Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Spider-Man
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

It's close between SM1 and Homecoming, but in the end, I think the 1st half of SM1 is basically a perfect Spider-Man movie. But Homecoming is better than the 2nd half. But that 1st half of SM1 nets it a spot higher. FFH and Spider-Verse are close for me, so I will admit possibly some Mysterio bias. But I love the movie for many reasons. SM2 is the crown jewel, though. Best representation of Spidey on film, IMO. Stands up to most CBMs, and still one of the elites of the genre, IMO. TASM films just never did much for me. TASM is okay and has great point mixed with absolute stupidity. TASM2 is just basically stupidity. SM3 I find underrated.

Nice list, bud.

The only thing I think ASM2 got right was the web-slinging in the opening scene. It was PERFECT. As for SM3, if you could just kill the dancing crap, it's a 30% better movie. Also, I thought the scene at the end where Harry bails him out was incredible. Still do. First real superhero team-up (outside of the X-Men films) we ever saw on screen, also. That counts for something.

My list:

1) Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse

2/3) Spider-man Far From Home/ Spider-man 2 -too close to call

4) Spider-Man Homecoming

5) Spider-Man

6) Spider-Man 3

7) Amazing Spider-Man

8) Amazing Spider-Man 2

Nothing will ever top the feels from Spider-Man in 2002. The first time I saw that movie, that's an experience that will never be replicated. I have a special place for that movie, it's still my favourite.

Looks like I'm on my own for this one, lol!

If I had to rank them it would go like this:

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man Far From Home
Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse
Spider-Man Homecoming
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3

Last edited:
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

That is still a Spider-Man cartoon in a Batman coat of paint (and some changes), and the second best Spidey show.
Truth. If Spidey and Batman did the fusion dance from DBZ, they would emerge as Batman Beyond.

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

That is still a Spider-Man cartoon in a Batman coat of paint (and some changes), and the second best Spidey show.

So true. Batman beyond is so underrated and that movie is probably the best animated super hero movie ever. Do yourself a favor if you haven’t yet and watch the uncut version of the movie. Takes a film that’s already a classic to a whole new level.

Into the Spider-Verse
Far From Home
Homecoming
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 1
Spider-Man 3
Venom
ASM 1
ASM 2

Oh I guess we're ranking now.

Alright

1) Spider-Man Into the Spider-verse
2) Spider-Man 2
3) Far From Home
4) - tie The Amazing Spider-Man
4) - tie Homecoming
6) Spider-Man
7) The Amazing Spider-Man 2
8) Spider-Man 3

So it's not easy for me to rank an animated movie alongside a live action one. I love Mask of the Phantasm and until the Nolan trilogy I thought it was the best adaptation of the material however I was one of the folks that dismissed it because at the end of the day it was animated. Spiderverse is different. What SV did with its unique animation alone transcended its medium. The choices they made in how they animated and told the story with it was peak imaginative. There's a reason it stole the Academy Award away from what appeared to be the shoo ins of The Incredibles 2 or Isle of Dogs. On top of that there's an unmistakable authenticity not only to the Spider-Man mythos, but to New York and the characters. Miles, Uncle Aaron, even Gwen, the way they were voiced and the way the performance looked in animation felt so real at times it felt a bit like I was watching a live action film.

I'm utterly in love with Spider-verse and screw it folks. For all the good it does, it earns its right to stand alongside the live action films. Sorry Spider-Man 2.

Truth. If Spidey and Batman did the fusion dance from DBZ, they would emerge as Batman Beyond.
I think this DBZ reference should earn another point, even though I'm not the big fan who watched the series regularly.

So true. Batman beyond is so underrated and that movie is probably the best animated super hero movie ever. Do yourself a favor if you haven’t yet and watch the uncut version of the movie. Takes a film that’s already a classic to a whole new level.
I think I only watched the uncut version, so full glory.

I still feel like Spider-Man 2 was the best Spider-Man movie. But Tom Holland is my favorite Spider-Man at this point.

Just got back from the movie for a second time about 30 minutes ago. Here are my thoughts on this.

