F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nixon once said that the Greek civilization fell because they accepted homosexuality. Trump sounds more like Tricky Dick every day with the backwards, inaccurate crap he spews.

Is anyone planning on assisting with a 2020 candidate’s campaign and, if so, would this be your first time?

I’m planning on canvassing and etc. I did it before to help bring in equal marriage rights. But this would be my first time doing it for a potential presidential candidate. I just view it as extremely important to do any action possible to kick agent orange out.

I won't be, but we did get a visit from a Democratic canvasser recently. Very unusual around here, I was glad to see it. My wife even admitted to be willing to vote for Dems.

Nixon once said that the Greek civilization fell because they accepted homosexuality. Trump sounds more like Tricky Dick every day with the backwards, inaccurate crap he spews.

The Nixon Tapes were full of......interesting thoughts.

That 60 Minutes interview... Jesus.

Can't wait till he blames editing for why he comes of looking like a moron.

"It doesn't matter, we won." There it is. The "got mine" own libs mentality. That's all that matters to them anymore.

Can anyone verify this?

I feel like this is so outrageous it couldn't possibly be real, but with Trump who knows.

I saw that too and I don't even know how something like that could be legally binding.

I saw that too and I don't even know how something like that could be legally binding.

It wouldn't be but by the time anyone comes to the defense of the kids, they're lost in the foster care system.

I didn’t even realize there was a 60 mins Trump interview out. Must check this out. I can’t understand os advisors would be ok with him doiny this type of interview when they know full well he will come across as a total moron

I didn’t even realize there was a 60 mins Trump interview out. Must check this out. I can’t understand os advisors would be ok with him doiny this type of interview when they know full well he will come across as a total moron

Because there are no consequences.

Is anyone planning on assisting with a 2020 candidate’s campaign and, if so, would this be your first time?

I’m planning on canvassing and etc. I did it before to help bring in equal marriage rights. But this would be my first time doing it for a potential presidential candidate. I just view it as extremely important to do any action possible to kick agent orange out.
I have no idea what my life will look like after graduation, at this point. But I would love to get involved with campaign work, so long as good candidates show up. I am slightly concerned about recent media trends trying to prop up Biden as a pre-existing frontrunner...

I have no idea what my life will look like after graduation, at this point. But I would love to get involved with campaign work, so long as good candidates show up. I am slightly concerned about recent media trends trying to prop up Biden as a pre-existing frontrunner...

Biden is the most obvious choice. Experienced, caring, ethical, respected, easy to like. He'd be a great President. Maybe not the best candidate... but I hope so. This is probably everyone's cue to jump on the '76 is too old' train. :whatever:

Lying sack of sh— continues to be lying sack or sh—.

He should be thanking Obama for being left a growing economy because it wasn’t doing so well, Republicans would have abandoned him by now.

It’s creepy that Trump said he “RELIES” on Putin in the 60 Minutes interview especially that he said this after being asked if he thinks Putin kills people. Might be due to reading comics, but that sounds very ominous.

"It doesn't matter, we won." There it is. The "got mine" own libs mentality. That's all that matters to them anymore.

"The election is over." - Barack Obama to John McCain, 2010.

"Elections have consequences", and "I won." - Barack Obama to Eric Cantor, 2010.

"Go out there and win an election." - Barack Obama, 2013.

Doo bee doo bee doo. Incoming "b-b-but that was different" in 3, 2, 1... :up:

Obama was chastising McCain in your first example, because he felt that McCain was too busy politicking and not busy enough governing. He was saying, "John, the election is over."
In your second example... it is, in fact, entirely different. Elections do have consequences and Obama did win. That is different than Trump saying that it doesn't matter that he mocked an assault survivor cause they won the nomination. Sorry.. it's obviously very different, not only in context, but in content.
Nor do I see how your third example is equivalent either. Obama telling his people to go out there and win an election is the same as Trump saying it's okay to mock a sexual assault victim if that means wining the Supreme Court position? You'll have to provide more context there in order for that to work.

You'll have to provide context all around, point of fact.

So, yeah... same old song and dance... different day. You trying to equate two dissimilar things in order to excuse President Trump. Basically every political post, a variation of this same argument. We all know your shtick now..over and over and over... we know, we know. You can't be convinced that your comparisons are forced and myopic... fine.

