The Dark Knight Favourite Ra's al Ghul in the media

I thought Scarecrow was underrrated in Begins too bad the sequels that followed didn't use him like first film.

The sequels didn't have enough screen time to use him like they did in Begins. There's nowhere in the story of TDK or TDKR that could have incorporated Crane as much as it did in BB.

The sequels didn't have enough screen time to use him like they did in Begins. There's nowhere in the story of TDK or TDKR that could have incorporated Crane as much as it did in BB.

All in all I'm glad he was in the trilogy to begin with. He's an underrated villain in general

Well Blake got more than what Scarecrow was in TDK and TDKR But I agree its the way the stories were writtten so he had no choice nbeen more scenes.

As I said before Cillian Murphy was perfect for Nolanverse and he nailed the character in BB. He's a fantastic actor.

Blake was supposed to have a bigger arc since he was Nolan's version of Robin, and was getting the mantle of the Batman at the end. Crane was just a lackey to Ra's. His importance was significantly less.

But on a personal note I much preferred Crane over Blake. I generally disliked Blake and most of his scenes in TDKR were a drag and badly written.

Blake was supposed to have a bigger arc since he was Nolan's version of Robin, and was getting the mantle of the Batman at the end. Crane was just a lackey to Ra's. His importance was significantly less.

But on a personal note I much preferred Crane over Blake. I generally disliked Blake and most of his scenes in TDKR were a drag and badly written.

Yeah I agree with you there.

1. Arkham City (Loved)
2. Nolanverse (Just short of City, I missed the supernatural elements, but Neeson nailed the character)

Haven't seen the rest.

ras-neeson-500x375.jpg

Simply perfect^

Is Neeson's Ra's really faithful to the original concept of the character at all? Or would you say he was altered to fit the story Nolan and Goyer wanted to tell about crime and vigilantism? I get the impression that classically, Ra's is mainly concerned with saving the natural world rather than society.

Is Neeson's Ra's really faithful to the original concept of the character at all? Or would you say he was altered to fit the story Nolan and Goyer wanted to tell about crime and vigilantism? I get the impression that classically, Ra's is mainly concerned with saving the natural world rather than society.

I'd go with that. I prefer the eco-terrorist Ra's with all his mystical voodoo, but Neeson's Ra's still had the same mannerisms as the animated one.

I would actually rank the DCAU Joker fourth, behind also the Nicholson Joker and the Arkham Joker (who is essentially the same character as the DCAU Joker, but he can get away with a lot more).

I had to come back to this again. Joker got away with a lot in the DCAU for kids show, just look at a Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker. They said he couldn't kill but he killed plenty of people on and off screen
67.jpg

This bloke was no joke^ It's funny that this fight scene alone showed more blood than the entire TDK trilogy

^You have no idea how silly that sounds when you think about it.:o

I'll go with Under the Red Hood on this one

Cannot believe I missed this thread. DCAU, of course, though I don't think he has ever been portrayed too badly.

Cannot believe I missed this thread. DCAU, of course, though I don't think he has ever been portrayed too badly.

You must be a big fan of Ra's lol

Is Neeson's Ra's really faithful to the original concept of the character at all?

Of course. He runs a global organization that's been around for centuries. He's an expert martial artist and swordsman. He has warped noble ideals. He believes in balancing the world through extreme methods like mass murder.

It's not in the poll, and while the Batman the Animated Series is the best for me, I must point out I was pretty happy with the version in Beware the Batman.

What are your thoughts on Arrow's Ra's al Ghul and how that version compares to the others?
Matt-Nable-and-Katee-Sackhoff-in-Riddick.jpg

I haven't seen it, but it looks like a poor man's version of Liam Neeson's Ra's.

Sweet, but why does he look like a drummer from an indie band?

Ra's Al Ghul is in Arrow? What possible connection could he have to Green Arrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"