World Favorite Superman suit so far?

harryoscop

Avenger
Reaction score
From the creator of the critically acclaimed "Favorite Batsuit thread...
yes I'm including all 4 of the original SM movies

These threads could really use some pictures....

After watching MOS and now seeing the new Batman V Superman suit, all the other ones are absolutely terrible.

So this thread is going to get pretty lopsided.

MOS. BVS seems like a real downgrade, though I'll reserve my judgement for when we see it face on.

x5sbr8.png

tumblr_n8587mcHJa1sxwyufo1_500.jpg

These threads could really use some pictures....
Pictures!

Superman and the mole men (1951)

mole1.jpg

Superman (1978)

30604116-30604119-large.jpg

Superman II

Superman-II-superman-the-movie-20437736-676-1000.jpg

Superman III

01.jpg

Superman IV

1488036-jpg_superman_christopher_reeve.jpg

Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (1993)

253efb3635a858c0-deancainsuperman2.jpg

Smallville (2001)

Superman-Suit-History-Smallville-17.jpg

Superman Returns (2006)

1558874-s.jpg

Man of Steel (2013)

131120-MOS25.jpg

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Superman-Henry-Cavill-in-Batman-V-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice.jpg

I went with MOS because I haven't seen enough of the BvS suit.

I'll go with STM for now. Can't beat a classic, though the MoS suit is spectacular and the BvS suit may well be even better, we'll see.

Also, point of order - the pic you have listed under SIV is actually from STM/II. :)

For me it's a tie between the STM suit and the MOS suit Although I'm really digging the look of the BvS suit, but like Kirmit said we haven't seen enough of it yet too really say haw we feel about it.

For me it's a tie between the suit from Superman Returns and the suit from Lois and Clark. :up:
You asked for favorite, but the one from the movie with Chris Reeves is always the best I think, whatever favorite is mine.

This is really tough. I think I'm with titansupes on this one. While the Man of Steel suit is a terrific design, and the BvS suit looks to have perfected it; I have to go with the suit that I grew up watching and idolizing. Superman: The Movie for me.

This is really tough. I think I'm with titansupes on this one. While the Man of Steel suit is a terrific design, and the BvS suit looks to have perfected it; I have to go with the suit that I grew up watching and idolizing. Superman: The Movie for me.

I agree with you here.

My all time favorite Superman costume is the Fleischer Studios design. The similar version in Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier looks great as well. My current second favorite Superman costume is Val-Zod's blue costume with the white cape. I'm also like the jeans and t-shirt look from Grant Morrison's Action Comics run.

I also love the Fleischer Studios design. Also this is my favorite "old"/future Superman suit.
BMB_Cv3.jpg

MOS and BvS may have that one beat soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"