F'dup Chapters in American History (The Trump Years) --- Part 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they fire the guy overseeing their blistering attack ads with months to go in the election, and if any of "us" push for them to do so, they/we are impractical idiots.
No, they already did it. This morning. I didn't know about it until I posted about it, but yeah happened earlier today.

As off-putting as I find Rick Wilson's earlier Islamophobic tweets, what good is it really serving to dredge this up now, in the middle of an election where his group is attacking Trump far more incisively and effectively than Democrats have ever been able to do?

Bashing The Lincoln Project now is foolish.

Let them run their vicious attack ads against Trump, let them do our dirty work that frankly we don’t have the stomach for anyway, let them tear Trump apart while Biden and even his campaign get to stay above the fray and appear statesmanlike, and then after the election......is the time for them not to be our friends.

But for now, the enemy of our enemy is our friend.

Save your salvos until they’ve done our dirty work for us and helped take down Trump, and then when we don’t need their “help” anymore, then lay out why they’re the enemy too. Not before.

Just be aware of who your allies are.

They're not "allies", they're a useful proxy that can do the dirty work and let Biden stay above the fray and look like the statesman. It doesn't mean we have to be friends the day after the election.

And I think the point is who they are directing their message to, it doesn't matter what criticism they get from the left. No one from the left should be donating to them.

Why would anyone decent create a group and then align with the likes of Rick Wilson?

I mean it's just amazing how this just pops up with them...

Had to ditch link, but one of their video editors enjoyed saying choice words about women on the internet. I know, shocking.
I never said they were all decent or that we should trust them. But Lincoln Project member, Stuart Stevens seems to actually be a reformed Republican deplorable based on the synopsis of his new book:
It Was All a Lie by Stuart Stevens: 9780525658450 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books
The entire thesis of which is that Trump is not an aberation, but the culmination of 50 years of natural trends in the Republican party. There is no way they are letting him back in after Trump is gone.

I never said they were all decent or that we should trust them. But Lincoln Project member, Stuart Stevens seems to actually be a reformed Republican deplorable based on the synopsis of his new book:
It Was All a Lie by Stuart Stevens: 9780525658450 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books
The entire thesis of which is that Trump is not an aberation, but the culmination of 50 years of natural trends in the Republican party. There is no way they are letting him back in after Trump is gone.
Is he still a Republican?

I don't know, but I know Steve Schmidt left the party in 2018 and he disagrees with Trump/Pence on several policy points like gay rights and the Middle East.
Is Gays for Trump still a thing?

As off-putting as I find Rick Wilson's earlier Islamophobic tweets, what good is it really serving to dredge this up now, in the middle of an election where his group is attacking Trump far more incisively and effectively than Democrats have ever been able to do?
It's not really dredging it up when they've always been like this. It's a reminder of who these dudes are because their target audience (Dems/celebrities who retweet their videos) is falling for it. People who hate the Trump administration are being deceived by Republican grifters who share his values and support his policies. The Lincoln Project hates Trump because he says the quiet part out loud. Just don't let the well-made videos fool you.

I don't know, but I know Steve Schmidt left the party in 2018 and he disagrees with Trump/Pence on several policy points like gay rights and the Middle East.
Steve Schmidt... I know him.

MZ9tCJQ.gif

Schmidt's a grifter, who is responsible for helping normalizing someone like Trump with his 2008 stunt. Remember Howard Schultz? The dude is in it for the money.

It's too early to say who sticks with the Democrats after Trump is defeated and who goes groveling toward the next new great griftma$ter.

The Democrats have always absorbed ex-Republicans and the Republicans have absorbed ex-Democrats over the past decades.

Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren used to be Republicans.

It's not really dredging it up when they've always been like this. It's a reminder of who these dudes are because their target audience (Dems/celebrities who retweet their videos) is falling for it. People who hate the Trump administration are being deceived by Republican grifters who share his values and support his policies. The Lincoln Project hates Trump because he says the quiet part out loud. Just don't let the well-made videos fool you.

I know who they are. And I'm saying, pragmatically, we should treat them like a useful asset until Trump is gone.

I know who they are. And I'm saying, pragmatically, we should treat them like a useful asset until Trump is gone.
Just so I am clear, I don't think anyone disagrees with this. But I fundamentally disagree at presenting them as anything then what they are and have always been. I don't think they are a bunch of reformed allies. I think they are grifters, who have apparently found a very lucrative grift. But that is what it is.

As Sithborg pointed out, who they are theoretically targeting doesn't really matter if members of the left criticize them. If anything that enhances their position. What I have issues with is the attempt to make them look like proper allies, the way some on MSNBC have done. They had a talking head on there talking about how they never donate, but they donated to them. To me that is the kind of stuff that "defangs" them for an audience who might not know much about them other then they attack Trump. but those people are most likely already voting against Trump anyways. The people they theoretically need to win over to help against Trump probably aren't regular MSNBC viewers.

Colbert, who has been anti-Trump from the start, had an incredible takedown of the Lincoln Project by way of animated interview. Nice to see someone point out the monsters who run that. Sure, it's nice to dunk on Trump, but they are monsters as well.

Yeah I'll admit I was over looking they're republicans in the end. The ads they make are just beyond perfect, can't help but like em. But I'm snapping back to reality now. They attack Trump now. But when a more "normal" candidate for the GOP comes a long in 2024. They'll shift to tearing down Biden I'm sure.

When I heard that the first time I assumed he was trying to do a bit of a play on words, where he was trying to say that Biden cares about China and other countries more then the US. But nope.

So Biden didn't know enough to ask for most favored nation status from his own administration? If he's that dumb, maybe he had already lost it. I mean, why was he impeding the US from trading with itself?? :whatever:

Is that REALLY what he was saying. I swear to god, it's hard to tell WTF he's trying to say these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"