F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thread Manager, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Incredible Hulk

The Incredible Hulk Bad Hombre

Clinton's perjury and impeachment are not even in the same strata as what's potentially going to be levied against Trump if even half of these things being bandied about come to pass.

Hell, this could potentially make Watergate look like the Monica Lewinsky scandal by comparison.

2. Joeyjojo72

Joeyjojo72 Well-Known Member

I know that's what you desperately wish , but you know nothing about what the the charges ultimately will be or what the so called "best case scenario" even means. Making declarative statements without any ev8dence or expertise or judgement just makes you look like an idiot. Or a troll. In your case those are really the only two options.

And comparing completely d8fferent cases from different times involving different people as if theyre similar because they involved presidents is straight up stupid.

3. Aximili86

Aximili86 Well-Known Member

Ridiculous. There's no official iron-clad evidence public yet that he did break the law either. Mueller might have it, and he might find him guilty on some of this, but we don't have access to that info yet personally.

And even then, Congress isn't removing him even if guilty. Not in a nation this divided right down the middle. Most likely situation here is he's found innocent of any collusion, but comes off charged on the minor stuff and public opinion among the moderates is swayed enough to vote him out in 2020. But he's not getting removed by lawmakers, it'd be a cluster**** more than it's worth. Even if guilty.

4. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

Wall Street Journal - Talking to Trump: A How-To Guide

https://www.wsj.com/articles/talking-to-trump-a-how-to-guide-1516303402 (January 18, 2018)

[​IMG]

5. Kaleb

Kaleb Devil of Hells Kitchen

Manafort's witness tampering hearing on Friday.

6. Aximili86

Aximili86 Well-Known Member

Well, you said it yourself. "Potentially". Could be he's found guilty, could be he's not. There's a huge spectrum of what he could be charged with as opposed to not charged with, what they want to pursue and what they don't, what they can prove and what they can't. You don't know he's definitely guilty of specific crimes any more than the Red Hats know he's innocent of everything, and the reality is likely that it'll be something in-between. Guilty on some, not-guilty on others. The degree of which we won't know until Mueller releases his report.

The point being made was, there's going to have to be a huge honkin' smoking gun that we don't know about yet, to result in Congress voting to throw him out on his ass. It's so unlikely to happen, just temper expectations. Even if he's guilty, he's still more than likely fininishing out his term.

7. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

People have been rising up against the regime in Iran but what we don't want is a Iranian version of the current Syrian civil war. A conflict like the Iran is not good for anyone.

Iran was economically incentivized to stick to the agreement. The Iranian regime was against the deal while the Iranian public was in favour of it.

As part of the deal Iran had reduced it's uranium stockpile by 98% and could only enrich at site (natanz).

Weapons grade plutonium is not a easy thing to make nor conceal.

8. childeroland

childeroland Well-Known Member

Mueller requests 150 blank subpoenas in Manafort case

9. The Incredible Hulk

"There's no evidence to substantiate a claim on either side, but let me tell you exactly what's going to happen..."

10. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Well-Known Member

Quick to judge I see. Its ok, say or do as you feel. Makes no difference to me. No matter "what side I'm on" I do not judge or agress someone that may or may not have different beliefs than myself. Part of what makes the US so great. People have forgotten that.

Besides, I was simply stating my opinion on the subject. I could be wrong, I could be right. Time will tell. But it grows tiring being labeled or attacked here based on opinions.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  11. Joeyjojo72

Belief (however you define it personally) has nothing to do with it. Nothing.

12. Joeyjojo72

Who has the time to read their previous posts? Some of us have jobs yknow...

13. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Well-Known Member

Again, say what you want. But I personally find your labeling and aggression to those with their own opinion or opinions different from your own to be quite silly. Especially when based on such a simple statement.

Carry on, Hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.

