Favorite scene in the film? (spoiler thread)

Poeman

Avenger
Reaction score
Two that stand out to me:

Superman vs. Faora

"You can save her...You can save all of them"

What about you?

Last edited:
Pa Kent's sacrifice.

Lois and Clark in the graveyard.

The Smallville fight.

Zod V. Superman from beginning to end.

Mom and Pa Kent looking on as Clark runs around the yard with a cape.

As a matter of fact all the flashback scenes are really good and one of the best things about the film.

Superman's first flight
Superman vs Zod
Jor El vs Zod
Ending

I also loved some of the smaller things, like Clark getting the beer thrown on him leading to the reveal of the drivers diesel truck. I'll have a better idea after I see it a second time this afternoon.

Mom and Pa Kent looking on as Clark runs around the yard with a cape.

As a matter of fact all the flashback scenes are really good and one of the best things about the film.

Totally agree with this as well.

The smallville fight, oh my lord what a fight, no Superhero movie even comes close to this film in terms of action. Superman fighting Faora and that big guy at the same time was epic. Also loved Jorel on krypton he was just such a badass.

I LOVED the flashback to Clark as a child when Ma Kent tells him that they always knew he'd be a superhero, cutting to him playing with the cape and doing the Superman pose.

Zod vs Superman, including the neck snap and how intense it was.

The segment of Superman being driven down by the Earth Machine beam and rising up to fly right through it

Anything featuring Faora. :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:
Most of the tornado scene.
I thought it would've been better if Pa Kent had gone back to save a kid.

There's more. I'm going to see it again Sunday.

Smallville fight.

After Smallville fight where Clark flies back to check on his mom while still in his suit.

Superman v. Zod
Smallville fight
Young Clark
Jor El
Zod

Superman's first flight
Smallville fights
Superman vs Zod (especially the ending of it....good lord)
Superman trying to stop the generator
All the krypton stuff
The first time the name Superman is said (funny as heck)
The flashbacks really were great material
The last scene

All the fight scenes
Perry White and Steve Lombard trying to save Jenny
Krypton
Last flashback scene
The ending
Clark working at the bar
Any scene with Perry White and Lois
Clark telling Martha he found his real parents scene
Clark and Jonathan's talk before the tornado hits
Superman and General Swanwick final scene

Definitely Pa Kent sacrificing himself to keep Clark's secret safe. My jaw hit the ground, man....

Yeah, you're right Bullets; all the flashback scenes were wonderful.

Tornado scene and the Smallville fight were amazing. Definitely my two favourite scenes.

The last Zod scene was very powerful.

Superman attempting to take off inside the terraforming beam, while Jenny Olsen and Perry White are about to die, it's all very tense and beautiful. (especially when the end of Zimmer's Terraforming is playing)

The entire Smallville fight.

Hilariously, my favorite part I think most people would consider throwaway:

[Supes has just destroyed a drone and crashed it right in front of General Swanwick's path]
Swanwick: That's a $12 million surveillance drone!
Supes: Was.

:funny:

I dunno, I just thought it was great that Clark, instead of hiding and being scared of discovery all his life, has turned into this, "I am what I am, take or leave it" kind of person. :awesome:

Also, it was a rare moment of levity, and I'm glad to have had that instead of a down mopey "look at all this destruction" ending. :oldrazz:

Pa Kent and the tornado, he just stands there, holding his hand up. Beautiful.

critics say the movie lacks emotion, but a lot of the flashback scenes featuring Clark & Pa Kent had some great emotion

Smallville fight

The whole laying down your life that ran thoughout the film

Another scene I just remembered was the scene at the church. I love how Clark flat out says, "You know that space ship on the news? I'm the one they're looking for." I thought it was awesome that he just came out and said it.

I love the "you can save all of them" scene with superman floating backwards in space. Also superman's scream in the train station, cavill pulled that scene off very nicely.

I didn't even catch that the girl was called Olson. Shows how bad I am at following sensory overload/chaotic films.

Another scene I just remembered was the scene at the church. I love how Clark flat out says, "You know that space ship on the news? I'm the one they're looking for." I thought it was awesome that he just came out and said it.
Our audience HOWLED when the priest visibly swallowed upon hearing that. :lmao:

He had some good advice though. I liked that scene too. :yay:

Last two scenes are amazing. Plus the last Zod scene. (in fact the last 6 minutes or so is perfection, minus the "he is kinda hot")
Smallville fight
Any scene with Perry White in it. Especially trying to save Jenny scene, It was really intense.
Tornado scene
Clark at the bar

(also many more but those stood out to me)
Sequel HAS SO much potential to be even Better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"