Far From Home Favorite Spider-man Movie

DACrowe

Avenger
Reaction score
Seems like a good question to bring up considering there are so many with four (and more) continuities growing. So how do they rank for you? I included the ability to vote on your fave above.

Spider-Verse, I think.

But the close number 2 slot is up for grabs. I “think” it may still be “Spider-Man 2”, but I need to see “Far From Home” again. It’s kinda close upon first viewing, and FFH could easily take that 2nd spot.

Spider-Man 2 is the king, followed by Spider-Man and Spider-Verse.

If I'm ranking all the movies

ItS-V
SM2
Homecoming
SM1
FFH
-
-
-
ASM2
ASM1
SM3

Even though I have the Amazing movies down the bottom, Andrew Garfield remains my favorite Spider-Man but Holland is the best Peter Parker.

Its still Spider-Man 2 for me. The right cocktail of great Spidey elements there in spades. An emotional journey for Peter lifted straight from the comics. The classic Harry vengeance to becoming Goblin story developing. Brilliant supporting roles from Aunt May and Jonah Jameson. A fantastic villain in Doc Ock. Superb action scenes. Terrific acting all around.

Spider-Man 2. The film somehow managed to build upon what made the first Spider-Man so great, perfect that, and also moved the characters forward. From peters inner struggles of dealing with his Spider-man persona while balancing a normal life, to the brilliant and tragic story of Doc Ock, and incredible performances by every actor all around including Aunt May, JJJ, and others. This was a film that had the heart and spirit of the comics while also continuing the journey from the first film and Raimi did it oh so perfectly .From the story, to the acting, to the action scenes and score. It truly is an incredible film that I don't see any other Spidey film touching any time soon.

I'd still say Spiderman 2 is the strongest of the Spiderman films, and one of the best cbm in general. Its up there with Superman the movie, TDK, Black Panther, WW, DOFP , Avengers Endgame,in terms of stellar films in the genre.

Into the Spiderverse, SMHC, SMFFH, and Spiderman are all among the best Spiderman films ,but overall, SM2 is still best one imo.

Just watched Into the spider-verse. That movie is a masterpiece.

Seems like a good question to bring up considering there are so many with four (and more) continuities growing. So how do they rank for you? I included the ability to vote on your fave above.

1. FFH
2. SV
3. SM2
4. HC
5 ASM1
6. SM1
7. ASM2
8. SM3

I'll add my three cents.

1. Spider-Man 2 - It has aged gracefully (more so than SM1), because it is such a well told story and beautiful encapsulation of the spirit of Spider-Man comics and mythos, even if it fudges the details. It is both earnest and goofy, moving and just infectiously exciting. It is among the five best movies in the genre.

2. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - It is likely the most innovative Spidey movie since 2002, and also just a pretty perfect rendering of its concept in its own right. It does adult Peter Parker well and nails Miles Morales while being the most gorgeous showcase of animation in recent memory.

3. Spider-Man
4. Spider-Man: Far From Home/Homecoming (pretty evenly matched, IMO)
6. Spider-Man 3
7. The Amazing Spider-Man
8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

After all these years SM3 is a shocker (no pun intended) and for me is bottom of the pile.

'What was that?'
'Oh it's a bird it will fly away'
*moments before a particle accelerator test*

'It wasn't Spider-Man that killed your father'
*The butler waited THREE movies to tell Harry this information

Harry's GG2 written of out act 2 with amnesia

Peter's incessant crying

Dunst's acting

Sandman's motivation (daughter) that is in one scene and isn't returned to

Venom - **** me, that was an absolute DISGRACE.

Venom/Sandman team up

Evil Peter.

The dancing.

The club

The movie is an absolute shocker and as disappointing as ASM 1 and 2 are they aren't as infuriating because they weren't directly proceeded by the masterpiece that is SM2. Talk about hitting the heights and then immediately plunging the depths.

As straight up movies go then its Spiderman 2 without doubt. It captured the inner conflict and struggles of Peter Parker the best. Also had a top tier villain in Doc Ock and the resolution at the end (''It was my dream'') is amazingly satisfying, on top of the whole story being inspirational which is lacking in the Spidey movies that came after (exception of Spiderverse).

I do believe however that Garfield is the best adaptation of Parker/Spiderman weve seen on screen yet.

I love 'em all. Twenty years ago, we were just hoping for one good Spidey film. Now we have seven live-action Spidey films, one animated movie, and three crossover appearances. We've had Spidey played by three great actors, rather than just Hollywood stars. We've seen the Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, the Sandman, Venom, the Lizard, Electro, the Vulture and Mysterio. We've seen the Osborn Legacy, the death of the Stacys, the symbiote costume, Spider-Man No More, the Iron-Spider and Peter's relationship with Tony Stark. We've seen Spidey battle Thanos and fight alongside the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy. And now we're at a point where we're seeing Miles Morales, Ganke (the Ned Leeds version) and Spider-Gwen. More than anyone could have imagined all those years ago.

Last edited:
Spider-man 2 is still my favourite but I really enjoyed FFH. It’s probably 2nd in the list.

I'm probably in the minority but Far From Home is my favorite Spidey live action film (I LOVED Into the Spider-verse, but I just can't compare live-action with animated, they're just different for me). I love Spider-man 2 also, but I don't know, FFH just landed more for me, so SM2 is now my second favorite Spidey film haha.

If I were ranking the series, I'd say:

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Spider-Man
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

It's close between SM1 and Homecoming, but in the end, I think the 1st half of SM1 is basically a perfect Spider-Man movie. But Homecoming is better than the 2nd half. But that 1st half of SM1 nets it a spot higher. FFH and Spider-Verse are close for me, so I will admit possibly some Mysterio bias. But I love the movie for many reasons. SM2 is the crown jewel, though. Best representation of Spidey on film, IMO. Stands up to most CBMs, and still one of the elites of the genre, IMO. TASM films just never did much for me. TASM is okay and has great point mixed with absolute stupidity. TASM2 is just basically stupidity. SM3 I find underrated.

Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse is superior to them all, yet, much like "Mask of the Phantasm" for Batman, it will never properly get the love it deserves. Both are by FAR the best representations of their respective characters, but "they r cartoonzzz", so here we are. I think excluding Spider-Verse from this pole would change it up. Best live action is a tough call for me. It truly depends on my mood. Spider-Man 2 and Far From Home are my fave live action films now. Simply because they have the best Peter/Spider-Man balance, and the best villains...next to Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin, who would be the undisputed number one if not for that awful costume...which only gets worse the more you watch it. We are almost 20 years from it's debut, and it is the most dated thing about that film. Dafoe's Norman/GG performance is still tops, though. Spider-Man 2 was even sweetened by his appearance in the mirror at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"