Female Hype Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is for we ladies to talk about current issues that women are experiencing, or even just to ask for fashion advice or what new mascara to buy!

"Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to climb up and reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt.

Instead, they sometimes take apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top may think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree."
That is my life mantra, and it gives me hope that one day a nice, smart guy will come to his senses about me. :hehe:

On a slightly different track, do any of you ladies feel you get the respect in a teamwork environment ? be it college, school or a job.
Depends on what we're doing. If it's something I know I'm good at, I'll immediately take charge. People then usually realize that I know what I'm doing then sorta sit back. :oldrazz:

What do you ladies think about tunic mini-dresses? I think they're really sexy, but I'm hesitant to wear one. I tried one on at Express that made my legs look AMAZING, but it's just so so short. Came right below my booty :csad:
I can't see the pic since I'm at work and Photobucket is blocked, but personally I'd NEVER feel comfortable wearing a miniskirt. I don't sit very ladylike. :o

I don't think I'd look trashy, but I'm very tall with long legs, so it's moreso I think I'd get too much unwanted male attention. One of those things where when I tried one on, I felt like it looked a little TOO good. Short girls are lucky.
My best friend always thought that she had stumpy legs and was jealous of my legs, but we were being weird and comparing our measurements over AIM late one night and it actually turns out that SHE had longer legs, even though I'm taller! :lmao: She still doesn't believe it. But I did tell her she couldn't complain about her stumpy legs anymore, since mine are officially stumpier.

My legs actually aren't all that long - my inseam is only 29 and I'm 5'5". But for some reason they LOOK long, and I do get stared at by men when I wear shorts.

Another subject: How do you all shave your legs? :o
I only shave my legs when it's hot enough to wear shorts. Since I'm a cold person, that usually means when it's over 85F. :oldrazz: I still use my old Gillette razor. I don't shave often enough to give a lot of thought about it.

Have you ever tried Nair on your legs? I feel like it never works properly, but I also don't think I've let my hair grow out long enough.

have you tried Veet? When I don't feel like shaving, I use that stuff. I really like how it works.

and ladies, on a side note.

Whatever happened to HeyPapaJinx? I miss her and her rockin tats

and ladies, on a side note.

Whatever happened to HeyPapaJinx? I miss her and her rockin tats

I never saw a pic of her, but I love Jinx :heart: She works (or worked?) a REALLY long shift at a hotel the last I heard, so she just didn't have much time for message boards anymore :csad:

Seriously ladies stop using my

gillette-fusion-power-phantom.jpg

Those things are amazing. Haven't tried the one with batteries yet, though. I'm all about the manual.

They wouldn't let me throw trucks for a while (unload boxes onto the automatic line) until I snuck in there one night and beat the goal time by 20 minutes.
I think a lot of times guys do that because they underestimate our strength and will. I don't take that as an insult. I think that's quite thoughtful of them to spare us from strenously physical tasks but at the same time, I don't want to be given preferential treatment and be seen as... fragile and weak. It seems like you feel that way too and you showed them that you can do your job, and do it well. :up:

I think a lot of times guys do that because they underestimate our strength and will. I don't take that as an insult. I think that's quite thoughtful of them to spare us from strenously physical tasks but at the same time, I don't want to be given preferential treatment and be seen as... fragile and weak. It seems like you feel that way too and you showed them that you can do your job, and do it well. :up:

Reminds me of when I worked in the cinema.

When I worked in the cinema, a bunch of guys that worked there were lazy asses. Which isn't fun when it's past midnight and the time you get home is entirely dependent on how long it takes to get everything done. There was this girl that worked there, and she worked HARD! She really put these guys to shame. I mean, closing the place involved a lot of physical work, and lifting and carrying big ass bags full of crap loads of rubbish. Occasionally when I worked with girls, they would be like "um I don't really wanna get my hands all dirty and that's heavy, can someone else carry it?". But this girl that worked, she was tiny! She was carrying bags that were almost as big as her! It's not that I was impressed by her strength or anything, I was impressed that she was willing to work twice as hard as guys twice her size.

Reminds me of when I worked in the cinema.

When I worked in the cinema, a bunch of guys that worked there were lazy asses. Which isn't fun when it's past midnight and the time you get home is entirely dependent on how long it takes to get everything done. There was this girl that worked there, and she worked HARD! She really put these guys to shame. I mean, closing the place involved a lot of physical work, and lifting and carrying big ass bags full of crap loads of rubbish. Occasionally when I worked with girls, they would be like "um I don't really wanna get my hands all dirty and that's heavy, can someone else carry it?". But this girl that worked, she was tiny! She was carrying bags that were almost as big as her! It's not that I was impressed by her strength or anything, I was impressed that she was willing to work twice as hard as guys twice her size.
I hope that girl gets a promotion or at least have her hard work recognized by her co-workers and boss.

