The Dark Knight Rises Favourite scenes! (SPOILERS)

The whole film. I honestly can't pic a favorite. Loved Bane going into rage mode when his got broken.

Gordon and Batman's last exchange. I broke down into tears.

This scene really made me tear up, and then alfred bawling saying he failed the Waynes. Thewhole ending took me from tears to a big smile.

So many other great scenes too.

That first fight with Batman and Bane was really well done. No music, did anyone notice that? It was just grunts and punches all the way through.

That first fight with Batman and Bane was really well done. No music, did anyone notice that? It was just grunts and punches all the way through.

It was disturbing is what it was. Like watching a predator toy with its prey. I kept thinking back to Bruce saying to Alfred "I will fight stronger and harder." He was trying but he just couldnt get the upper hand and to hear him groaning and yelling and damn near praying that he get the upper hand. Especially when he backs up the steps and Bane lumbers up them Bale made this almost cornered animal yell when he tried to hit Bane. It was just pure fear. Really unnerved me.

First and last batman bane fights were amazing. The first having more of an impact on my brain. Very unnerving.

Worst scene had to be the opening prologue. I was one of the lucky ones to see the prologue first in Imax at the special 6 minute screening. The same one people complained about when it came to hearing banes dialogue. Well, instead of just lowering the background noise a little and amplifing his voice, they completely re dubbed banes for the entire scene (with the only exception being the "crashing this plane!" line. And the new delivery is terrible compared to the original cut. Im so upset by this change and it really makes me hate when creative minds change what they've done just for the sake of a few people being def. The scene was perfect the way it was. Now bane sounds completely different in that scene compared to the rest of the film. :csad:

That makes me a saaaaaaad Panda

I was just happy to finally see a shot of Bruce in his suit, in the Batcave, on his computer...WITHOUT his cowl on. That's just such an iconic shot to me because you see it all the time in the comics and animated series/films but NEVER in the Nolan films.

(The one in BB when he takes the cowl off and his back is away from the camera doesn't count, lol.)

I was just happy to finally see a shot of Bruce in his suit, in the Batcave, on his computer...WITHOUT his cowl on. That's just such an iconic shot to me because you see it all the time in the comics and animated series/films but NEVER in the Nolan films.

(The one in BB when he takes the cowl off and his back is away from the camera doesn't count, lol.)

I completely agree. :woot:

So many great monents to choose from, but the Batman vs Bane Round 1 fight towered over everything else for me. Though I loved Round 2 as well. Sooo great!
Any scene with Alfred was terrific, Michael Caine was at his best in this one.
I also loved the John Blake as Robin revelation.

Batman Returns (both situations)
Any scene with Alfred
Both Batman and Bane fights
Bruce Rises
Catwoman
Bane exposes the lie about Harvey Dent
The End

Also all the throwbacks and nods to the previous films.

prologue
anything with Alfred
everything about Bruce in the pit
the truth about Harvey Dent
the end, everything about it no exception

for the most specific:
Alfred revealing to Bruce about Rachel's letter
Bruce climbing out of the pit

Both of the fights with Bane
Bruce finally climbing out of the pit, with the bats
Batman's return in that car chase
Bane releasing the truth about Dent
Plane Hijacking
The Al Ghul flashbacks and Bruce's vision
Batman and Catwoman kissing, followed by Batman revealing his identity to Gordon
The entire ending (Alfred crying, Blake's full name reveal, the new Batsignal, Blake finding the cave, Fox learning that autopilot was fixed, Alfred seeing Bruce in France etc).
Any scene showing off Bane's badassery
A few of the Catwoman scenes were very cool too

Not necessarily a favorite "scene", but a rather a mention, whether it be coincidence or not... did anyone think the "large alligators in the sewers" that Blake mentioned was a nod to Killer Croc? lol

