FIFA World Cup (Russia) - Part 4

Croatia don’t look tired at all.

Wasn’t everyone not really interested when Perisic was suggested for Utd?

VAR check for handball.

VAR makes a comeback now!!

Looked accidental to me rather than deliberate....will probably be given.

I just knew we’d get VAR in the final.

Subasic is a good penalty saver though.

Griezmann looks nervous.

But it’s in. 2-1!!!!

France have been awful and are 2-1 up! Very harsh on Croatia

I think the only reason it was given was because his hand moved towards the ball. Croatia are looking much better than I expected but could really do with a response before half time.

By the way, already the most goals in a final since 1998.

Best final since 1986, doesnt even matter what happens in the next 45. More in this half than the last seven finals combined. So open.

France don’t look anywhere near as comfortable in defence as they did against Belgium. I haven’t seen Croatia with so much venom going forward. They deserve to be World Cup finalists playing this way against France. How were we ahead for so long against these guys? Also how did Russia and Denmark take them all the way?

This has really been one of the best tournaments in recent memory.

Just hope theres a few more goals so that pen isnt the winner.

Play was stopped for 4 minutes between that handball & the referee making a call use VAR alone, so why was there only 3 minutes of stoppage time? Add on another minute for a couple of other stoppages, there should have been a minimum of 4 mins.

The penalty decision was arguably wrong as well, I'm sitting here listening to Glen Hoddle talk about how it was never deliberate handball, there are very few instances in which when a penalty strikes an outfield players hand in the box that it's deliberate unless he's somehow trying to stop the ball from crossing the line.

When it strikes a players hand the question needs to be, did that stop a goalscoring chance. In any case, I don't think it did because had it missed Perisic's hand it looked like it would have went to a Croatian defender anyway. Poor decision IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"