Female Hype Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
:up: My boss is like that to me. Haha. I'm not luggin around no carts filled with books. Too damn heavy. I couldn't even move it.. I left it there. He didn't say anything.:o

They wouldn't let me throw trucks for a while (unload boxes onto the automatic line) until I snuck in there one night and beat the goal time by 20 minutes.

at my job I do. but, i must inform that there's like a 6:1 girl to guy ratio, if not higher. so yeah, we definitely got the edge there

in other workplaces, i'd think not so much

So a strength in numbers situation where the dudes better get outta their caves ?

Hell no I don't. The younger blokes respect my opinion and well...fear me but the older guys wish I'd fork.
So, I've come to terms with it and when they see I'm right I just keep the gloating inside, I'll continue to offer up my advice but I know there's no need in getting all indignant.

You think the older guys are intimidated by you being smart and productive ?

Usually I do... However, there are times when guys think they can get away with the dumbest things just because I'm a "sweet looking girl". Lmfao, and then reality crashes down upon them when I...correct them.
:woot:

Oh and even if you don't look "sweet"... It still happens. You're either a dumb girly girl or trashy chick to some, not all, men.

Ha! the sucker punch. :D It's weird how many guys like to put girls in labeled boxes.

At my job I did.:up: There was mostly guys but still quite a few girls and everyone got along. Especially during closing time, we all complained around that time to our boss to let us go already.

Btw, I :heart: your avvy so much right now.

That's cool, do you think it was b/c you were all young and guys of the newer generation are less inclined to think women are more for show than actually having brains and being good workers ?

Heh, only a few days to go.

I'm respected at my job, mostly because I've been there a good amount of time. I have had male bosses try to 'spare' me from the 'hard work', though.

When you started did it take you a while to earn that respect or was it given from the off ?

Majority of the guys I have worked with in the past have been pretty lazy. :o

I can feel a lot of us guys squirming at this post. :hehe:

since SML mentioned it ( i wasnt gonna) i love ur avvy. link to full size one?

Click to enlarge.

There's also a creepy little man (shorter than I am, which is hard to do) who is always so concerned with whether I am alright or not, lifting wise. Anything over 10lbs and he complains that he can't lift it because his 'hands are too small.' :dry:

When you started did it take you a while to earn that respect or was it given from the off ?

Eh, hard to say. The place I work has a strong 'friendly sugar sweet' persona instilled in the management, so its very hard to tell if genuine respect is there. It took more than a year for them to 'trust' me, really, as in give me special projects or come to me to check on how a particular project was going. That could just be getting over the 'new person' thing, though.

I felt respected off the bat, but disrespect there is subtle.

That's cool, do you think it was b/c you were all young and guys of the newer generation are less inclined to think women are more for show than actually having brains and being good workers ?

Heh, only a few days to go.

Click to enlarge.

Lol. I don't know. Well, most of us were young. This one girl that's in my math class told me about a month ago that she was actually 26 & I was like, "No way!" She looked young like the rest of us so I was pretty shocked to find that out haha. But yeah, for the most part, we're all around the same age & most of the girls stick together there anyway cuz after we close, the guys act weird singing songs and telling weird jokes and the girls are all :dry: Can we just go now?:o

& that pic is hot.:heart:

There's also a creepy little man (shorter than I am, which is hard to do) who is always so concerned with whether I am alright or not, lifting wise. Anything over 10lbs and he complains that he can't lift it because his 'hands are too small.'

How small is he ? :wow:

Eh, hard to say. The place I work has a strong 'friendly sugar sweet' persona instilled in the management, so its very hard to tell if genuine respect is there. It took more than a year for them to 'trust' me, really, as in give me special projects or come to me to check on how a particular project was going. That could just be getting over the 'new person' thing, though.

I felt respected off the bat, but disrespect there is subtle.

I think that is the case in any group environment, you gotta prove you fit with the dynamic, you felt the newbie guys got that same treatment ?

Lol. I don't know. Well, most of us were young. This one girl that's in my math class told me about a month ago that she was actually 26 & I was like, "No way!" She looked young like the rest of us so I was pretty shocked to find that out haha. But yeah, for the most part, we're all around the same age & most of the girls stick together there anyway cuz after we close, the guys act weird singing songs and telling weird jokes and the girls are all :dry: Can we just go now?:o

& that pic is hot.:heart:

Well those youthful looks bode well for the woman's future. :D hopefully guys in your age group are kinda progressing with the whole smart chicks deal, the after work thing is them trying to pull you girls though. ;)

You'll have to fight Dew for Tony. :woot:

I think that is the case in any group environment, you gotta prove you fit with the dynamic, you felt the newbie guys got that same treatment ?

