Favorite scene in the film? (spoiler thread)

The 'Now I have no people' speech from Zod. He was so intense, I couldn't help but be pulled in by it.

And everything after that, of course, was totally bada**. And a great deal before it was too!

Actually, Ill add the scene where the Kents' see him put on the cape as a child, and the Daily Planet scene. Without those two, and the Tornado / bus scenes I would have rated it a full 2-3 points lower.

Can't really choose a favorite, they were all so good, but Superman snapping Zod's neck was just incredible. So unexpected and powerful. I just wish they didn't cut to a light hearted Superman scene right after.

Hilariously, my favorite part I think most people would consider throwaway:

:funny:

I dunno, I just thought it was great that Clark, instead of hiding and being scared of discovery all his life, has turned into this, "I am what I am, take or leave it" kind of person. :awesome:

Also, it was a rare moment of levity, and I'm glad to have had that instead of a down mopey "look at all this destruction" ending. :oldrazz:

Followed by him telling them he is from Kansas and he's as American as you can get. I thought that was really funny. Boom now Superman is here, the charm, the confidence, he is now ready to save the world when it needs him. This entire movie is a big origin story which is why I love that Man of Steel didn't appear til the very end of the movie. Brilliant move

The quiet moments when things weren't going BOOM

Jor-El and Lara saying goodbye to baby Kal
Clark at tbe bar, Clark with Martha
All the scenes with Dylan's Clark.
Lois' introduction and her graveyard scene with CLark.
Perry & Lois
The ending at the Daily Planet.

The Pa Kent tornado scene
Superman punching Zod after Zod chokes Martha
The final fight

I'll also add the moment the minister "gulps" after Clark tells him he's the one Zod is looking for.

A bunch but one little one that I enjoyed was when Supes destroyed that scanner of some sort and threw it in the middle of the road. Then had a discussion with General Swanwick. Good lines from Supes in that one.
Then of course the ending where we see him biking to the Bugle and meeting the staff. Wonder why he didn't put on his "clumsy nerd" persona there? Maybe they're going for a different approach.

Our audience HOWLED when the priest visibly swallowed upon hearing that. :lmao:

He had some good advice though. I liked that scene too. :yay:

That scene seemed like a nod to this one from Brian Azzarello and Jim Lee's run:

Superman_02.jpg

-That Smallville battle...man...I had know idea how Snyder would approach a live action Superman fight but it was perfection.
-The finale of the Zod fight. No need to say more.
-Ma Kent revealing that they always knew what Clark would become.
-Lara going down with the planet like a 'G.
-Perry White saving Jenny Olsen.

Can't say it's my favorite as that would be too hard of a choice to make, but one of my favorite parts was definitely Zod's reveal to the world. Kinda creepy too.

critics say the movie lacks emotion, but a lot of the flashback scenes featuring Clark & Pa Kent had some great emotion

THIS is what I have a problem with. The critics and some fans missed this entire point. The emotion is pretty HEAVY if you ask me, the film just doesn't wear it on its sleeve. It's subtle. It doesn't uppercut you with it but oh yes, it's all there.

I must admit, I thought I was going to choke up at times before going to see it judging how people said it made them cry, but I didn't come close. I just felt the sorrow in a different way on the surface.

That scene seemed like a nod to this one from Brian Azzarello and Jim Lee's run:

Superman_02.jpg

I turned to my brother and was like.. "FOR TOMORROW" and actually THOUGHT of Lexrules... no...freakin...kiddin! Lmao. A lot of comic-arc mixed in. The main reason why I was so happy about this film was because it WAS a comic-book film in the modern age. I never got that feel with the Donnerverse. Man of Steel IS comic-oriented and I loved it.

Also, when Jor-EL jumps into the waters and is swimming to locate the coax, that reminded me of Lobdell's kickoff issue when Jor-EL was underneath Krypton's soil and had Lara speaking to him when it got too dangerous and what not.

The last 10 minutes are probably my favorite. The Zod/Superman/Lois ending and the flashback at the end are beautiful movie-making.

Superman's first flight.

Supes vs Faora aka the Smallville fight lol.

Clark in school having many of his powers going off at once and his Mom's speech to make him focus his attention on just her to hone his abilities.

Also loved Lois aboard Zod's ship and her escape with Jor-El's AI.

.....but my top favorite though would have to be Zod vs Supes....from where the fight first starts in the aftermath of nothing but ash and rubble to the end with Supes crying in the arms of Lois after having to kill Zod.

The beginning were they show Krypton and the General Zod - Jor El confrontation. The Smallvile fight between Superman - Faora - US army was amazing. Also the General Zod warning to the World and his fight with Superman was awesome. Some of the flashbacks were good as well. Superman learning to fly was good as well.

no favorite scene....loved it all. Seen it twice. Hope to go back today with my Batman buddy

any scene with Jor-el.
young clark pushing the bus out of the river.
supes first flight.
tornado scene.
the church scene.

Last edited:
Favorite scene hands down was the "first flight" scene. It offered some comedy relief while showing the golden age jumping Superman homage. Really loved that scene.

My favorite scene for the raw emotion of it was Supes having to kill Zod. Cavill acted the holly hell out of that scene.

The 'Now I have no people' speech from Zod. He was so intense, I couldn't help but be pulled in by it.

And everything after that, of course, was totally bada**. And a great deal before it was too!

This specifically. It was a perfect transition for his character, to go from a soldier of Krypton to a man hellbent on revenge. I loved that. Shannon got way too much flack from critics, mostly because for the majority of the film he was this stoic, very direct general. It was only then that he unhinged and wen ten ways of crazy.

My favorite scene for the raw emotion of it was Supes having to kill Zod. Cavill acted the holly hell out of that scene.

I wish they'd've held on it longer, though. I really wanted to see him BREAK. DOWN.

Meh, I didn't have a problem with how long they held that scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"