Trump won the election. You don't like his policies generally, go win in 2020, don't pull this "unfit for office" type of delegitimization.

Nobody's defending Trump's comments on Ford, not sure where that accusation is coming from. They're wrong, they're stupid, he shouldn't have said it. That's also different to whether or not Kavanaugh should have been confirmed to the court in the face of no substantial evidence, because of course he should have. Bad behavior on Trump's part personally doesn't negate the system process or working within it, that all played out by the books. Now I'm actually with you that Garland should have gotten through too, so I guess the argument on the left if going to be bad behavior by McConnell & Co back then justifies the Demoratic ****-show now. And I guess I see the logic there, whatever, they're going to do what they can do to block it. It failed, but I don't blame them for grasping at straws and trying, is what it is.

End of the day though, the "elections have consequences" thing holds. It did for Obama with the righties, it does now for Trump with the lefties. You'll have another chance in November to blunt him, and another one in two years to replace him. If it doesn't go your way though, maybe actually lead by example in accepting the legitimacy of the guy, after the (justified & warranted) critiques of the hardcore Tea Party guys not doing that for Obama. Getting down in the mud on their level isn't going to fix it.

The point, sole point, was that Obama's on record doing the gloat-y dance and the "**** you, I won, know your place" thing. That's not unique to Trump. Reagan did it to an extent, pretty sure Bubba in the early years too. Of course politics is about winning at the end of the day too, as far as senators & congresspeople, that's who these people are by nature. Let's not pretend that's solely a GOP problem, as long as term limits aren't a thing we're going to be dealing with this.

He is unfit for office... in more ways than one.

Again... this is what you do. "No one is defending him.. now let me just defend him for a second." Whatever. You just used a whole bunch of out-of-context Obama quotes to justify Trump's Kavanaugh quote on 60 minutes. Like I said in the political cartoons thread.. Kavanaugh shouldn't have gotten confirmed until he was actually investigated. Which he wasn't. The FBI investigation was purposely limited by the White House according to FBI Director Wray.

It's true that stealing Garland's seat justifies the Democrats playing hardball with Republican nominations too, but that wasn't the argument I was making here. That argument is in addition to the fact that he didn't get an actual investigation.

Obama's quote that elections matter is not the same as Trump saying it's okay that he mocked a sexual assault victim, because he won. Very different. In Trump's quote, he's saying that his bad behavior is justified because he won. That's not what is being said by Obama.

Again, your comparisons are forced and myopic. The context is completely different. Again, saying, "hey, you've got to respect that I won the election" is different than saying, "it's okay if I behave poorly, because it works." Very different things. You are, once again.. like always, trying to justify President Trump's behavior by bringing up Obama. This is your shtick, and I'd wager that 85% of your political posts are a variation of this argument. And then the inevitable rebuttal that you aren't really defending the President... you just want to point out that he's just as bad as every other president. Which is, of course, a round about way of defending the President. Almost. every. political. post. you. make.

Last edited:
He is unfit for office... in more ways than one.

Again... this is what you do. "No one is defending him.. now let me just defend him for a second." Whatever. You just used a whole bunch of out-of-context Obama quotes to justify Trump's Kavanaugh quote on 60 minutes. Like I said in the political cartoons thread.. Kavanaugh shouldn't have gotten confirmed until he was actually investigated. Which he wasn't. The FBI investigation was purposely limited by the White House according to FBI Director Wray.

It's true that stealing Garland's seat justifies the Democrats playing hardball with Republican nominations too, but that wasn't the argument I was making here. That argument is in addition to the fact that he didn't get an actual investigation.

Obama's quote that elections matter is not the same as Trump saying it's okay that he mocked a sexual assault victim, because he won. Very different. In Trump's quote, he's saying that his bad behavior is justified because he won. That's not what is being said by Obama.

Again, your comparisons are forced and myopic. The context is completely different. Again, saying, "hey, you've got to respect that I won the election" is different than saying, "it's okay if I behave poorly, because it works." Very different things. You are, once again.. like always, trying to justify President Trump's behavior by bringing up Obama. This is your shtick, and I'd wager that 85% of your political posts are a variation of this argument. And then the inevitable rebuttal that you aren't really defending the President... you just want to point out that he's just as bad as every other president. Which is, of course, a round about way of defending the President. Almost. every. political. post. you. make.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back