The Dark Knight Rises Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

The Dark Knight

EDIT: Wow, I'm surprised to see Rises winning after all of the posters voicing their disappointment. Come on people, if you loved Rises then speak up.

It's hard for me to say, but I think The Dark Knight remains my favourite at the moment.

Batman Begins is the best "batman" film...

TDK is the best film of the series.. batman just takes a minor backseat to the joker and all the crime politics.

It's simple: we, uh, choose the Batman that has the best acting, fight scene and ending. Not to mention best plot that doesn't bloooow things out of proportion.

Going with TDKR. Would not have said so after seeing it the first time But after the second viewing I really appreciated it and teared up at the end. Don't find the beginning sloppy or dragging either. Loved the very different tone of it. :)

TDK is the best one still. Then BB. Then TDKR in final place.

For now:

1. TDK (10/10)

2. BB (9/10)

3. TDKR (8 to 8.5/10)

I've only watched TDKR once as of today, and still digesting things in my mind, so my assessment may change later. I plan on seeing it at least once more in theaters and I WILL get the Blu-ray, regardless. But there is a lot in TDKR that either rubbed me the wrong way or just fell flat, as much as that pains me to say.

TDK and BB are perfect 10's to me.

TDKR the first time I saw it was an 8 out of 10...second time it switched to either an 8.5/9....which I never thought I would say. To me again, a lot of my problems are with John Blake.

I'll have to watch TDKR again but as of now:

TDKR
BB
TDK

TDK and BB are perfect 10's to me.

TDKR the first time I saw it was an 8 out of 10...second time it switched to either an 8.5/9....which I never thought I would say. To me again, a lot of my problems are with John Blake.

All of my problems with the film are Blake related too. But that's not saying much because I only have one problem (plus I adored Blake's character ;)).
The problem I have is how easily he deduced Bruce was Batman. He knew it from his facial expression? Sort of a stretch.
Other than that the movie was the best Batman-related experience of my entire life.

TDK for me. I personally don't think it can be topped.

EDIT: My ranking would have to be TDK, BB, then TDKR. I love each of them though.

Last edited:
The best "film" is The Dark Knight.

My personal favorite is Batman Begins.

For now...

BB
TDK
TDKR

I'd definitely have to say "Batman Begins" simply because Nolan did a good job with Wayne's origin story.

Last edited:
I liked them all. I felt Rises was maybe the most watchable. And just aesthetically there was a certain richness to it that I really liked.

Last edited:
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

They're all very close and top each other in certain areas, but that's my ranking.

Dark Knight Rises
Dark Knight
Batman Begins

Loved all of them and together they make the (for me at least) perfect movie trilogy. Loved TDKR the most, after 2 viewings. Will go for a third time tuesday and more to come after that.

I liked it more than the other two, just because it was so much more emotional for me personally. Watching Begins, I had goosebumps. Watching Dark Knight, I was mesmerized by the plot and the back and forth between Joker and Batman. I even bought that Gordon died and was tearing up. But none of that compares to me watching Rises. In Rises I feared for everyone involved. It was easily the movie that most affected me in my whole life. Sure, there are maybe better movies out there, but since my connection to the characters is so deep because of me being a fan for more than 20 years, I was never this moved by any movie ever. I squirmed in my seat while the Bane fight was going on, felt great excitement at Batman return and his rise, had to cry at every Alfred/Bruce scene and at the ending and feared for every character, all the time. I really thought that every scene with so and so could be the last we would see of him/her. I was really scared of Bane, more scared than I ever was by any movie villain. The fight scenes were the best of the trilogy, Batman was the most badass in all three movies here, utilizing more ninja tactics and gadgets as ever before and I didn't even talked about the ending. Oh, the ending. Sadness, happiness and tears streaming down my face. Even if upon repeated viewings Dark Knight should be the better crafted movie, or better plotted or whatever... Rises will forever be my favorite Batman movie, because of the emotions it made me feel. I don't care about so called "plotholes", because any movie has those. For me Rises was the best time I had at the movies ever. I went in with such high expectations, after waiting for the movie since 4 years (in some ways my whole life) and it still topped my imagination. For me and the people I have seen it with (sister, girlfriend), clearly the best of the three.

Last edited:
TDKR!

The last act was amazing and wins the race for me.

From the burning Batman symbol on the building to the last shot of the film, TDKR just moves.

A good ending trumps everything.

Last edited:
TDKR.

It really felt like Bane had the most screentime out of all the villains in the trilogy. The places Bruce's character went in this movie were excellent, as was Selina Kyle. Reviews I had skimmed prior to the film said that the beginning was a jumbled, helter-skelter mess. However it seemed pretty tightly woven to me. My quibbles with TDKR are the lack of many scenes in Bane's Gotham and bringing back the LOS. However, the way Hardy played Bane, Bruces journey and
Ra's Al Ghul's return
were able to make up for those shortcomings.

After having viewed BB and TDK back-to-back, I find them to be on the same level. I enjoyed watching Joker's mayhem just as much as I enjoyed seeing Bruce discover himself and train with the League of Shadows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"