F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So....how does Bannon still have a job right now?

Because he is good at playing to Donnie's ego.

He completely undermined half of Trump's cabinet. Someones gotta go.

Damn. Tim Scott and Bob Corker unloaded on Trump today. The entire Senate is turning on him.

Like John Oliver said, and Im sure others have said too, disavowing Nazis is literally one of the easiest things a president can do. Its a freebie. Only an extreme minority would disagree with a president that disavows nazis. There is zero political risk in disavowing nazis. But Trump couldnt even do that. And when pressed about whether he would do it he just ignored the reporters and walked away. And that is a loud and clear reply.

So Im not surprised senators are turning on him. At best Trump is just a coward that is too weak to stand up to the nazis, and at worst he is a racist or a sympathizer. He may have burned away a chunk of whatever political capital he had left.

This is definitely wishful thinking but what if this rise of white nationalism splits the Republican Party.

Now before you assume I just want an advantage for progressives I actually wouldn't be opposed if the Bernie Bros also split the Democrats.

I feel like separating the extremist from the rest would be healther than our current two part system which is being completely derailed by extremist.

But like I said, wishful thinking.

What happens if Cheetoh dies in office? Looking at his diet and temperament, it wouldn't shock me if he had a heart attack. He would still get a state funeral I suppose but would anyone be mad if no foreign dignitaries or ex-Presidents attended?

What happens if Cheetoh dies in office? Looking at his diet and temperament, it wouldn't shock me if he had a heart attack. He would still get a state funeral I suppose but would anyone be mad if no foreign dignitaries or ex-Presidents attended?

If life wills it, and I am there to see it, the day the Donald dies is going to be the biggest party of my entire life. I don't advocate for his murder or anything stupid like that. But he's old! And it's coming! And that day will be infinite beer and steak and chicken fajitas in my backyard. Everyone is invited! I'll call it the "Nothing of value was lost Party"

I'm gonna be annoyed when he kicks and people start white-washing his actions.

Dignitaries would attend. If he dies out of office, they will attend. Remember, even Nixon received something akin to a state funeral (it wasn't a full blown one as Nixon specifically stated in his will that he did not want a state funeral but dignitaries attended and his body was displayed for the public). Trump will go down as the worst President this country has ever had. But he will still receive all of the pomp of a state funeral when he dies because it is not about Trump the man. It is about the Office of the Presidency. No matter how much Trump disrespects that office, our country should not.

I'm gonna be annoyed when he kicks and people start white-washing his actions.

Nixon hasn't been white washed. If anything, his legacy has gotten worse in death. Most people forget that Nixon had several domestic and foreign achievements both during after his presidency. Nixon would likely be considered a top 10 President but for Watergate. Heck, outside of Lincoln, Roosevelt, and MAYBE Reagan, Nixon would probably be revered as the most accomplished Republican President if not for Watergate. No one talks about that though because of Watergate. Trump doesn't have, and never will have, the accomplishments of Richard Nixon. His legacy will be nothing but the scandals.

If he is impeached he should be stripped of his government funded health care, all of his presidential life benefits, and he should not have a state funeral. Itd be absurd to prove he is a criminal and not worthy of the office and then treat his corpse like he was worthy of the office and not a criminal.

That should be the case for all impeached presidents. You get impeached you get nothing.

But Nixon died long after he left office. The country had moved on at that point. But if our current one goes while in office, I can't imagine he would get many wistful editorials and commentators outside of Fox News. Of course they'll probably push some conspiracy theory on how Hillary was behind it.

3+ years of this nonsense, oh boy... :(

I really don't see Trump getting away with murder for the next 3 years, and Mueller is getting closer with each passing day.

If he is impeached he should be stripped of his government funded health care, all of his presidential life benefits, and he should not have a state funeral. Itd be absurd to prove he is a criminal and not worthy of the office and then treat his corpse like he was worthy of the office and not a criminal.

That should be the case for all impeached presidents. You get impeached you get nothing.

Well, first, keep in mind, impeachment is essentially a censure, nothing more. But assuming you are using it to mean removed from office, I agree. And that may very well happen, we don't know. We've never had to cross that bridge, as a country.

That bridge is clearly in view now.

Maybe. I think it is more likely that Trump resigns. If Trump resigns, he will get a state funeral (assuming he wants one, somehow I suspect that will feel a little too...pedestrian...for Trump). As he should. Resignation would spare the country from the turmoil of tearing down a duly elected President. Therefore, we would treat him with the same privileges as a former President in the name of maintaining the dignity of the office. Its an illusion, but a necessary one.

I can see that. He is clearly not enjoying his vacation.

Maybe. I think it is more likely that Trump resigns. If Trump resigns, he will get a state funeral (assuming he wants one, somehow I suspect that will feel a little too...pedestrian...for Trump). As he should. Resignation would spare the country from the turmoil of tearing down a duly elected President. Therefore, we would treat him with the same privileges as a former President in the name of maintaining the dignity of the office. Its an illusion, but a necessary one.
Why would that be necessary?

You want this Congress to do the same to Obama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"