The Dark Knight Rises Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

pray tell....please elaborate..
what specifically [in your opinion] is;

"...the point of the whole trilogy and what Nolan has been saying for the last four years"

*sigh...

Alright, Nolan's trilogy is about Batman being more than just a man. Bruce Wayne made Batman into a symbol, an idea, a legend. Something that powerful can never be defeated or destroyed, it will live on forever and it will never die. With the end Nolan is telling us that anyone can be Batman. Anyone can be that symbol of a hero just as long as they have the will to do so. In this sense Nolan's Batman has a lot in common with another great comic book character.

This is also not my opinion, it's a fact. A fact that can be see though the whole trilogy and a fact that was proven just a few days ago by Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

What has Nolan been saying for the last four years?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies...rk-knight-rises-cover-story-batman/56347952/1

People expect a new Batman with Blake because we've all had to sit through countless endings like in Alien vs. Predator that go for the cheap set up for a sequel.

People expect a new Batman with Blake because we've all had to sit through countless endings like in Alien vs. Predator that go for the cheap set up for a sequel.

That difference is that Nolan directed this film. People need to know their directors.

I just love how TDKR is really able to get that sense of desperation and hopelessness in there. .

Did it? I was never worried about Gotham the way I was when I watched TDK. We never got to see the reaction of the people to anything Bane did, I honestly never cared about the rest of Gotham the way I did during the Hospital scene or even the ferry scene in The Dark Knight. Like many have said, there should definitely have been more scenes showing how the people reacted to the siege and Much, MUCH less John Blake.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I love how that's the only part of my post you commnted on.

Don't test me son, I know my Batman. Now step off fool.

you're kidding right? you want a medal?

"dont test me son"? - what are we in high school?

"I know my Batman"? - surely you jest?

you really want an internet war on who's King of Batman? c'mon...

"step off fool"? - why the insult?

look....

I just got back from work, and the last thing I want to do is be mistaken for a troll. As a matter of fact, I read your entire post, there are things I agree with, and a few I disagree with but I decided to read the article you linked to before responding.

Half way through, I gave up. I like long posts, even long articles, but tonight's not the night.

so rather than end the night on a low note, I throw a little humor back at you and you respond with this childish vitriol?

how about this...

YOU WIN.

You are the greatest Batman Fan ever okay? just don't call people "son" or "fool" when you don't know them.

it comes off as insulting, and more than a little rude.

:sbr:

maybe you were joking, maybe I misread the tone of your last post.
feel free to correct me If I'm wrong, but I'm not here to pick a fight with you.

"I've got better plans"

Did it? I was never worried about Gotham the way I was when I watched TDK. We never got to see the reaction of the people to anything Bane did, I honestly never cared about the rest of Gotham the way I did during the Hospital scene or even the ferry scene in The Dark Knight. Like many have said, there should definitely have been more scenes showing how the people reacted to the siege and Much, MUCH less John Blake.

Couldn't agree more :up:

you're kidding right? you want a medal?

"dont test me son"? - what are we in high school?

"I know my Batman"? - surely you jest?

you really want an internet war on who's King of Batman? c'mon...

"step off fool"? - why the insult?

look....

I just got back from work, and the last thing I want to do is be mistaken for a troll. As a matter of fact, I read your entire post, there are things I agree with, and a few I disagree with but I decided to read the article you linked to before responding.

Half way through, I gave up. I like long posts, even long articles, but tonight's not the night.

so rather than end the night on a low note, I throw a little humor back at you and you respond with this childish vitriol?

how about this...

YOU WIN.

You are the greatest Batman Fan ever okay? just don't call people "son" or "fool" when you don't know them.

it comes off as insulting, and more than a little rude.

:sbr:

maybe you were joking, maybe I misread the tone of your last post.
feel free to correct me If I'm wrong, but I'm not here to pick a fight with you.

"I've got better plans"

Wow, that went right over your head didn't it? The way I responded was based on what you wrote. Go though my posts, I never talk like that. You called me out like we were in high school... like I was full of myself and didn't know anything:

pray tell....please elaborate..
what specifically [in your opinion] is;

"...the point of the whole trilogy and what Nolan has been saying for the last four years"

So this was your internet war my friend. :cwink:

All of the above. I can't really decide. They seem rather equal when I try to pinpoint the pros and cons. It's usually easy to pick one with trilogies. Even the greatest of trilogies has one that stands above the rest. Every time I think "maybe this one", I remember one of the others had something else going for it. I've just accepted to appreciate all 3 as a whole.

Last edited:
Begins for me BUT i do love all 3 films. i just like the story telling about Bruce his origins. im a story guy lol

I see TDK is catching up to TDKR.

Balance shall be restored.

:woot:

I see TDK is catching up to TDKR.

Balance shall be restored.

:woot:

Both have left Begins for dust though, I thought it would be slightly more equal across the board to be honest but TDK and TDKR seem to be much more popular.

All of the above. I can't really decide. They seem rather equal when I try to pinpoint the pros and cons. It's usually easy to pick one with trilogies. Even the greatest of trilogies has one that stands above the rest. Every time I think "maybe this one", I remember one of the others had something else going for it. I've just accepted to appreciate all 3 as a whole.

:up:You sir, understand.

Its a great moment when you reach this epiphany.

Last edited:
As a whole TDKR is easily the best of the three, (but that's just my foolish opinion :yay:) Endings are tough and usually fail. Not TDKR.

But I think TDK will take the lead when all is said and done.

Which is fine. It's win/win/win for all of us.

A great trilogy...three strong links of chain.

The Dark Knight Rises is currently in the lead with 101 Votes.

....wat :doh:

Or perhaps they just prefer it to the other two!!

Good post.

That's exactly what I was saying.

So if I throw an LOL or a smiley face on something, then everything is okay?

Riiiight.

:whatever:

Good lord man... relax and take a pill or something. Not everything has to be serious.

Or perhaps they just prefer it to the other two!!

Indeed.

Both have left Begins for dust though, I thought it would be slightly more equal across the board to be honest but TDK and TDKR seem to be much more popular.

Which is a shame because Begins is way better than TDKR, IMO.

Begins was always a rather sizable disappointment to me.

The script IS extremely strong - perhaps even better than both TDK and TDKR - but Nolan, at at point in career, seems to lack the technical skill to properly execute the tremendous scope and vison portrayed in the screenplay.

He could've captured the gritty urban gothicism of Year One, with a grandeur and journey aspect of Lord of the Rings or something like that.

Honestly, I think BB would've been much better if it had been made after Nolan had a chance to see movies like Transformers - as those types of action films really seemed to inspire him to expand and enlarge the scope and vision of his films.

He could've captured the gritty urban gothicism of Year One, with a grandeur and journey aspect of Lord of the Rings or something like that.
I thought he very much accomplished that in BEGINS. Story wise, and even cinematography wise.

BB=TDK=TDKR= Greatest trilogy of all time (In my obviously bat-biased opinion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"