favorite rock band

Equinox said:
Metallica fan 4eva :up:

isthatabanjo.jpg

:eek: :eek:

That's hilarious. James Hetfield rocking out on the banjo...and it has a Floyd Rose locking whammy! That's ****ing priceless. What song is he playing?

bajo is totally. redneck
stewie griffin- " omg, i feel totally white trash"

KingOfDreams said:
That's hilarious. James Hetfield rocking out on the banjo...and it has a Floyd Rose locking whammy! That's ****ing priceless. What song is he playing?

Not sure.."Wherever I may roam" :confused:

Snipershot said:
bajo is totally. redneck

It can be, but it doesn't have to be. My dad is an awesome banjo player and I can assure you that he is not a redneck. The banjo is actually a derivative of an African instrument and was invented by black slaves. Not all that redneck of a beginning. The banjo is also used in a lot of Irish music. Not redneck. And then there's Bela Fleck, who, while certainly an able bluegrass player, has done a lot of wierd jazz-flavored stuff.

Keep,this thread alive people!We gotta show those hip-hoppin hooligans rock is alive in these boards!!

GNR4Life said:
Wow,surprised someone knows who these guys are.They haven't really blown up yet but they are an amazing band which deserves the upmost kudos.It's good to see they're busy touring instead of making videos.I hope they get recognized soon.

Now are you talkin' post PV Aerosmith?Or 70s Aerosmith?IMO,nothing will ever beat the Aerosmith of the 70s.They were so much more rockin' back then and came out with kick ass album after kick ass album.Even though they were high on every drug known to man.:confused: But they do rock.
I've been turned on to Silvertide since I saw them play the WMMR Christmas Jam with Shinedown in Philly. I hope they get huge, because they absolutely deserve it.

And I like songs by Aerosmith from all periods, but the majority comes from the seventies when they rocked hardest.

Gotta represent the indie-rock geeks!

In no particular order:

Superchunk - 1)Foolish 2)On The Mouth 3)Indoor Living 4)Here's to Shutting Up
Rocket From The Crypt - 1)Group Sounds 2)Paint As A Fragrance 3)Scream, Dracula, Scream
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Pixies - 1)Doolittle 2)Surfer Rosa 3)Come on Pilgrim
Archers of Loaf - 1)Icky Mettle 2)V.s The Greatest of All-Time 3)All The Nation's Airports
Promise Ring - 1)Nothing Feels Good 2)Very Emergency
Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary
Nirvana - 1)Nevermind 2)Incesticide
Built To Spill - 1)There's Nothing Wrong With Love 2)Keep It Like A Secret
Fugazi - 1)Repeater 2)End Hits 3) The Argument
Small Brown Bike - Dead Reckoning
Hot Snakes - 1)Suicide Invoice 2)Automatic Midnight 3)Audit In Progress
Mogwai - 1)[EP+6] 2)Young Team 3)Rock Action

That's enough for now...

GNR4Life said:
I really liked Night In THe Ruts,it had alot of solid rockers.It was defintely better than Draw The Line.

"Draw the Line" is worth it for the last track alone. The rest of the album is very good overall, but that last track, whose title I can't recall right now is KILLER.

My favourite band is Pink Floyd, with Queen coming in second. My favourite song is "When The Tigers Broke Free".

it was one miserable morning
in black '44
the forward commander was told to sit tight
when he asked for his men to be withdrawn
and the generals gave thanks, as the other ranks, held back the enemy tanks, for a while
and the Anzio Bridgehead was held at the cost
of a few hundred
ordinary lives

it was dark all around
there was frost on the ground
when the tigers broke free
and noone survived from the Royal Fusiliers company C
they were all left behind
most of them dead
the rest of them dying
and that's how the high command took my daddy
from me

Bands
1.Nirvana
2.Green Day
3. Jeff Buckley
4.Pearl Jam
5. Elliot Smith
6. The Beatles
7. Foo Fighters
8. Radiohead
9. Bob Dylan
10. John Lennon

Songs
1. Time Of Your Life-Green Day
2. Lithium-Nirvana
3. Last Goodbye-Jeff Buckley
4. Imagine- John Lennon
5. Tangled Up In Blue-Bob Dylan
6. In My Hands-Fuel
7. Karma Poilce- RadioHead
8.In My Life-The Beatles
9.Better Man- Pearl Jam
10. Happiness- Elliot Smith

bad brains
mahavishnu orchestra
deftones
the minutemen
metallica
voivod
ramones
bucket-head
system of a down

Springsteen, above all. :o

and then aerosmith and U2.

My damn, springsteen is so damn good. He should have his own thread dedicated to how friggin awesome he is :up:

I really like Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stoneage, The Mars Volta, At the Drive-in, System of a Down...

Well, all the lists are great, but you're leaving out possibly the three greatest bands of all time.

Chicago
Journey
Steve Miller Band

Cyclops said:
"Draw the Line" is worth it for the last track alone. The rest of the album is very good overall, but that last track, whose title I can't recall right now is KILLER.
That would be the old folk blues standard, Milk Cow Blues. I've got a version of it by the old time North Carolina mountains folk guitarist Doc Watson. It has also been covered by The Kinks, George Strait, Robert Johnson... and many more. The Aerosmith version is the best of the bunch. Most of the versions are characterized by that fine ol' line; "Won't you please.... Don't that sun look good goin' down?"

I have a killer live version of this song taken from the old Mama Kins club in Boston from 1994. The entire disc is the live show recorded from the mixing board and sounds fantastic. The disc is usually called "House on Fire, Aerosmith LIVE, small club in Boston." If you ever get a chance to get this disc, do it! It can sometimes be found on eBay.

Attachments

• aerosmith-colour628.jpg
    aerosmith-colour628.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 3
Nirvana
Anti-Flag
Satanic surffers
The Hives
Ramones
Black Flag
The Distillers
Pixes
The Cure
HIM
Slipknot

i love

Switchfoot
Nivana
Foo Fighters
Silverchair
Velvet Revolver
Stereophonics
Evanesence
Little Birdy
Offspring

Cyclops said:
Anybody here got Joe's solo album?

With the exception of "Ten Years", that thing kicks ASS!
GNR4Life said:
My fav track is Shakin' My Cage.Damn,that song belongs on one of their albums from the 70s its so good!
You know I got it Cyclops. And yeah, Ten Years is a love song for his wife. Can't really blame him.

There are some great songs on it, and Joe does all the vocals and instrumentation. Except the drums, his engineer handles those. But Joe even does the bass lines. Dang it sounds good and clean too. Listen to it on the DVD side in Dolby 5:1 WOW!

The song "Lonely" to me is the best on the disc. Its right up there with any of the classic Joe Perry or Aerosmith hard fast rockers. What a great song. Its worth mentioning too the song "Vigilante Man" the old Woody Guthrie folk song has never sounded so good as Perry's version with Joe's patented electric slide guitar from hell treatment! :D

Here's a pic of Joe on the docks in New Orleans of all places... and another in the studio with his American flag guitar.

Attachments

• aerosmith-bw276.jpg
    aerosmith-bw276.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2
  • perry.jpg
    perry.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 3
he might not be a rock band, but the King of Rock and Roll belongs on these lists. Elvis rules.

Rock rock bands:

1. Foo Fighters

Everything Else:

1. Brand New
2. Coheed and Cambria
3. Taking Back Sunday
4. Northstar
5. Thrice
6. Saosin
7. Thursday
8. The Receiving End of Sirens
9. Circa Survive
10. Saves The Day

These are just a few of the always revolving cycle of bands that I enjoy.

guns n roses queen, acdc, areosmith,foo fighters, green day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"