I've been around girls who use their 'femininity' to take advantage of guy and make guys do their work for them. That's shameful, imo. On the other hand, I've seen women in construction jobs, doing the same work that guys do and I find that impressive.

I've been around girls who use their 'femininity' to take advantage of guy and make guys do their work for them. That's shameful, imo.

Yes, when it's a woman who is fully capable of doing a chore for herself, it's very embarrassing when she asks a man to do it for her. It just reinforces gender stereotypes, too :csad: Admittedly, there are certain tasks that I'm just NOT strong enough for. But I'd just as soon ask a stronger woman as I would ask a man for help.

Jay: Didn't I see her change your tire one day?
Dante: I jacked the car up. All she did was loosen the nuts and put the tire on.

Yes, when it's a woman who is fully capable of doing a chore for herself, it's very embarrassing when she asks a man to do it for her. It just reinforces gender stereotypes, too :csad: Admittedly, there are certain tasks that I'm just NOT strong enough for. But I'd just as soon ask a stronger woman as I would ask a man for help.
Ugh I HATE THAT. I'll go kill bugs myself, I don't need no MAN to do it for me! :cmad:

I hope that girl gets a promotion or at least have her hard work recognized by her co-workers and boss.

This was a while ago, and nope, her hard work wasn't really appreciated. It's hard for the managers to notice hard work when they're sitting up in the office doing who knows what when you're sweating your ass off. In fact, they kinda screwed her over. But that's a different story.

've been around girls who use their 'femininity' to take advantage of guy and make guys do their work for them. That's shameful, imo. On the other hand, I've seen women in construction jobs, doing the same work that guys do and I find that impressive.

I saw a real pretty woman bossing around construction guys. Thought it was very impressive.

I saw a real pretty woman bossing around construction guys. Thought it was very impressive.

Not trying to pick on you, but I find it interesting that you mentioned that she was "real pretty." Do you think that the only women capable of being in charge of physical situations are usually ugly?

Yes, when it's a woman who is fully capable of doing a chore for herself, it's very embarrassing when she asks a man to do it for her. It just reinforces gender stereotypes, too :csad:
What do you think of women who go shopping with her man and have him carry all her shopping bags, including her purse? I hate seeing that. Especially seeing a man with a woman's purse. :(

I can understand him helping her out with some of the bags but all? Poor dude...

Admittedly, there are certain tasks that I'm just NOT strong enough for. But I'd just as soon ask a stronger woman as I would ask a man for help.
Same here. I think we know our limits and sometimes we DO need to ask for help but not as long as we can do it ourselves.

Ugh I HATE THAT. I'll go kill bugs myself, I don't need no MAN to do it for me! :cmad:
Amen! My fiance will be mad if he reads this but... when it comes to bugs, I'm the 'man'. He turns into The Flash whenever he sees a spider. Wimp. :o :p
This was a while ago, and nope, her hard work wasn't really appreciated. It's hard for the managers to notice hard work when they're sitting up in the office doing who knows what when you're sweating your ass off. In fact, they kinda screwed her over. But that's a different story.
All I can say to that is... bad leadership.

I admit, I'm not tough enough for construction work but I do give props to women who break the stereotypical boundaries when it comes to jobs, and do it well. :up:

I think that men's razors work the best. I really like Mach 3's. I also use a Venus. I'm not opposed to using disposables as long as they have three or four blades.

I used to shave my legs every day, but since I haven't done that in so long, if I do it now, they tend to get irritated. I'll just have to deal with it until they adjust. I hate stubble, so I refuse to wear shorts, etc. unless my legs are smooth.

are there any things made for women that you'd recommend for use by a man?

What do you think of women who go shopping with her man and have him carry all her shopping bags, including her purse? I hate seeing that. Especially seeing a man with a woman's purse. :(

I can understand him helping her out with some of the bags but all? Poor dude...

I think it's VERY lazy on the woman's part, and also dumb on the part of her boyfriend. He's letting her walk all over him and she's taking advantage of it.

seriously . . . I am a chivalrous guy, but I have to draw the line somewhere . . .

are there any things made for women that you'd recommend for use by a man?

Skincare products! Particularly face masks...I think that any gender benefits from good skincare :heart:

Not trying to pick on you, but I find it interesting that you mentioned that she was "real pretty." Do you think that the only women capable of being in charge of physical situations are usually ugly?
I think it's mostly unexpected.

My physics TA in college was a delicately pretty, ditzy-looking blonde girl. You wouldn't peg her for a physics major in any way. But now she's getting her PhD in physics at Cambridge, so :bow:

I'm very old fashioned. Open car doors and regular doors for women. And usually more often times than not, my gf buys more stuff if we are at a mall and I feel like I should carry the bulk of her stuff (not her purse though).

I'm very old fashioned. Open car doors and regular doors for women. And usually more often times than not, my gf buys more stuff if we are at a mall and I feel like I should carry the bulk of her stuff (not her purse though).

That's different. That's being polite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"