F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have serious doubts our country can ever recover from this mess. :(
We can recover from it provided this doesn't happen again. It may take a decade or more to fix the mess that Trump and the Republicans have created though.

We can recover from it provided this doesn't happen again. It may take a decade or more to fix the mess that Trump and the Republicans have created though.

I think his effect is much more insidious than people realize. Trump has given war mongers and corrupt businessmen a road map - don't apologize. Our discourse politic may truly never be the same. And how long will it take for someone worse to come into power? It's inevitable, isn't it? Part of me... a dark part... actually wants Trump to win big. Why? Because this stuff needs to be tried and failed. Otherwise, we're just gonna give it another go, aren't we? Conservatives have to learn a lesson that tax cuts do add to the deficit, that soft power does work; otherwise, they'll keep this crazy town stuff up.

Imagine if there is a blue wave in November, and Trump is right (cause he probably is) that the stock market will negatively react. They've built themselves up with 2 years of expectations, and when this house of cards falls, do you really think that the people will blame Trump? No way.. people will be out of work, poverty will rise, suicides will rise, and Republicans are going to scream at the top of their lungs, "See! Democrats don't know how to manage the economy. We told you so!!" And how long will that perception last? How do we know that this won't set up Republicans to be "great on the economy" for another 2 decades? And during that time, all the research we'll miss out on, and all these civil liberties rolled back, not to mention giving big business even more control over the government... which could, honest to God, be the dagger that does kill our democracy many many years down the road. Trump may be the death of this nation, long after he's left office.

I've read now more than a few anecdotes that texts are being sent out over text messaging for phones attacking Democrats and extolling Republicans. Just imagine if your phone was bombarded all day with political messages and ads. This might be the next battlefield for the Russians and Republicans to exploit beyond twitter and facebook.

I've read now more than a few anecdotes that texts are being sent out over text messaging for phones attacking Democrats and extolling Republicans. Just imagine if your phone was bombarded all day with political messages and ads. This might be the next battlefield for the Russians and Republicans to exploit beyond twitter and facebook.

I'd text spam them right back. I used to have an app for doing that. Few thousand texts in a few seconds will flood their phone. They want to annoy and pester me well I can play that game too.

If that doesnt work I'd just block the number. I do that anytime I get a 1-800 call.

I think his effect is much more insidious than people realize. Trump has given war mongers and corrupt businessmen a road map - don't apologize. Our discourse politic may truly never be the same. And how long will it take for someone worse to come into power? It's inevitable, isn't it? Part of me... a dark part... actually wants Trump to win big. Why? Because this stuff needs to be tried and failed. Otherwise, we're just gonna give it another go, aren't we? Conservatives have to learn a lesson that tax cuts do add to the deficit, that soft power does work; otherwise, they'll keep this crazy town stuff up.

Imagine if there is a blue wave in November, and Trump is right (cause he probably is) that the stock market will negatively react. They've built themselves up with 2 years of expectations, and when this house of cards falls, do you really think that the people will blame Trump? No way.. people will be out of work, poverty will rise, suicides will rise, and Republicans are going to scream at the top of their lungs, "See! Democrats don't know how to manage the economy. We told you so!!" And how long will that perception last? How do we know that this won't set up Republicans to be "great on the economy" for another 2 decades? And during that time, all the research we'll miss out on, and all these civil liberties rolled back, not to mention giving big business even more control over the government... which could, honest to God, be the dagger that does kill our democracy many many years down the road. Trump may be the death of this nation, long after he's left office.

Yeah, the problem is not so much Trump as what may come after Trump. We've seen that a significant chunk of this country is quite comfortable with rhetoric and policies that support white supremacy, suppression of the free press, dismissal of proven science and basic facts, unfettered power for corporations and rampant corruption at the highest levels of our nation's government. We could be looking at a series of "Trumps" in the future, and the next one may have the intelligence and the political skill to do damage to our country that can never be undone.

Yeah, the problem is not so much Trump as what may come after Trump. We've seen that a significant chunk of this country is quite comfortable with rhetoric and policies that support white supremacy, suppression of the free press, dismissal of proven science and basic facts, unfettered power for corporations and rampant corruption at the highest levels of our nation's government. We could be looking at a series of "Trumps" in the future, and the next one may have the intelligence and the political skill to do damage to our country that can never be undone.

Trump is a symptom, what the GOP has been since the late 60s is the disease.

Trump has unmasked all the false polite assumptions about the GOP. I used to give them the benefit of the doubt, but their whole ideology is based on lies and contradictions. They were never about small government, huge government is fine if used against people they do not like and they want to an over class that dominates others, rather then promote freedom and equality.

Trump is the logical conclusion to what the GOP has been building towards for decades.

Agree with Zarex and Overlord 110%, that’s why I’m prepared to flee to Toronto depending on what happens in 2020. One of my nicknames for Dump is “The Faux News Pissident.” In an interview an ex Neo Nazi basically called Fox “Nazi TV” since the same filth Fox propagates to its viewers is the same Neo Nazis would peddle to people in order to recruit them. This is also why some Trump supporters have no idea they have Nazi ideology, they don’t recognize that it’s been fed to them for years on Fox.

Last edited:
Trump is a symptom, what the GOP has been since the late 60s is the disease.

Trump has unmasked all the false polite assumptions about the GOP. I used to give them the benefit of the doubt, but their whole ideology is based on lies and contradictions. They were never about small government, huge government is fine if used against people they do not like and they want to an over class that dominates others, rather then promote freedom and equality.

Trump is the logical conclusion to what the GOP has been building towards for decades.

