FIFA World Cup (Russia) - Part 4

I knew England would come fourth. Why do they even bother with this match? This is just rubbing in England's defeat even more.

They were the weakest team of the semi finalists anyway.

England can set their sights to 2022 now even if it means finishing 4th in this competition but with Belgium I won't be surprised if in 2022 they end up winning it all

I think we played fine in the 2nd half. Wish we’d played like that in the first half too. Never expected to beat Belgium.
Agreed, we were better in the second half and got undone by a standard Calamity Jones brainfart and a quality finish from Hazard. The big thing that stood out for me is the lack of craft in the final 3rd for England, no one that can pick the pass at the end of an attack, then you look at De Bruyne and Hazard and see where we are still lacking.

Agreed, we were better in the second half and got undone by a standard Calamity Jones brainfart and a quality finish from Hazard. The big thing that stood out for me is the lack of craft in the final 3rd for England, no one that can pick the pass at the end of an attack, then you look at De Bruyne and Hazard and see where we are still lacking.

Those are world class players. We just have a bunch of good and half decent players with team spirit. Harry Kane is a top striker but he looks like he’s been carrying some sort of knock after the Panama game. Just hasn’t been moving freely.

England can set their sights to 2022 now even if it means finishing 4th in this competition but with Belgium I won't be surprised if in 2022 they end up winning it all

Before that Euro 2020 which will be like a home tournament.

Well EURO 2020 is being hosted in various cities but even then England is one of the host cities well London is because of Wembley Stadium but even so do I think England can win EURO 2020? It is possible but I don't think they will

I knew England would come fourth. Why do they even bother with this match? This is just rubbing in England's defeat even more.

They were the weakest team of the semi finalists anyway.

Weakest team of the semi-finalists is not something I expected to hear about this squad when I saw it!

Who knows if England will even get this far again at another FIFA World Cup tournament

Who knows if England will even get this far again at another FIFA World Cup tournament

I doubt we’ll ever get a draw like that again.

Well done to Belgium, deservedly claimed third. Our team was a bit of a banter team so no surprises we lost again, England nearly lost as many game as they have won now, lol.

Anyway I dont think anyone thought we would go anywhere near 4th before the tournamount so they did better than ever imagined but the gulf in class to the likes of Belgium was clearly evident today. We dont have players on the level of Hazard/DeBruyne and Kane seems to have started well but faded in the knockout games rather alarmingly. Still nothing we didnt know before a ball was kicked, just have to hope all those youth players that have done well can be on the next level required to take us all the way, heres to hoping.

I know two were basically nothing matches, but England lost the three matches against good teams they played at the tournament, only scored one goal in those matches.

Well done to Belgium, deservedly claimed third. Our team was a bit of a banter team so no surprises we lost again, England nearly lost as many game as they have won now, lol.

Anyway I dont think anyone thought we would go anywhere near 4th before the tournamount so they did better than ever imagined but the gulf in class to the likes of Belgium was clearly evident today. We dont have players on the level of Hazard/DeBruyne and Kane seems to have started well but faded in the knockout games rather alarmingly. Still nothing we didnt know before a ball was kicked, just have to hope all those youth players that have done well can be on the next level required to take us all the way, heres to hoping.
I was listening to a podcast and Kane came up. Yeah, he scored 6 goals, but when you look at them, the only one not from the spot or off a setpiece was the one that came off his heel that he knew nothing about. His two headers on corners came against Tunisia.

Englands lack of ability to create from open play is probably our biggest issue, we dont have enough quality attacking players in the final third to fashion a chance or score themelves enough. Alli, Lingard, Sterling all of them are decent up to a point but none of them really world class.

Those are world class players. We just have a bunch of good and half decent players with team spirit. Harry Kane is a top striker but he looks like he’s been carrying some sort of knock after the Panama game. Just hasn’t been moving freely.
Yeah, I don't think Kane was fully fit after the Colombia game, but the big issue is we don't have the quality of service for him, I think England need to look to improve three positions over the next 2 years as we build towards Euro 2020.

I was listening to a podcast and Kane came up. Yeah, he scored 6 goals, but when you look at them, the only one not from the spot or off a setpiece was the one that came off his heel that he knew nothing about. His two headers on corners came against Tunisia.
Yeah, Kane doesn't get anywhere like the service he gets at Spurs with Son and especially Eriksen in that front 4. England have the base of a good team but we need more creativity as we don't make enough chances in open play.

To knockout stage from Harry Kane have been a hurri... a doldrums. #bestleague

So what have we got for predictions today gentlemen?

I'm going for a nice and safe 2-1 win to France.

DiJju8vXcAMf_BE.jpg

A lot of responsibility on Pavard and Hernandez to keep Rebic and Perisic quiet today.

I'll go for the fairytale ending of Croatia winning 3-2 (AET). Just got a funny feeling about them today.

If Rebic plays on the left Pavard will have a nightmare all night long.

Here we go!! The big one.

Really surprised to hear the BBC pundits claim Pavard as one of the best RB this WC and he's got all the tools. He's a CB and despite having done not bad this tournament, he's never a RB for me.

After 3 extra times for Croatia and none for France plus an extra day’s rest I think it is their’s to lose. If they go 1 up I don’t think it will be like the England match. No.1 their defence is capable of seeing out the match like they did against the might of Belgium. No.2 on the counter I doubt the Croatian defence has the legs to stop Mbappe after what they’ve been through, especially when he’s getting service from far superior players than England has in those positions.

re Pavard: I also remember the first game where the BBC pundits were ripping into him as not being good enough, things soon change in this game dont they...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"