Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Spider-Man ~ 8/10
Spider-Man 2 ~ 7/10
Spider-Man 3 ~ 8/10
The Amazing Spider-Man ~ 7.8/10

TASM has the best Peter and love interest
Raimi's Spider-Man cast Peter Parker with the personality of Ross Gellar from F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Lmao, that's the best description of Macguires Peter Parker I've ever seen.

Agreed about Macguire. And unfortunately the main character/love interest being unlikable does far more for me to dislike the films than some other posters on this thread.

ASM is far better in my eyes than SM and reasonably more enjoyable than SM2.

1. The Amazing Spider-Man 7/10
2. Spider-Man 2 6/10
3. Spider-Man 5/10
4. Spider-Man 3 2/10

1. Spider-man 2
2. Spider-man
3. Spider-man 3
4. Amazing Spider-man.

1. Spider-man 9.5/10 -I love the first film. Love it. The only issue I have with it is Green Goblin's costume(which doesn't bother me like it bothers others to begin with) and that the cgi looks kind of aged but other than that, it works on almost every level. I love Dafoe as GG. That's an underated villain performance if ever i saw one.

2. Spider-man 2 9/10-Spidey 2 is pretty great but what makes it a lesser film than the first for me is the whole storyline about Peter losing his confidence which somehow makes him not be able to fire webbing or..whatever the bad place was going on. I also didn't like how Octopus dissappear for a large chunk of the film after the bank fight. Spidey 2 has a great first act, an amazing 3rd(the train and clock tower are some of the best superhero movie fights of all time), but for me, a meh middle.

3. Spider-man 3 8.5/10-I don't dislike it like many do. It's a bit of a letdown but it's still very entertaining. I think Venom should've been saved for a part 4 instead of shoehorning him into 3. It's one of those films that starts off great and about halfway through it just loses it's footing. And the first major fight(Harry vs. Peter) and the amnesia...don't work at all. That fight is overreliant on cgi to the point of not looking real at all and the amnesia is just well...stupid.

4. Amazing spider-man 7.25/10- It's not a terrible movie but it's a terrible spider-man movie. THAT is not my Peter Parker. He's not awkward, he's actually pretty normal and I don't like that. I hate the skateboarding. I hated how Peter was constantly not caring much about what Ben and May had to say. In the first Raimi movie, I felt like Peter was just having a disagreement with Uncle Ben but here I felt like Peter genuinely didn't respect him, and I hated that. Then the fact that the killer just gets away..ick. And all this crud about Peter's father, I just didn't care. To top it off, the film is dull in general. It has it's moments but it's by far the worst spider-man film.
Do you work for IGN?

As a movie they all have flaws, but for me it comes down to The Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2.

As a "favorite" Spider-Man film, The Amazing Spider-Man EASILY.

But if the question were best, that would be tough.

^ What CBM, or movie in general, doesn't have flaws?

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man
3. The Amazing Spider-Man
4. Spider-Man 3

Really like SM 2, like SM, don't like TASM and outright dislike SM 3.

I still don't really get what made Garfield's Peter so "likable" to some people. I really thought he was a ******** for most of the movie.

Edit- I'm sorry. Richard head.

I still don't really get what made Garfield's Peter so "likable" to some people. I really thought he was a ******** for most of the movie.
He was that way in 3 scenes only
Taking the card of that intern
"How dare I? How dare he?"
And promises you can't keep are the best kind

Fine for the rest of the film

Everyone keeps saying Parker was an ***hat in TASM I disagree the three scenes mentioned above 1. Less of a **** and more of a funny moment He didn't know that was going to happen. 2 That was a great scene Imagine being told you're so much like your father and that he believed people had responsibilities they had to do but he left his son in his brothers care and never came back I would of been upset at that too. 3 Was just corny but not a ****head as many call him

I recently just watched SM2 again and I really saw just How cheesy corny and downright horrid MJ and Maguire's Peter were. As much as I still love it for just being a great *** time I've come to accept that TASM is the more enjoyable film for me because I love the direction Webb is taking.
TASM had the perfect portrayal of Parker we've seen, the chemistry between Garfield and Stone was awesome and the one thing we've been waiting to see was finally there: A wisecracking Spider-Man "Ohhhh the boys in blue are here!" Was just awesome.
In the end TASM comes first then SM2 then SM and lastly SM3.
My thoughts on SM3 it coulda been better than SM2 if they woulda ditched the whole Black suit Venom aspect Take that out and SM3 is pretty good Especially Harry as Hobgoblin

^ What CBM, or movie in general, doesn't have flaws?

I know all films are "flawed", I just don't think, besides SM2, the others are great movies. Very good and entertaining, but are flawed. Not flawed like The Dark Knight or Iron Man or Avengers, where there are a few issues, but flawed.

I've never though the writing in the Spider-Man series was done well. In SM1-3 I've had a problem with the dialogue, and in The Amazing Spider-Man I had issues with the general plot and story structure.

Edit- I'm sorry. Richard head.

Agreed. He came off as a jerk for most of the film, and did many things that made me hate him. I mean, he spits on a dying man's wish at the end of the movie, and does so in a seductive way. That part really irks me. I liked what Garfield had to offer as Spider-Man more so than Tobey, but at least I thought Tobey's Parker was a decent guy. Garfield as Parker was mostly a jerk and a punk. I really hope they tone that down next film.

Eh, i look at it as one part of a whole. Then'origin' of Spider-Man is not use the first act of the first movie, it's going to encompass the planned trilogy. He's a kid in love, so he breaks his promise. And it's looking like their building up the death of Gwen Stacy for the third film, so there are ramifications for Peter breaking the promise, cementing the concept that with great power comes great responsibility in a tragic, sobering fashion. I actually prefer this approach, the characters come off like actual people instead of Saturday morning carton characters like in raimis films (and I like the raimi films btw).

I honestly don't understand how Peter is a jerk. I fail to see it. He makes some poor choices but all characters do. He's still a teenager and Webb and co. are using that to create a good drama. There is no character I have related more to than Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"