F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thread Manager, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

For someone who’s been a big business mogul for forty years and a reality show star, Trump has a shockingly poor grasp of PR half the time. Whether he said the n word or whether he means “dog” in a racist way isn’t even the point. You’re right in the middle of racism accusations so you figure it’s a great time to go tweeting about a black woman being a dog? Don’t you have enough sense to at least know that doesn’t look good?

2. Doug_Moore

Doug_Moore Well-Known Member

Her book came out today in case you didn't know. I assume some posters on here will be picking up a copy.

The White House doctor told him he needed more fiber in his diet.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  3. Deck Rickard

Deck Rickard Crashing into Blockbuster like whoa

Of course not. If Trump gave really gave a crap about the public viewing him as a racist, he wouldn't publicly call every black person he doesn't like stupid.

4. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Remember when he doubled down on thinking nazis were good people after he petulantly decried nazis?

His team is probably patting themselves on the back that he didn't call her a ***** like he clearly intended.

5. Schlosser85

I have my doubts.

6. samsnee

samsnee Well-Known Member

Sarah Huckabee Sanders says she "can't guarantee" that Cheetoh has never said a racial slur on tape.

7. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

It's stupid. It's dumb. And yet for some reason proof that he said it would matter. Not for the vast majority on either side of the argument. People will still vote for him, but there is no longer argument about racism.

8. Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

At this point the president using a racial slur doesnt make a bit of difference. Black voters hate him. Liberal whites hate him and so do Latinos. White men, old people and bigots won't care or will love it.

Hard to believe that we have fallen so far that a president using the n word means nothing.

9. Sithborg

Considering how much she lies, it is an impressive failing on her part.

10. samsnee

I’m sure if and when a tape does come out we will get a tweet how Obama sings to Jay-Z so he’s probably said it.

11. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

I know the feeling. :(

12. Schlosser85

Whether or not Trump said the N word is kind of irrelevant. His base wouldn’t care, and it wouldn’t tell his critics anything they don’t already believe about him.

13. Sithborg

His core base, no. But I can guarantee it would have knockback effects on other candidates.

Though, based on the reporting in GA and FL, it might not really matter.

14. DKDetective

DKDetective Problem Eliminator

It doesn't matter though. Republicans don't care and most of them probably share his racist sentiments. The only people outraged by this are the same old liberals and centrist who dislike him to begin with. Because of Republican voter suppression and gerrymandering, it doesn't matter that the rationale majority dislikes him. He is going to get a second term just like Bush.

15. Zarex

Zarex Well-Known Member

For Trump's deplorable base his racism is a feature, not a bug.

16. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

Trump is all about marketing not PR. In the marketing world you only need to target your message at a small group of people

17. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

So Trump just called her a "dog" on Twitter; how is it better than the N word? He might as well called her a chimp while he's at it.

18. FTCBIRDMAN

FTCBIRDMAN Well-Known Member

I don't want to sound ignorant and I am certainly not a Trump fan in any way, but I never knew the word dog was a racial slur. I hope I'm not coming across as bad because I've just never heard it used that way.

19. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

It's a derogatory word.

20. Sithborg

I think what "dog" was replacing is definitely meant in a derogatory manner. Just, not quite as bad as the n-word.

21. Marvolo

Marvolo Well-Known Member

To be fair, I've called people dogs before. So I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I went at Trump for that alone.

On the other hand when I called someone a dog their race had no bearing on my thoughts about them. If Trump was calling someone a dog because of their race that's definitely racist.

On the other other hand, I'm not President and I dont create a potential PR disaster every ****ing time I'm within reach of a wifi connection. So if I call someone a dog its merely disrespectful and not a scandal.

At this point, every damn thing Trump says or tweets should be triple checked for double meanings and his "corrections" should be triple checked, because the man is as ass backwards and twisted as a platypus in a washing machine.

22. Doug_Moore

Doug_Moore Well-Known Member

I'm surprised he didn't call her a canary given his mobster ties.

23. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

That's the issue here. He is an American President making public statements. This is far beneath the dignity of the office. I am sure that many, many presidents have used terrible language behind closed doors. They're human beings. But they all knew not to make official announcements in public as the head of the American State in a manner more befitting the surly drunk at the end of the bar rather than as the most powerful man in the world.

Also... There is just something beyond it just being Trump hurling insults at someone like Omarosa, who isn't quite all that sympathetic a character mind you. It's that this sounds more like how a dictator/strongman type speaks of his mortal enemies. This has not been the norm for presidents in the modern, post WWII age. Many historians speak of how more often than not the office of the president and its attendant responsibilities changes its holder for the better. LBJ for his faults and mistakes still pushed through Civil Rights legislation and in public acted with the honor the office demands. Trump hasn't grown a wit. He's still the same uncouth boorish narcissist he was when he started his campaign.

24. Mike5575

Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

Calling someone a dog is one of Trump's favorite go to insults. I'm starting to think Trump has something against dogs, which isn't good any way you slice it.

25. samsnee

Because dogs are loyal and caring and give unconditional love. Something he wouldn’t know.