Exactly. Ever since the Southern strategy to alienate and divide half the country, Republicans have been playing into every dog whistle they can, while hiding behind "fiscal conservatism".

Democrats need to do a better job at branding. They need to push back on this lie that the economy is strong because of Cheetoh. Just like the lottery ticket he was born into, he inherited a growing economy. And eventually all these billionaire tax cuts and tariff wars are going to cost us. Unfortunately I think he won't be around when it happens (which is a good thing) but if it's a Democratic President, then that person will surely get the blame.

Last edited:

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the same person who mailed something to Soros.

Of course this is all some elaborate false flag operation right?

Hannity and his ilk would call for a lynch mob if any his pals got an envelope that had a misspelled name.

Seems very possible that it's the same person or group that sent the Soros bomb. It's great that authorities were able to get both packages without detonating them. That should hopefully help in finding the makers.

Looks like they sent one to Obama’s office as well.

But like mass shootings, if it’s a white guy, it’s just a lone wolf and doesn’t reflect an entire group.

Looks like they sent one to Obama’s office as well.

But like mass shootings, if it’s a white guy, it’s just a lone wolf and doesn’t reflect an entire group.

Not saying I don't believe you, but you got a link to this story?

Don't worry folks. At least this isn't the mob violence of people yelling at Congressmen at restaurants.

Democrats need to push against this as well. We have STATISTICS which show right-wingers commit the most domestic terrorist attacks. And that’s not even mentioning all of the white supremacist hate crimes yet. If the reich wing truly wants to play this game, we could make them easily look like utter MONSTERS if the Dems had the balls to do it.

Democrats need to push against this as well. We have STATISTICS which show right-wingers commit the most domestic terrorist attacks. And that’s not even mentioning all of the white supremacist hate crimes yet. If the reich wing truly wants to play this game, we could make them easily look like utter MONSTERS if the Dems had the balls to do it.

It's just get into "but both sides do it" argument... like everything else these days. The conservative movement has shifted into a dangerous counter culture group... but they shovel out the "liberals are just as bad" rhetoric, and everyone buys it. It's like half the country is hypnotized, and there's nothing you can do to break through.

It's just get into "but both sides do it" argument... like everything else these days. The conservative movement has shifted into a dangerous counter culture group... but they shovel out the "liberals are just as bad" rhetoric, and everyone buys it. It's like half the country is hypnotized, and there's nothing you can do to break through.

Both sides don’t have even close to the same number of terrorist attacks. I think I read somewhere right wing committed like 45 over a certain time period whereas the left committed like 5. That’s a huge difference. That’s a difference between there’s some lone leftists whereas there’s a very real and dangerous number of reich wing psychopaths.

That sounds great and all, but what EXACTLY would Dems need to do? We have statistics? Irrelevant. Showing people statistics has done nothing to change minds. The right already looks like monsters, and people don't care. What exactly are they supposed to do?

That sounds great and all, but what EXACTLY would Dems need to do? We have statistics? Irrelevant. Showing people statistics has done nothing to change minds. The right already looks like monsters, and people don't care. What exactly are they supposed to do?

The right can’t change, they don’t care and never will - it’s not about going after the reich wingers. It’s about going to the Independents.

To expand upon the above - it’s not about swaying the reich to view themselves as monsters, it’s about getting real data out there to combat their narrative for the Independents.

This clip really highlights how debates work, it’s not to sway the opposition - it’s everyone else.

They say we’re a mob with no statistical evidence to back it up. We can say many of them are terrorists and we do have the data for it. We flip the violence debate to one focused on them and they don’t have statistics that show they don’t commit the most domestic terrorist attacks. Thus every push back against it can easily be refuted with facts - turning the middle further and further away from them.

Dems need to start fighting fire with fire rather than bringing a nurf gun to a gunfight. They’re fighting with all manners of weapons and we still have kid gloves on. That’s why we lose.

I hate to say, but these package explosives - we could really USE this to show and make this point. However, I am betting Dems let it fade - Reps wouldn’t, they’d be using it for YEARS.

Last edited:
It's quickly falling under the "if people aren't convinced yet, then they never will be" category. This country is under a spell; I don't know if anything can break it.

It's quickly falling under the "if people aren't convinced yet, then they never will be" category. This country is under a spell; I don't know if anything can break it.

That’s because people are focused on the WRONG people.

People expect Trump supporters or basically Confederates to change. They never do. They’re the same psychos they were during the days of slavery.

One needs to stop hoping they change and instead - focus on the unaffiliated/middle/Independents. There are way more non voters and unaffiliated than there are Trump supporters.

We need to stop reaching across the aisle - they never do - and reach into the middle instead. Across the aisle will always be a losing battle.

That’s because people are focused on the WRONG people.

People expect Trump supporters or basically Confederates to change. They never do. They’re the same psychos they were during the days of slavery.

One needs to stop hoping they change and instead - focus on the unaffiliated/middle/Independents. There are way more non voters and unaffiliated than there are Trump supporters.

How are Dems not focusing on Independents exactly?

Another one was just found to have been sent to the White House, linked to the others.

And possibly to CNN, based on the fire alarm going off.

How are Dems not focusing on Independents exactly?

For starters they’re letting the right run wild with their “they’re a violent mob” narrative. They’re using kid gloves against a real threat. They’re so used to being politically correct that they don’t know how to actually combat the narrative.

All Dems are doing is saying “no we’re not” rather than flipping the script.

We can more than easily flip it - ESPECIALLY now - to one being about right wing TERRORISM.

Everyone can watch though. In less than a month these bomb scares will be gone and not even talked. Republicans would hold onto it for years. It’ll illustrate why Dems lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"