Last edited:
My absolute favorite scene.. Is when batman after realizing what he has to do.. After climbing out of the pit. Returning to Gotham,, saves commissioner Gordon.. And gives everyone in Gotham a symbol of hope when his ensignia burned on the bridge

Favorite moments (some are just parts of a larger whole)

[blackout]Bane going berserk in the last fight
Rooftop fight allied with Selina
Bruce and "Miranda"'s before and after manor scenes
The Bat taking off over the cops
Talia reveal
Talia's gloating
Bane breaking Batman's back
The Al Ghul family flashbacks
Bane's speech about the corrupt[/blackout]

...and a whole lot more. Despite my serious complaints there is a whole lot to like in the film.

favourite scenes:

-When Selina is in that bar and plays the victim card when the police move in, screaming like a banshee then calms down 10 seconds later. (great acting, very selina, and reminded me of Michelle Pfeiffer's catwoman)

-once bruce climbs from the pit, before he leaves he tosses the rope down to the prisoners so they can escape too.

- the brutality of bane and bats final fight. i WISH it was like 15 min longer.

- Blake on the bridge scenes. Such good acting.

- when you see bruce and selina in the cafe at the end, that was one of the most powerfully satisfying and rewarding feelings I've had watching a movie in theatres. Like, OKAY HE'S ALIVE, NOW STOP TOYING WITH ME NOLAN.

- Batman's ride off into the sunset with the bomb. @#!$% waterworks, man.

- the 6 seconds when bane was revealed as the protector and you saw HARDY'S FACE.

- even with the ******ed voice over, the prologue was still damn exciting, even after watching shaky cam footage of it since december.

- i was hoping for a bat-cat kiss shot, a la Hush, and so that was neat. Also funny when you saw the nose part of the cowl jab into anne's face lol

I'm sure I'll think of more when I see it again sunday... :)

A lot of my favorite scene's have already been mentioned, but another that I really liked was in the scene where Bane kills Dagget. The way he gently puts his hands on his shoulder and says something like "Do you feel in control?". Very chilling.

The underground battle with Bane and Batman. Christ, that's easily the most brutal fight I've seen in a superhero movie. Bane just wailing on Batman's head, as he's trying to break his cowl was a little hard to watch tbh.

Bruce's successful attempt at climbing out of the pit with the chant in the background.

Selina in the bar.

Bridge scene at the end.

John "rising" at the end.

And pretty much the whole movie. xD

Alfred telling Bruce about Rachel.

So powerful. Both of them pulled it wonderfully.

Probably when Batman beats the sh** out of Bane and says that one line Bane said previously "then you have my permission to die." I wanted to jump up and cheer.

There were so many freak out moments in this movie (every appearance by Bane and Catwoman was exemplary, they lit up the entire movie), but these are the ones that stuck more than anything:

1. Bane dismantling Batman at the midpoint. "Victory has defeated you."

2. Gordon breaking down to Blake about the cover up. Most powerful dialogue in the entire film.

3. Batman overcoming Bane. When Bane approaches Batman, who is waiting at the top of the stairs, Bale growls and steels himself for the fight. Goddamn sweet.

4. Bruce understanding that he has to find the fear he drove out of himself in Batman Begins, becoming more human, in order to overcome the pit and Bane.

5. 'Your knife was too slow."

6. Catwoman pleading with Batman to leave with her, and "Not everything, not yet."

And finally--pretty much Blake's entire role. I can't believe they actually sold me on this random cop becoming the successor to Batman, but they did. It was careful and deliberate, and I loved it. His reaction to the gun after having killed that League goon, and then his discovery of the cave were high points in particular.

A lot of my favorite scene's have already been mentioned, but another that I really liked was in the scene where Bane kills Dagget. The way he gently puts his hands on his shoulder and says something like "Do you feel in control?". Very chilling.

Oh god, Bane was awesome in that scene.

"I'm in control here"
"Do you feel in control?"
"I've given you money"
"And this gives you power over me?"

I'm grinning like an idiot imagining that scene with Dagget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"