Favourite Quotes

It goes to your state of mind and motivation. If you tell yourself you can do something, you can accomplish it. However, if you tell yourself you can't do something, you are 100% correct because you aren't even putting forth the effort to try.

You misunderstand. I don't need an explanation, I understand Henry Ford's quote, which I posted. You, however, posted "You can or you can't. You're right either way," which is not Henry Ford's quote, and doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
You misunderstand. I don't need an explanation, I understand Henry Ford's quote, which I posted. You, however, posted "You can or you can't. You're right either way," which is not Henry Ford's quote, and doesn't make sense.

Well, when I heard it, it was the simplified version. I also understood it perfectly. Perhaps because, I was told it in the context of an instructor trying to teach me something.

Genius is one percent inspiration, two percent perspiration, and ninety seven percent Tesla. - Thomas Edison.

"Only the educated are free." ~ Epictetus

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Every sunrise in Africa a Gazelle wakes up, it knows that it must out run the fastest lion in order to survive. Every sunrise in Africa a Lion wakes up, It knows that it must out run the slowest Gazelle in order to survive. It doesnt matter if you are a Gazelle or a Lion, sunrise comes, you better be running.

"Some motherf***ers are always try to ice skate uphill." - Wesley Snipes

:o :up:

"Do women think it's feminine to be so illogical or can't they help it?"
- From the movie Charade

"It's our human duty to enjoy life. Wasting it, you desecrate God's great gift. We've got to be greedy about living."
- From the movie Ikiru

"The best way to protect your place in life is to do nothing at all."
- From the movie Ikiru

"Those who fight monsters should take care that they never become one."
- Nietzsche

"People love to suffer so they torture themselves even when there isn't any reason to."
- From the movie The Seventh Seal

"Your problem is, you attack yourself from all sides, like Jersey Mosquitos."
- From the movie The Big Heat

"I feel like an artist eager to paint, a racer waiting to drive. This is pure creation. As close to godliness as man could attest. I will create you. I will shape you. And I will tear you apart."

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in there minds wake in the day to find out it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."

“It’s only those who live life to the fullest who are truly afraid of death.”

“I had this really bad day once. The type of day where everything could have chances for the worst. I knew it waw coming too. And that, on that day, I was able to get out of bed, slap on my shoes and put foot in front of the other makes everything else seem easy and simple. We’re capable of anything. You just have to have faith and the confidence in yourself to be able to do it."

Last edited:
"You don't get famous doing ***** s***" - From someone in a skateboard mag years ago.

Lisa: "Dad, women won't like being shot in the face."
Homer: "Women will like what I tell them to like."

-The Simpsons

You have one thing in common with all successful people:
twenty four hours per day. It's how you use them that
makes all the difference

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worthy of reading or do things worth the writing."
--Benjamin Franklin

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in there minds wake in the day to find out it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."

Love this quote by T.E. Lawrence.

thanks, now i know who said it :up:

- Life is like a jar of jalapeños. What you doing today may burn your ass tomorrow.

- If it reaches your knee, it is no longer a fart.

“See, madness, as you know, is like gravity.
All it takes is a little push.”

-The Joker

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. "

They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
Edgar Allan Poe

To vilify a great man is the readiest way in which a little man can himself attain greatness.
Edgar Allan Poe

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"