1. Spiderman 2- Outside of spiderman not really making jokes/being funny this movie is like perfect. Doc ock train fight is still the best action scence I have seen in any CBM ever and even the bank fight is really good. I would say Doc ock is still the best villain in a spiderman movie yet. The actor was just perfect in the role and I love love Harry in this movie, and the movie has a lot of heart with scences like there is a hero in all of us and the part when Peter is talking to May about Uncle ben. Its still easily my favorite spiderman movie.

2. Spiderman far from home- The action in this movie is really good. I would say the illusion fight is one of the better fights in a spiderman movie but still dont tuch the train fight in spiderman 2. The last fight with the whole spider sense was also really good. Was cool to see several different suits for spiderman in one movie, and Ned and MJ I like in the movie. Mysterio was a good villain but not has menacing has Doc ock and I dont like he had a connection to Iron man and I think could have used some more back story on him. First half of the movie was a little to slow. Love the movie but its characters out side of Mysterio and Peter are not has good has spiderman 2 and I think that is a big reason I would say spiderman 2 is still easily the best spiderman movie yet and the fact the movie just dont have has much emotion stuff has spiderman 2 does.

3. Into the spider vs- Always thought it was odd that we didn't have a animated spiderman movie before this with how popular spiderman is and the fact that batman has had a lot of them even if not all of them are theater release and most or direct to video. Love the art style so cb like and the action is great, and the movie like spiderman 2 has a lot of heart and makes you care about Miles.

4. Home comming- Vulture one of the more lame villains in spiderman they found a way to make him really good in the movie. In fact I would say only behind Doc ock for spiderman movie villains. The car scence and the whole twist of him being lizzes dad was just great, and I loved the way he looked to. The action in home comming was lacking. Its not that the action was bad its just none really stood out were in all the other 7 spiderman movies I would say there was at least one action scence that stood out.

5. Amazing spiderman 2- The most underrated movie I have ever seen in my life. I just dont get the hate for it. People say it dont have a plot but that is just not true its main plot is about Peter and Gwen trying to deal with the promise that Peter made to her dad about staying away from her. The suit in amazing spiderman 2 is the best suit in any spiderman movie, and its soundtrack is also the best. The romance between Gwen and Peter is really good in this movie and I love the web swinning with Spiderman climbing the webs something we have not really seen in the other movies.

6. Spiderman 1- Goblin I never had a issue with his suit unlike a lot of people. I do hope if we see Goblin again that its more like the comics/90s cartoons though. A lot of the CGI in this movie has not aged well at all. Willam defoe was great has Goblin but once he like kills the people who fired him its like what is his motivation? Does he just want to take over the city and be a dicktor or what?

7. Amazing spiderman 1- The school fight was really good liked the way Spiderman moves. The suit sucked and the soundtrack was not that good. I liked the way Lizzard looked. He looked like the classic Lizzard but yet people hate on it dont get it. The part in the suwear with spiderman trying to fell vibrations I always like and the short under water fight/chase has it was just very different. I used to flip flop on this movie and spiderman 1 for what movie I liked more but spiderman 1 I have to give the edge to has Goblin was a much better villain.

8. Spiderman 3- Still enjoy the movie some what. There is not a spiderman movie I dislike yet but I think spiderman 3 is by far the worst of the now 8 spiderman movies. The soundtrack was better than 1 and 2, and the action is still good, but having venom and than killing him after getting into the movie later was stupid, and the actor they picked was just wrong for the role. MJ was written much worse than 1 and 2 and so was Peter. Even though I still some what liked the movie its one of the most disappointing movies I have ever seen has if it lived up to the hype it would be my favorite CBM of all time. Instead its like 30th or something. Just way to much going on in the movie. Didn't like that for like half the movie Harry dont have his memory. I loved that Harry comes back to help Peter at the end sucks he died but it was still a great emotion end to the Harry and Peter conflict.

