Logan and Yukio VS Silver Samurai and Viper
World War II Flashbacks
Bullet Train
Logan Going Back To The POW Camp
Nostromo Interrogation
Funeral Fight
Logan's Hunters Encounter
Logan's Bear Encounter

Yeah the good thing they did was keep it simple, I was worried Logan would end up fighting it and make it look bad. Bad CGI dates a film very quickly.

And I guess for the scene when he does put it out of its missery was actually a puppet.

Yeah bad CGI can really mess a movie over long term, that's why I leads prefer the practical. Look at a film like John Carpenters the Thing, it still looks amazing.

Or even just compare some of the FX in the old and new versions of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Freddy popping out the wall above the head looks amazing in the practical effect in 1984. In the 2010 version it's CGI and it looks awful.

The bar scene was really well done, with Jackman's acting and Yukio's introduction.

All of the Nagasaki scenes, especially the last one: "One day I'll come back for this."

The Wolverine vs Shingen

Logan's first bear encounter

The bar scene

"I'm tired."

Last edited:
Yeah bad CGI can really mess a movie over long term, that's why I leads prefer the practical. Look at a film like John Carpenters the Thing, it still looks amazing.

Or even just compare some of the FX in the old and new versions of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Freddy popping out the wall above the head looks amazing in the practical effect in 1984. In the 2010 version it's CGI and it looks awful.

Heck even the original Star Wars holds up better than some CGI from the prequals.

The best use of CGI is when you dont realise its even being used, in the background not in your face.

I'm kind of glad this Wolverine had a smaller budget so that it cut out some of the nonsense CGI like Origins and we end up with something like Logan V Shingen, ten nay a hundred times better than any CGI could ever do.

Yukio vs Shingen vs Logan
The WW bomb scene

Yukio vs. Shingen vs. Logan. Jackman embodied Wolverine there more than in any of the other films. The physicality, the anger, and, for once, we actually see Wolverine kill his opponent with his damn claws in these films.

Oh, and the bone-claws at the end. What a pleasant surprise! For a second there, I honestly had no idea what the hell they were gonna do, then BAM. Awesome.

Honestly, my only problem with the film was Silver Samurai. Not the twist with Harada, but the size of the mech suit. We could've had a real, mano-a-mano fight with a smaller scale suit and it would've been 10 times better.

Wet Logan and Jean in balcony in the "LOVE HOTEL"
Yukio vs Shingen,Credit scene and the scene with white hot room.

Logan's Hunters Encounter

Straight and I mean straight out of the COMIC pages.

All of the Nagasaki scenes, especially the last one: "One day I'll come back for this."

The Wolverine vs Shingen

The bar scene

"I'm tired."

heh..glad i'm not the only one who liked that scene. Such a simple scene, but actaully adds alot to the story

My fav scene...pff...too much to mention. I guess pretty much Logan's scenes with Mariko when they were on the run.

...the chopsticks bit...:oldrazz:

All I know is that if I lost my visual aid after I'd already plunged my hand into my chest cavity, I'd be screaming that I couldn't see it either.

And maybe it was just for the benefit of those not watching...I know my sister was practically hiding under her chair during that scene. :funny:

Watching it a third time, I enjoyed sitting off to the side and looking back at audience reaction. So many flinches and gasps and hands to the face during that scene. It was fun just to watch audience reactions.

The action scenes were great but I just loved the moment where Logan awakes claws out from a nightmare next to Mariko and she isn't afraid and tells him why. Such a GREAT bonding moment filled with tender depth. So much superb writing in this film.

OEHNEVb.jpg

lzowL2C.jpg

ahdDThC.jpg

wolverine43-017-018.jpg

1pTjcn8.jpg

3QUfXK8.jpg

EyfTNPX.jpg

0ykZ3Po.jpg

5r7jHRM.jpg

theuncannyx-men173-1516.jpg

Just curious what people wanted that this movie didn't have in the comics?

shingen vs wolverine imo is one of the best cbm fight scenes of all time

-All of Viper's scenes
-Mid-credits scene
-Atom bomb scene
-Yukio VS Shingen
-Funeral scene
-Mariko/Wolverine house scenes

The Wolverine vs Shingen

The bar scene

"I'm tired."

heh..glad i'm not the only one who liked that scene. Such a simple scene, but actaully adds alot to the story

My fav scene...pff...too much to mention. I guess pretty much Logan's scenes with Mariko when they were on the run.

...the chopsticks bit...:oldrazz:

Agreed. I loved the scene at the vet's office, when Logan says, "I've never needed this before," and Mariko says, "Help?" That was just such a perfect response for what was going on in the part of the story.

I can only list scenes that were lesser in the movie. I liked it THAT much.

Anything to do with jean grey. Besides that, wolverine at the funeral

Three highlights for me were:

- From Logan's self-surgery to the Logan/Shingen fight to the words "The Wolverine". The fight that ensues between him and Shingen was a perfect, intense follow-up of an already sick scene. That whole scene was flawless.

- Mariko/Logan walking. "I'm tired." So much said in so few words. Very well done.

- Logan unconcious on the balcony of the 'love hotel'. It was nice to see him reach a limit!

Without question coming back from the dead on the operating table. The baddest mutant alive is back!!!

It was awesome, especially the I'm the Wolverine part.

Definitely the intensity of the fight was sooo awesome! Hiroyuki Sanada and Hugh Jackman really let loose in that scene! I think thats my favourite one on one fight scene in a comic book film!

Personally I think thats what i liked most about this Wolverine film, it didnt need to be the big "world is going to be destroyed", it was a character story and its best moments were all those smaller moments. Where Wolverine VS Shingen beats out something like Iron Man battling "White" Mandarin with 42 armours.

I think Marvel can take a few notes from this film as it really was a proper solo film, everything that happened was so confined you weren't asking yourself wheres the X-Men??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"