He's pushing to make 5ft. I know he can lift more than that, he's just a creepy little wuss.

Aye, that tends to be the case often. I think the newbie guys get much the same treatment, and to be fair, most of the people who work there are idiots, so the management has started to expect it.

You think the older guys are intimidated by you being smart and productive ?

I do have a lot of experience that I try not to advertise too much for fear of being put into more of a leadership role. I've been there and men really don't like taking orders from a woman, especially in the field of construction. I look young so I'm guessing they think I don't know jack, I'm small so I can only assume they think I can't hold my own. Screw 'em. :hq:

He's pushing to make 5ft. I know he can lift more than that, he's just a creepy little wuss.

Aye, that tends to be the case often. I think the newbie guys get much the same treatment, and to be fair, most of the people who work there are idiots, so the management has started to expect it.

I'm imagining him as that mole looking dude from The Simpsons.

Well at least they are favouring brains over genitalia.

I do have a lot of experience that I try not to advertise too much for fear of being put into more of a leadership role. I've been there and men really don't like taking orders from a woman, especially in the field of construction. I look young so I'm guessing they think I don't know jack, I'm small so I can only assume they think I can't hold my own. Screw 'em. :hq:

Ah you work in construction, it doesn't come any more male dominated than that i imagine. A shorty and young looking, you're fighting on all corners Tza. :up: it's weird when you think ppl would rather take orders from someone not as good at a job simply b/c they have matching organs in their pants.

I'm imagining him as that mole looking dude from The Simpsons.

Well at least they are favouring brains over genitalia.

Ah you work in construction, it doesn't come any more male dominated than that i imagine. A shorty and young looking, you're fighting on all corners Tza. :up: it's weird when you think ppl would rather take orders from someone not as good at a job simply b/c they have matching organs in their pants.

Hahaha. I imagined two burly construction workers giggling and going 'OMG, we match!'

Those guys probably have a hard time wiping their own ash. :grin:

Well those youthful looks bode well for the woman's future. :D hopefully guys in your age group are kinda progressing with the whole smart chicks deal, the after work thing is them trying to pull you girls though. ;)

You'll have to fight Dew for Tony. :woot:

Lol. & in July, fight Bella for Bale.:O

Those guys probably have a hard time wiping their own ash. :grin:

I suspect the ones that are extra hateful are ruled by their ladies and want to take their aggression out on me. Hmm, they'll only get so far. :meanie:

I do have a lot of experience that I try not to advertise too much for fear of being put into more of a leadership role. I've been there and men really don't like taking orders from a black woman, especially in the field of construction. I look young so I'm guessing they think I don't know jack, I'm small so I can only assume they think I can't hold my own. Screw 'em. :hq:
Taking orders from a black woman that's what they don't like! Who do you think they are?! Thomas Jefferson's penis?! :mad:

j/k lol

Taking orders from a black woman that's what they don't like! Who do you think they are?! Thomas Jefferson's penis?! :mad:

j/k lol

Have you been taping my exchanges with my Dad? :huh:

*Has anyone found a shortage of Noxema skin cream? One CVS has it under lock and key, two grocery stores doesn't even have it on the shelf. Maybe my neck of the woods is just off. :( I found some, but I found it odd that I had to actually search.

280476_hi.jpg

It actually smells really nice. :o

Ohmygod.

Where did you get that!? :wow:

haha Hot Topic is the most amazing store ever. They have Gir and Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends... meaning they have the character CHEESE.

Did you know, I found like... this X-Men jacket in there? Best damn thing you will ever see. I'm not sure, but I remember seeing some Hellboy too.

Wow, I'm so girly. :o

haha Hot Topic is the most amazing store ever. They have Gir and Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends... meaning they have the character CHEESE.

Did you know, I found like... this X-Men jacket in there? Best damn thing you will ever see. I'm not sure, but I remember seeing some Hellboy too.

Wow, I'm so girly. :o

I hate the store but they have so much Gir stuff I can't stay away. I bought a Gir baseball t the other day, too. Argh. I've seen Xmen stuff there before, but not Hellboy. I try not to go there too often because I'll buy two things and spend $100

I hate the store but they have so much Gir stuff I can't stay away. I bought a Gir baseball t the other day, too. Argh. I've seen Xmen stuff there before, but not Hellboy. I try not to go there too often because I'll buy two things and spend $100

Why don't you like to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"