The Dark Knight Rises Favorite quotes from the film (SPOILERS)

Bane's "darkness" speech. The way Bane says "BLINDED!!" then choke-shots Batman.

The best line is "A hero can be anyone. even if theyre just putting a coat over the shoulders of a young boy to let him know this isnt the end"

I think it was closer to

"Anyone can be a hero, like putting a coat around a small boy and comforting him to let him know that his whole world hadn't ended."

And I nearly lost it when Bruce said it.

Bane:

"Then I will break you."

"I was wondering what would break first. Your spirit or YOUR BODY!" *crack*

Batman:

"When I have the trigger, you have my permission to die."

and my personal favorite line:

"A hero can be as simple as a man putting his coat around a little boy's shoulders and reassuring him the world hadn’t ended yet."

Bane's entire rant about Harvey Dent. So passionate and with conviction...yet you know he didn't mean a word of it. It was a moment that perfectly sums up just how manipulative and evil Bane is.

Burn gorman "nice heels. Do they hurt to walk in?"

Catwoman digs heel blade into his leg

Catwoman "i dont know? Do they?"
Yeah, that bit was an eye opener. Loved the dialogue and the way she leans forward while saying it.

what did he say after "I'm gotham's reckoning"

It sounds like he's just saying something in a weird accent, and even after 3 viewings, I can't understand it.

"..... I will break you...."
-bane breaks batman back ala iconic knightfall image-

:-)

oh, that's still badass, but i thought since he was so strong and he was toying with batman that he was trying to be funny and said "i was wondering what i would break first.. your spirit... or your booty!" meaning like his ass but his back but you get it

"Oooooh you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark, I was born in it....molded by it.....I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you...because they belong to me."

Gosh, there are lots of fantastic quotesin the film- meaningful ones, witty ones, fun ones, a great mix, really.
Favorites:

Basically anything Catwoman/Selina said. "Cat got your tongue?" Loved that one, perhaps of all her lines, with maybe exception to what she says after [BLACKOUT]killing Bane.[/BLACKOUT]

Also when Batman throws back the same line Bane spoke to him early in the film, "...you have my permission to die."

"Anyone can be a hero, like putting a coat around a small boy and comforting him to let him know that his whole world hadn't ended."

And I nearly lost it when Bruce said it.

^I think that quote is probably my favorite. In a way, the trilogy was as much Jim's story as Bruce's, and really affirmed how much of a hero Jim Gordon is- and how such simple gesture meant so much and wasn't forgotten.
I had just watched Batman Begins, so even without the flashback I immediately thought of that scene and really felt so much, well, emotion with that one line.

Anyone can be a hero. Even a man who put a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hasn't ended.

Stockbroker: "There's no money Here"

Bane: "Than brother, what are you doing here?"

Special forces Captain: I'll die before I talk.
Bane: *kneels on neck* I'm on your schedule captain.

Every word said during the sewer fight. That entire sequence was perfect.

"Oooooh you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark, I was born in it....molded by it.....I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you...because they belong to me."

Dear God, yes, yes, YES. Such a fantastic fight scene.

I know the line about [BLACKOUT]John Blake's name being "Robin"[/BLACKOUT] has sparked a lot of debate among fans, but it was honestly the one line that gave the same "OHHH ****!!!" reaction out of everyone in the audience...and, to me, that made it a worthwhile little twist.

Bane: Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Special forces Captain: I'll die before I talk.
Bane: *kneels on neck* I'm on your schedule captain.
That was Bane's most disturbing kill in my opinion. Just nonchalantly chokes the guy with his knee.

YES! :applaud Pretty sure he said "BLACK" instead of "BLINDING" though.

And do you accept this man's resignation?!

Gotham is yours......do as you please

Basically that whole speech on the tumbler

Batman: Where is the switch!?
*Punches Bane*
Batman: Where is it!?
*Punches Bane*
Batman: When the switch is in my hand...*Purposefully overdramatic voice* You have my permission to die.

^Pure epicness

I think he said : Once u give me the detonator...."U have my permission to die"
But ya truly my favorite of all the quotes in the trilogy apart from Joker

I think he said : Once u give me the detonator...."U have my permission to die"
But ya truly my favorite of all the quotes in the trilogy apart from Joker

Bane said "When Gotham is...ashes..you have my permission to die" and when Batman throws it back at him he says he mirrors it by saying "When the detonator is in my hands...you have my permission to die" that was the most epic line of the whole trilogy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"