14. chaseter

chaseter Esteemed Member

I believe our inspectors, sure. Do I fully trust inside sources? No. They might not even be aware of 100%. Do I trust Iran? No. The deal works off of the assumption that we know of and inspect all of their enrichment labs. That’s trusting Iran. I don’t trust Iran. They sponsor terrorism. They want to destroy Israel. That doesn’t even include the fact that they are still allowed to enrich uranium for nuclear power in an oil rich Country...which is a huge red flag. I don’t agree with giving them a dime in cash but I’m fine with economic manipulation as a deal but with no real consequences or the complete shutdown of enrichment I think Iran won hand over fist. I don’t think we got anything out of it of substance. Plus, the only reason they decided to come to a deal was after their labs were hacked...setting them back years. That’s not someone I would have a trust deal with.

I agree that Saudi is a bad actor and ALL the politicians cater to the Saudi’s.

15. chaseter

chaseter Esteemed Member

Also in relation to my first post on party line hypocrisy concerning the NK summit: It’s interesting to see Democrats negatively reacting about Trump decreasing military spending in SK after Democrats have consistently harped on decreasing military spending, an end to the US military industrial complex, and an end to US world policing.

16. Marvolo

Marvolo Well-Known Member

I trust science. If our inspectors and the UN inspectors that specialize in this stuff said they were doing what they were supposed to be doing then they were doing what they were supposed to be doing. Iran isnt going to outmaneuver nuclear scientists and the people that specialize in inspecting this stuff. The half life of the materials used to make nuclear power and nuclear bombs ranges from millions to billions of years. That **** isnt easy to clean up and hide. Also, part of the Iran deal was limiting their enrichment process to such a degree that it wasnt remotely possible to make a bomb so allowing them to continue enriching uranium enough for nuclear power was harmless.

17. The Incredible Hulk

yes, because domestically we have the same imminent threat level of all out war and limited military capacity that they do in South Korea, so these situations are completely analogous and not in any way at all a false equivalency. :up:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  18. Warhammer

Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

:whatever:

19. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Uh... Isn't that the publicly stated "Libertarian" postion we have all heard for decades?

And as I have pointed out many times before wasn't a good part of the online shilling for Trump by supporters based on the idea of Hillary Clinton as a war hawk that would get us into war in some way?

20. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Well-Known Member

Look at the 6 or 7 indictments we already have guilty please and cooperation from. You don't seem to quite understand how someone cooperates with an investigation.

This means Cohen will agree to give up information to save his own ass a tad. They squeeze the little fish to get to the bigger fish. Almost all the other players on Cohen's level have plead guilty or are currently indicted (Manafort).

The FBI isn't going to lessen his charges for people lower than him. They could accept several others on his leve but, again, most of them are already roped up. They aren't going to lessen his charges for dirt on people they already have locked up or about to get locked up.

That leaves Trump, Pence, 1 or 2 top GOP members cabinet members, and Trump's immediate family (most of which are complete morons they already have mountains of evidence against).

Process of elimination tells us the noose is pretty tight right about now.

Care to make a wager on that?

Geopolitcs makes for strange bedfellows. I'm actually not against working with any of those you listed or Russia or China. As long as it's done with the betterment of the USA and world in mind.

I think we can both agree that is not what we are currently looking at in regards to the Orange one.

21. Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit Well-Known Member

Not being a Democrat myself, I'm happy to report it's not just Democrats that think the Trump/Kim "summit" was about as substantial as a submarine made out of saltines.

Kim Jong Un says "sure we'll get rid of our nukes for you..."
    Trump replies "great, we'll start moving our troops out of position for you..."

Nothing signed, nothing concrete decided, and all we really saw was the President licking Kim's boots.

Nothing worthwhile was accomplished here diplomatically, yet a certain segment of the political landscape is reacting like Trump walked on water back to the U.S. after the summit.

22. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

This. :(

23. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

24. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

No one in their right mind would work there. :(

25. Ouch

Ouch Well-Known Member

Trump propaganda mural at the Southwest Key Programs (SKP) center (Concentration Camp) in Brownsville, Texas:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.