Feige on Fox/Disney Deal

I think, if anything, putting all three into one movie might be too much, not too little.

There will obviously be other characters involved and we need to learn who Wolverine and Wendigo are (and what their motivations are and who they're working for/with/against).

The key to me is a film that features Hulk, Wendigo and Wolverine will have a very interesting show-down that will show us a Wolverine unlike anything we've seen before.

I'm sick of seeing a watered-down Wolverine fighting soldiers, martial artists and other characters who don't provide a real challenge. I want to see him go up against a real-opponent, like Hulk, so we can see the kind of bad-ass character we know from the comic-books on the big screen.

Seeing those two really going at it without holding anything back will be absolutely amazing if done right.:hmr:

Obviously the film is going to be more than a throw down in the Canadian woods, but I don't think you have to get all that complicated.

Bruce is framed for a tragedy he didn't commit, Alpha Flight tries (and fails) to bring him in and Logan is guilted into subbing in for his former teammates. Hulk and Wolvie have a knock-down drag-out, they find out that they've both been set up by the REAL villain (The Leader?) and combine forces to take him down. Easy, Peezy, Lemon Squeazy.

Still too simplistic and i would rather Marvel not waste 1/3 yearly slots for something like that.

Still too simplistic and i would rather Marvel not waste 1/3 yearly slots for something like that.

Dude, it is not the job of a poster on SHH to write you a concept movie that you're satisfied with :whatever:

We can include these base ideas into many ideas. It's not us who seem to lack imagination, it is you. If you expect me or someone else to basically write you a friggin movie right now. Further, several MCU movies have been pretty simple.

I know I'll never get this but I dreamed up a weapon x movie that was basically a survival/horror/suspense monster movie. It's based on the weapon x story. It's set solely in the weapon x facility like the comic, Wolverine is basically the monster of the movie(think predator, or a quiet place). The perspective is from a weapon x strike team and professor Cornelius at first and as the movie progresses and more team members are killed off the perspective changes to more to logans until the end of the movie he's escaped from the facility. Wolverine is in savage feral mode the whole movie, it's perfect because he's unstoppable beast that you cannot kill. You can reveal in flashbacks how they tortured him and tested him like a weapon. And I'd keep his face hidden the entire movie until at the very end when slashes off the helmet to reveal the actors face.

I know I'll never get this but I dreamed up a weapon x movie that was basically a survival/horror/suspense monster movie. It's based on the weapon x story. It's set solely in the weapon x facility like the comic, Wolverine is basically the monster of the movie(think predator, or a quiet place). The perspective is from a weapon x strike team and professor Cornelius at first and as the movie progresses and more team members are killed off the perspective changes to more to logans until the end of the movie he's escaped from the facility. Wolverine is in savage feral mode the whole movie, it's perfect because he's unstoppable beast that you cannot kill. You can reveal in flashbacks how they tortured him and tested him like a weapon. And I'd keep his face hidden the entire movie until at the very end when slashes off the helmet to reveal the actors face.

Have the second half be survival horror in the woods from Logan's POV and it would be much better. "solely in the building" would feel like a TV show "bottle episode", a cost-cutting strategy no one wants to see in a cinema. You could have him be saved by someone in Maple Leaf Iron Man armor at the end.
And it would still be relatively cheap. The dude in the helmet would be a nobody working for scale. The future Wolverine actor could shoot his unmasked scenes in one day.

Wow...there are really some very cool ideas you folks are talking about here. :up:

Have the second half be survival horror in the woods from Logan's POV and it would be much better. "solely in the building" would feel like a TV show "bottle episode", a cost-cutting strategy no one wants to see in a cinema. You could have him be saved by someone in Maple Leaf Iron Man armor at the end.
And it would still be relatively cheap. The dude in the helmet would be a nobody working for scale. The future Wolverine actor could shoot his unmasked scenes in one day.

I would only include the survival part if this movie was nearly 3 hours long and was directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu lol

Dude, it is not the job of a poster on SHH to write you a concept movie that you're satisfied with :whatever:

We can include these base ideas into many ideas. It's not us who seem to lack imagination, it is you. If you expect me or someone else to basically write you a friggin movie right now. Further, several MCU movies have been pretty simple.

he wrote a premise about a wolvie movie and i gave my opinion on it. dont get your panties in a bunch. I dont have to write a plot of my own to give my opinion over an idea. thats like asling for a guy who reviews a restaurant to be able to cook before giving his opinion.

There is nothing that stops me from stating if i find a film premise interesting or not.

I think, if anything, putting all three into one movie might be too much, not too little.

