FF in May...oh my...(Spoilers!)

Malus said:
But Doom believes he is noble.

Now...will that belief allow him to lift Mjolnir?
If so, things could get very interesting.

Doom has infinite, unbreakable willpower. If he truly, sincerely believes that he is noble, then Mjolnir will believe the same.

TheSumOfGod said:
Doom has infinite, unbreakable willpower. If he truly, sincerely believes that he is noble, then Mjolnir will believe the same.
and all things considered he probably DOES belive that he's noble

Back to characters dying, you know if it is 2 of the original 4 who die, they'll be back before the FF sequel hits theaters.

Geko said:
Back to characters dying, you know if it is 2 of the original 4 who die, they'll be back before the FF sequel hits theaters.

No, no, no. They're gonna be dead. Irrevocably. They'll probably even replace them in the sequel with whichever characters take their place.
Because they're dead. Forever.
Right?
I mean Joey Q said it in the plainest speak, didn't he?

"Two of the FF die - Gone, goodbye, nevermore."
-Joe Quesada, February, 2006

And he wouldn't mislead us. No.

Two of the FF will be dead. DEAD.

(And no, it can't be the kids, as some have theorized. That's NOT what the man said.)

He said two (2) of the Fantastic Four will be killed:

"Two of the FF die-Gone, goodbye, nevermore."

So no, Geko, I'm afraid you're mistaken. Two of the FF are going to be killed off . Killed without hope of resurrection or undoing.

It's true. Because Marvel would never blatantly lie to readers for the sake of a buck.

They would never do that...

IronSpidy said:
When do we find out'? It better not be Torch...

It comes out on the 29th. In fact you already commented on that, on march 7th:

IronSpidy said:
So the 29th, geeze thats still a fair way away.

And again, it doesn't matter who they "kill." It will last about as long as Spidey's new costume, or Thor's "death" last year.

It's just B.S. hype to sell comics.:mad:

Malus 29th of this month I take it? Yeah sorry about that I'm kinda confused with all the comic dates. Malus how long do you think they will use Spidys new look? It has to be a year at least??

IronSpidy said:
Malus 29th of this month I take it? Yeah sorry about that I'm kinda confused with all the comic dates. Malus how long do you think they will use Spidys new look? It has to be a year at least??

Yeah, March 29th.
Personally, I don't think the new red & gold look will last six months.
My guess is Peter will hand it back to Tony Stark once they part ways in "Civil War." If that's what happens. But the new look won't last long.
They've got traditional Spidey action figures and other knick knacks to sell.

How long Foggy Nelson will stay "dead" is anyone's guess. All I know is the new creative team on DD lost me with this frst issue. I'm so glad I decided to read through it in the shop before wasting my money on it. I don't usually do that, but I had a feeling...God, can you imagine if Frank Miller would take time to come back for a year or two of DD? Why they can't at least let the great Gene Colan draw the book is beyond me. He ain't the flavor of the week, but he's one of the true Marvel greats and he's still able to turn out beautiful work.
I know, all that's got nothing to do with FF. It's just what I'm p**sed about this week.:mad:

Malus, I dont think Marvel will spend all its time creating Spidys new look then get rid of it within 6 months...

IronSpidy said:
Malus, I dont think Marvel will spend all its time creating Spidys new look then get rid of it within 6 months...

Watch.;)

Marvel has relesed all the covers for June and Iron Spidy has a big pressence in them....He will not go away anytime soon. (I hope)

Malus said:
JMS says in an interview over on Newsarama that he's "always admired the character's nobility" which may indicate an essential misunderstanding of Dr. Doom.
Doom is not noble, at least not by any reasonable definition.
Looking around the world today, I think most of us would agree that simply holding a throne or wielding power doesn't qualify one.
But Doom believes he is noble.

Now...will that belief allow him to lift Mjolnir?
If so, things could get very interesting.

I don't think it could. Mjolnir itself decides who is worthy.

Cap or Black Panther could pick it up, maybe Reed. Although IO think it should be too heavy for a normal strength human to pick up, but Marvel loves to screw Thor over anyway, so.....

Who needs to pick it up is Don Blake.

IronSpidy said:
Marvel has relesed all the covers for June and Iron Spidy has a big pressence in them....He will not go away anytime soon. (I hope)

Take my word for it, he won't be opening any Christmas presents in that get-up.

Ok.

Is there a preview to the March 29th comic yet?

The "First Looks" usually don't get posted until Wednesday. Usually comicscontinuum and other sites will have them in the afternoon. I know my comic book shop usually gets the ones released by Marvel on that date too, in addition to the scheduled releases.

It says Sue dies, but that it won't tie into the main FF line. All of them appear on the Civil War cover and Sue and Reed are definitely still alive during CW. This is very wrong. You can't kill off a member of the FF and then not have it tie into the main FF ongoing. :confused:

maybe he means franklin and valeria
remember the safe house they were SUPPOSED to be in was blown up by the ff's enemies maybe reed &sue will use that to reinforce thier cover story by telling the public that they are dead

KingOfDreams said:
Interesting. I wonder if it's in continuity or not.[/quote
Im confused by this JQ said its in continuity but in the recent JFridays he says its not in Continuity. So are 2 FF going to die or not in regeler continuity

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronSpidy

Malus said:
Take my word for it, he won't be opening any Christmas presents in that get-up.

BUT- I see in the new issue that even though he's wearing his new outfit, he can make it appear as if he's wearing his traditional red-and-blues, or even a venom-like variant. (All just by "thinking" about it.:rolleyes: )
So who knows; they may keep this nonsense going for a while. So I retract my gone-by-December prediction. But only because Spidey will be seen in his traditional suit at times, thus keeping it in front of readers and keeping licensees happy.
Interestingly, the black variant looked a lot like the black suit we've seen on the Spidey 3 teaser poster.

True, true indeed.

So is everyone picking up this issue? I was sad because I didnt see any Torch action. Do you think he will feature in this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"