The Dark Knight Rises Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

Definitely BB. It has the most emotional impact on me. TDK is too muddled, and TDKR was entertaining, but sloppy.

I'm not completely hot about that aspect, either.

I still haven't decided what I think of the ending on the [BLACKOUT]Blake side[/BLACKOUT] of things, though I liked how they ended it with [BLACKOUT]Bruce[/BLACKOUT]. I thought the [BLACKOUT]Robin reference[/BLACKOUT] was lame. But as a fan of [BLACKOUT]Batman Beyond[/BLACKOUT] who can see elements of that story in TDKR... I'm a bit torn. Time will tell. First I need to see it again.

It just felt completely unnecessary to me. No need for the [BLACKOUT]Robin[/BLACKOUT] reference, other than to excite [BLACKOUT]Robin fans[/BLACKOUT].

Blake receiving the coordinates, then heading towards the waterfall as John Blake, would have left me much happier. It would have instilled a sense that it's "Batman" that continues on, and not the possibility of Robin instead. The other thought behind the Robin reference, is that Blake respects Bruce and "Batman" too much to simply replace him, so he'll take on his own entity as "Robin", and that put a horrible taste in my mouth as a way to end this franchise.

Last edited:
It just felt completely unnecessary to me. No need for the [BLACKOUT]Robin[/BLACKOUT] reference, other than to excite [BLACKOUT]Robin fans[/BLACKOUT].

Blake receiving the coordinates, then heading towards the waterfall as John Blake, would have left me much happier. It would have instilled a sense that it's "Batman" that continues on, and not the possibility of Robin instead. The other thought behind the Robin reference, is that Blake respects Bruce and "Batman" too much to simply replace him, so he'll take on his own entity as "Robin", and that put a horrible taste in my mouth as a way to end this franchise.

I agree with you on that. Time will tell how much it affects my view of the film, but overall I was pleased with the story and how Bruce's story in particular was wrapped up. That and all the Knightfall stuff was incredible. John Blake did feel like a bit of an unnecessary character to me... for me his most important scene was his first one with Bruce. That was good stuff.

But yeah, I can understand how that ending would sour the film for you Yurka, though I'm bummed to hear that.

I wonder if 6 months from now people will still be calling Dark Knight Rises the best movie. It seems like fans are letting hype get the best of them.

I wonder if 6 months from now people will still be calling Dark Knight Rises the best movie. It seems like fans are letting hype get the best of them.

Not really. Their called opinions, my friend. Don't try to use the 'hype' or 'Nolanite' card to justify the positive reviews.

I feel that, in time, I might change my mind, but The Dark Knight remains my favorite. I feel that, while Batman Begins was a great introduction and The Dark Knight Rises an epic ensemble finale with one of my favorite characters in the series (Catwoman), TDK remains the best written, most intense, and has that edge-of-your-seat quality that keeps you guessing the whole way. With BB and TDKR I predicted the whole movie in the first ten or fifteen minutes.

Plus, the Joker is a fantastic villain.

Tough choice I love Dark Knight and BB is ok to me not a bad movie but maybe after a second viewing of TDKR I will be able to make up my mind.

The Dark Knight

I still don't know which one is better between BB and TDKR is better.

Having yet to see TDKR (going in about an hour) I'll have to say TDK because not even the stuffy "Seinfeld" shirt wearing ACADEMY could deny Heath Ledger's powerhouse Joker performance.

The Dark Knight is still head and shoulders above the other two for me. As close to a perfect Batman movie that we've gotten, IMO.

Curious about your opinion on the other two, Joker... what wins for you out of BB/TDKR?

Watched BB and TDK yesterday, and TDKR today. Really love them all but there is no doubt... TDK is simply the most well written Batman film we've ever gotten.

TDKR without hesitation.

Brutal, Epic, Dramatic, Heart Breaking, Uplifting, Exhilirating, Fun. I can go on and on and on, but these are just some words to describe the film. So many things to talk about, but I don't even know where to begin.

I attended AMC's Dark Knight Trilogy marathon. Watching the three movies in a row puts a lot in perspective. That's why I didn't find Bane all that impressive. Heath Ledger's Joker and Liam Neeson's Ra's al Ghul are a lot better.
To be fair you were probably worn out. Maybe you should watch each movie one day at time.

Opinions can change. Fanboys know that better than anyone else.
Kind of like the way I felt about the Dark Knight when it came out. I thought is was the best Batman/ Superhero movie ever. Then in a few days ago I watch Beigins and The Dark Knight all over again. And guess what happen? I like Begins so much more than the Dark Knight. I can watch Begins from start to finish but can't with TDK. TDK is kind of overated.

Watched BB and TDK yesterday, and TDKR today.

When you watch all three movies in a row, it's quite obvious which is the better one.

To be fair you were probably worn out. Maybe you should watch each movie one day at time.

We had an hour break in-between each film. I'll definitely re-watch Dark Knight Rises, but I'll probably still consider it a weak film. It has a lot of flaws you can't overlook. Although it seems like most fans are overlooking them - for now anyway.

The Dark Knight, by a wide margin.

When you watch all three movies in a row, it's quite obvious which is the better one.

We had an hour break in-between each film. I'll definitely re-watch Dark Knight Rises, but I'll probably still consider it a weak film. It has a lot of flaws you can't overlook. Although it seems like most fans are overlooking them - for now anyway.
I don’t know. Maybe people like to nit pic the **** out of everything.
The Dark Knight is my least fav of the three. But I consider it to be flawless but that does not mean I enjoy it the most.

By the way a hour break is not a long time. A whole day would be better. I don't like the idea of a marathon because instead of enjoying the new movie, people would be too focus on comparing it to the previous two

Last edited:
As an in-general film? The Dark Knight for me, no doubt. But as a Batfilm, I'm going with Batman Begins. It screams Batman for me. The Dark Knight Rises approaches that point really close, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"