There will obviously be other characters involved and we need to learn who Wolverine and Wendigo are (and what their motivations are and who they're working for/with/against).

The key to me is a film that features Hulk, Wendigo and Wolverine will have a very interesting show-down that will show us a Wolverine unlike anything we've seen before.

I'm sick of seeing a watered-down Wolverine fighting soldiers, martial artists and other characters who don't provide a real challenge. I want to see him go up against a real-opponent, like Hulk, so we can see the kind of bad-ass character we know from the comic-books on the big screen.

Seeing those two really going at it without holding anything back will be absolutely amazing if done right.:hmr:

Here's the thing with that you can't really ever show Wolverine in all his glory in a PG 13 film. Especially with Disney under the helm and costarring on of the Avengers. Not in this lifetime.

Here's the thing with that you can't really ever show Wolverine in all his glory in a PG 13 film. Especially with Disney under the helm and costarring on of the Avengers. Not in this lifetime.

So in your opinion Wolverine was only portrayed properly one single time in nine appearances as the character in the Fox X-Men series? Damn, that's a terrible track record! Thank goodness for the merger!

So in your opinion Wolverine was only portrayed properly once single time in nine appearances as the character? Damn, that's an awful track record!

He was perfect in First Class. :oldrazz:

Wolverine has been great in Pg 13 movies. Xmen and xmen 2? Are we serious ? lol I'm pretty sure Disney will alllow wolverine to do his thing.

So in your opinion Wolverine was only portrayed properly one single time in nine appearances as the character in the Fox X-Men series? Damn, that's a terrible track record! Thank goodness for the merger!

I bet top dollar he had zero problems with Logan as pg13 in the Fox movies and suddenly when Marvel is at the verge of getting the rights "Wolverine can't be done in pg13".

Lol

The only difference between R and PG 13 is how much nudity, sex, violence and obscene language a film-maker can show. (the rating doesn’t limit how much sex or violence can be implied. We don’t need to see penetration to understand two characters had sex.)

A skilled filmmaker can feature a violent character without splashing buckets of blood on the lens.

Almost any story can be told in a PG 13 format. You just can't appeal as easily to an audience that desires gratuitous sex and violence.

Are there any Wolverine comic panels that couldn't be shown in a PG 13 film? I've never seen any. And isn't the goal to put the comic books on the screen, not change the characters from the comic books?

Last edited:
I wonder if we'll hear from Feige if the deal closes by the Fall.

That’s all assumption. If by “all his glory” you mean a rated “R” movie, Fox did not do one until 17 years after they had the character, and only after the repeated urgings of the actor and director. It’s not like Wolverine or the X-franchise was littered with “R” rated movies before.

X2, and DoFP are good X-films that are PG-13. They didn’t need to be “R” to be good. That said, assuming Disney won’t do “R” rated movies again (as they did in the past) is again just assumption.

I actually don’t care, as long as the story is good.

That’s all assumption. If by “all his glory” you mean a rated “R” movie, Fox did not do one until 17 years after they had the character, and only after the repeated urgings of the actor and director. It’s not like Wolverine or the X-franchise was littered with “R” rated movies before.

X2, and DoFP are good X-films that are PG-13. They didn’t need to be “R” to be good. That said, assuming Disney won’t do “R” rated movies again (as they did in the past) is again just assumption.

I actually don’t care, as long as the story is good.

Not to mention those R-rated films only happened because the stars took a massive pay cut. The reality is that you can get away with so much in PG-13 that you can easily reedit Logan and have it be PG-13 while still maintaining 95% of what makes it great. R does not necessarily equals "good" what it really adds is something refreshing. We've seen so many superhero films avoid nudity, gore, and profanity so that when one does commit to it it's incredibly refreshing. So let's not get ahead of ourselves in labeling anything getting an R-rating means it'll automatically be a great film.

And if Marvel wants to do and R film I'm certain Disney would let them. They've owned companies in the past the producer R rated films, hell I think MiraMax was owned by Disney when Pulp Fiction came out. And if Marvel wants an R rated film it's because they have a lot of faith in it and at this point there's no reason not to trust their call. All they have to do is be careful of branding and marketing. I just don't think Feige is interested in pushing the envelop that way and just getting X-men back won't push it. He also doesn't have the same mentality of other studios executive, which is "Oh that films was successful because it was R we need to make an R film so it will be successful too" even though the R-rating isn't solely what made those films successful. Logan and Deadpool shows there'd a market for R-rated films but Marvel are already comfortable on the mountains of money with their current market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"