If I were ranking the series, I'd say:

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Spider-Man
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

It's close between SM1 and Homecoming, but in the end, I think the 1st half of SM1 is basically a perfect Spider-Man movie. But Homecoming is better than the 2nd half. But that 1st half of SM1 nets it a spot higher. FFH and Spider-Verse are close for me, so I will admit possibly some Mysterio bias. But I love the movie for many reasons. SM2 is the crown jewel, though. Best representation of Spidey on film, IMO. Stands up to most CBMs, and still one of the elites of the genre, IMO. TASM films just never did much for me. TASM is okay and has great point mixed with absolute stupidity. TASM2 is just basically stupidity. SM3 I find underrated.

I don't really have much to add. That's my order as well.

Far From Home
SM2
Into the Spider-Verse
SM1
ASM1
Homecoming
ASM2
SM3

For whoever said they don't get why people hate the look of The Lizard it's cuz #1 his flat face looks like the Toad from the Mario movie and #2 there's no lab coat. I really want Kraven for the next movie, but I'd love to see The Lizard for 4. It's be cool to see them in the same movie, with Spidey having to protect The Lizard from Kraven's crazy ass.

For whoever said they don't get why people hate the look of The Lizard it's cuz #1 his flat face looks like the Toad from the Mario movie and #2 there's no lab coat. I really want Kraven for the next movie, but I'd love to see The Lizard for 4. It's be cool to see them in the same movie, with Spidey having to protect The Lizard from Kraven's crazy ass.
Lizard might be unlikely to happen. Feige doesn't want to use villains already used in previous series.

I like the Lizard's design, aside from the lack of snout it doesn't look that much like a movie goomba.

1. Spider-Man 2

2. Spider-Man 3
3. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
4. Spider-Man
5. The Amazing Spider-Man
6. Spider-Man: Homecoming
7. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

1. Spider-Man 2

2. Spider-Man 3
4. Spider-Man
5. The Amazing Spider-Man
6. Spider-Man: Homecoming
7. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

You are the first person I have seen with into the spider verse that low but over all you have a list that is very different. You have not seen far from home yet?

^No, too disappointed with Homecoming and its characters and Spider-Verse, not a fan of Gyllenhaal (though I love Mysterio) and too spoiled about what happens in FFH. And first-run movies are too expensive these days. Edit: And I don't like that it's a sequel to Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame.

Last edited:
Perfection Tier:
1. Spider-Man PS4
2. Spectacular Spider-Man

Amazing Tier:
4. The Amazing Spider-Man

Really Good Tier:
5. Into the Spider Verse

6. Spider-Man Far From Home - decent but horrible spidey movie
7. Spider-Man Homecoming - decent but horrible spidey movie
6. Spider-Man - kinda enjoyable but campy
7. Spider-Man 2 - good action but wayyy to much campy and cringey scenes
8. Spider-Man 3 - just a big pile of turd on screen

Homecoming .....and I'm glad you asked.

In short, IMHO:
- best villain by quite some margin
-best depiction of Peter Parker as a dorky, awkward teenager.
-loved that as Spidey he was a total screw up
-loved a change from saintly old ladies as Aunt May.

I just saw Far From Home, and still think Homecoming is the best Spidey film. I can hear the gasps.......:D

Really, really enjoyed FFH more than I was expecting and made me Moreno excited for more Spidey in the MCU, but Raimi’s first 2 movies are still tops for me, with Spider-Man 2 still being in my top 5 CBMs ever, it’s a masterpiece of the genre.

1) Spider-Man 2
2) Spider-Man
3) Spider-Man: Far From Home
3) Spider-Man: Homecoming
5) The Amazing Spider-Man
6) Spider-Man 3
7) The Amazing Spider-Man 2

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
4. Spider-Man: Homecoming
5. Spider-Man: Far From Home
6. Spider-Man 3
7. The Amazing Spider-Man
8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

It's a toss up for me between Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Verse.

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Into the Spider-Verse
3. Spider-Man
4. Homecoming
5. Far From Home
6. Spider-Man 3
7. Amazing Spider-Man
8. Amazing Spider-Man 2

1. Into The Spider-Verse
2. Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man 2
4. Spider-man Far From Home