"Feel the Bern": The BERNIE SANDERS Thread - Part 2

Marvolo said:
Bernie lost a superdelgate and Hillary gained one.

Ill be surprised if the other 39 dont leave him and go to Hillary before the convention.

In the morning there will be a Sanders rant about how unconstitutional superdelegates are.

By tomorrow evening there will be an interview with Sanders and/or that crazy campaign manager of his who has been making rounds on talk shows defending the people in Nevada saying how Bernie is going to get the superdelegates to overturn the popular vote at the convention.

This campaign has lost its grasp on reality and contradicts itself by the moment.

If Bernie were still running with the intent to spite the party, he'd probably jump to the Independent ticket knowing how badly it'd hurt Clinton in the general. I believe he's already ruled out an Independent run. I think he's a dyed in the wool believer in what he's preaching.

If Bernie were still running with the intent to spite the party, he'd probably jump to the Independent ticket knowing how badly it'd hurt Clinton in the general. I believe he's already ruled out an Independent run. I think he's a dyed in the wool believer in what he's preaching.

Its too late to get on the ballot as an independent in most states. In fact, a lot of states, such as Pennsylvania (if I'm not mistaken), require you to register to run as an independent prior to the primaries as a way to safeguard against sore losers running out of spite.

I do have to point out. Bernie promised not to run a negative campaign against Hillary. As of now he is constantly negative towards her. Hillary actually turned out to have the less negative campaign. She directs her attacks at the republicans, while Bernie directs his attacks against Hillary.

We're a soundbite nation. That's how the majority like to get their politics. Nothing grabs an ear like the sound of a verbal thrashing. What Bernie set out to do was admiral, if unrealistic. I never bought into his promises in regards to his campaign not being negative, but I gave him points for trying and wouldn't have held it against him if he resorted to doing what he needed to win.

Honestly, I'd have respected him a lot more if he ran this campaign from the beginning. Instead of using surrogates and indirect negativity to rile up his supporters, just own what he is. Instead he tried to have it both ways. He tried to be this paragon of integrity (which was clearly an act) while also going negative through indirect means. It was pretty cowardly and deceptive, all things considered.

Sanders has two paths he could have taken.

Lose with respect and dignity...or...scorch the earth while losing.

What part of Feel the Bern do you guys not get? He's Berning the place down.

And replacing it with what? He's not going to get the nomination. So at this point all he's doing is screwing everything up for everyone else.

and let the other side roll social progress back 50 years

Id like to not fear being hung from a tree for being black

because if someone like Trump is in charge, thats not far off

Trump loves black people. And Mexicans - I mean, Hispanics. He said so himself.

I think he still hates Muslims though.

[YT]EAR5Nj_syVM[/YT]

I'll go with scorched earth. When you're in his place with only 6 million left in your campaign finances - attacking your party chair seems like a bad idea.

edit: Most all of them love money and don't discriminate where that's concerned - be it Trump with his taco bowl, Hillary with her handy hotsauce. I'll say this - I don't agree with him on everything, but Bernie came across as the most genuine when you're looking at candidates that believe in what they're saying.

Last edited:
I'm honestly happy to hear he's made peace with Boxer. But he needs to wind it down after California, endorse Hillary, and not contest this thing. It's over.

Bernie Sanders Says Debbie Wasserman Schultz Will Be Gone From DNC If He’s President[

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) went all in on Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), the head of the Democratic National Committee, on Saturday, saying he supports a primary challenger in her re-election bid for her House seat and would remove her from the DNC if elected president.

Sanders has repeatedly accused the DNC, which is neutral in the Democratic primary, of favoring his rival, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

He told CNN’s Jake Tapper he “clearly” favors the DNC head’s opponent, law professor Tim Canova.

“His views are much closer to mine than Wasserman Schultz’s,” the senator said in an interview that will air Sunday on “State of the Union.”

Advertisement

“With all due respect to the current chairperson, if elected president, she would not be reappointed to be chair of the DNC.”

Wasserman Schultz criticized Sanders this week after his supporters unleashed brutal sexist attacks on the head of the Nevada Democratic party.

Jeff Weaver, Sanders’ campaign manager, said this week that Wasserman Schultz has been “throwing shade” on Sanders’ campaign for a long time. Sanders also sued the DNC after it claimed he improperly accessed voter data and blocked his access to a database, but he dropped the suit in April.

In March, President Barack Obama endorsed Wasserman Schultz, whose term ends in January next year. He had nominated her in 2011.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/bernie-sanders-debbie-wasserman-schultz_us_5740c0cee4b045cc9a713056

Mod Note: Please do not use the word "******" in a derogatory manner.

Can a president fire a party chairman? Doesnt the party decide who the chairman is? Not just the president.

Not that this matters, because Sanders isnt going to be president...ever. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude needs to just quit, it's over. Like Matt said he tried to have his cake and eat it too. I voted for Sanders and would've loved to have him in the White House to shake things up but we need to focus on beating Trump now so he needs to knock it off.

Also, sidenote, Reddit really hates Clinton. It's pretty crazy. If you go to r/politics damn near every article posted is negative towards Hillary.

Dude needs to just quit, it's over. Like Matt said he tried to have his cake and eat it too. I voted for Sanders and would've loved to have him in the White House to shake things up but we need to focus on beating Trump now so he needs to knock it off.

Also, sidenote, Reddit really hates Clinton. It's pretty crazy. If you go to r/politics damn near every article posted is negative towards Hillary.

R/politics is an absolute cesspool, and has just become a Pro-Bernie, Anti-Hillary echo chamber. Go to r/politicaldiscussion if you want some semblance of intelligent dialogue.

Reddit is the sticky floor of the crap movie theater that is the internet

I doubt any sort of "intelligent" dialogue happens there outside of AMAs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"