FIFA World Cup (Russia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't confess to knowing much about the state of Egyptian football, apart from the fact that it is going through a resurgence with the public. If Salah doesn't play, they will surely have a plan to compensate. Bearing in mind, Uruguay aren't the team they were back in 2014 & they do concede goals - at least 1 per game in qualifying

Yes but this Uruguayan side for 2018 this is probably the best Uruguay team in the past decade or so as far as depth in all aspects. Everyone pundits and all say that this Uruguay side could be a dark horse in Russia and I for one have to agree. I mean they couldn't have asked for a better drawing as far as groups go.

However, the much added pressure the Russians have not only playing at home but also if you play up the Vladimir Putin angle that is exactly why I can't see Russia crashing out in the group stage.

They've already won the best shirt at the World Cup. Over 3 million orders. They haven't made enough to cope with the demand

Definitely need to get myself one but also with the drawing as far as groups go Nigeria even though they may be in a Group of Death I can somehow see them getting out of this group that has Argentina, Croatia and Iceland. However, 2nd place in Group D is pretty much up for grabs since it is pretty much a reality that Argentina will win this group quite comfortably.

DP-P_3PXcAAj8Wb.jpg

2018worldcupbracket.gif

Definitely need to get myself one but also with the drawing as far as groups go Nigeria even though they may be in a Group of Death I can somehow see them getting out of this group that has Argentina, Croatia and Iceland. However, 2nd place in Group D is pretty much up for grabs since it is pretty much a reality that Argentina will win this group quite comfortably.

Nigeria aren't getting out of that group. Croatia are dark horse's to make it to the semis I reckon. Certainly Quarters at best.

looking ahead to the round of 16, we could easily have a Salah/Ramos rematch if Spain top their group & Egypt get runners up.

Predictions (not exactly going out on a limb here)

My predictions

Group A= Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay (Uruguay 1st, Egypt 2nd)
Group B= Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran (Spain 1st, Portugal 2nd)
Group C= France, Australia, Denmark, Peru (France 1st, Peru 2nd)
Group D= Argentina, Nigeria, Croatia, Iceland (Argentina 1st, Nigeria 2nd)
Group E= Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia (Brazil 1st, Serbia 2nd)
Group F= Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea (Germany 1st, Mexico 2nd)
Group G= Belgium, England, Tunisia, Panama (Belgium 1st, England 2nd)
Group H= Poland, Colombia, Japan, Senegal (Colombia 1st, Poland 2nd)

Round of 16

Uruguay (Group A winners) vs Portugal (Group B Runners-Up)= Winners: Portugal
France (Group C winners) vs Nigeria (Group D Runners-Up)= Winners: France
Brazil (Group E Winners) vs Mexico (Group F Runners-Up)= Winners: Brazil
Belgium (Group G Winners) vs Poland (Group H Runners-Up)= Winners: Belgium

Spain (Group A Winners) vs Egypt (Group B Runners Up)= Winners: Spain
Argentina (Group D Winners) vs Peru (Group C Runners Up)= Winners: Argentina
Germany (Group F Winners) vs Serbia (Group E Runners Up)= Winners: Germany
Colombia (Group H Winners) vs England (Group G Runners Up)= Winners: England

Quarter-Finals

Portugal vs France= Winners: Portugal
Spain vs Argentina= Winners: Argentina
Brazil vs Belgium= Winners: Brazil
Germany vs England= Winners: Germany

Semi Finals

Portugal vs Brazil= Winners: Brazil
Argentina vs Germany= Winners: Germany

2018 FIFA World Cup Final

Brazil vs Germany= Winners: Back to Back FIFA World Cup Champions Germany (repeat as champions)

2018 FIFA World Cup 3rd/4th Place Game

Argentina vs Portugal= Winners: Argentina (win 3rd place); Portugal wins 4th place

Some youngsters to look out for at the world cup.

Amine Harit- Morocco

Hirving Lozano- Mexico

Denis Zakaria- Switzerland

Lucas Torreira- Uruguay

Rodrigo Bentancur- Uruguay

You'll be aware of the others such as: Mbappe, Ousmane Dembele, Goretzka etc.

Other youngsters to look out for:

Timo Werner (Germany)
Gabriel Jesus (Brazil)
Jose Maria Gimenez (Uruguay)
Leroy Sane (Germany)
Kylian Mbappe (France)

Thomas Lemar is another great youngster. Horrible season but he has always been very good for France.

Other wonder kids to look out for too are:

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Serbia) (Lazio)
Alex Iwobi (Nigeria) (Arsenal)
Youri Tielemans (Belgium) (Monaco)
Piotr Zielinski (Poland) (Napoli)
Gelson Martins (Portugal) (Sporting Lisbon)

Alex Iwobi? :funny: GOODNESS GRACIOUS GREAT BALLS OF CRAP!

OH WAIT, YOU'RE SERIOUS? :funny:

I mean Iwobi plays for Arsenal in England but for Nigeria if you have seen him play for the Super Eagles for a youngster he is actually pretty good

LMAO! I get that some play better for their countries but to announce that we should be on the look out for a guy who's not done much since he was 18 is nonsense, He's also about to turn 23 and he's regressing if anything. Everyone on here has seen Iwobi and NO ONE is believing he's a Wonderkid.:funny:

Nigeria are currently being torn to shreds by a mediocre England team also.

Another youngest to keep an eye on is Cristian Pavon (22,Boca jr/Argentina) lead the league in assists (11) and has had 3 assists in 5 games so far for the NT.

So who beat USA to prevent them from making an appearance?

So we have to wait for the USA Women to defend their championship next year.

Only 10 days to go!

Hope to see a new CM trio of Spain. I'm tired of seeing Busquets - Iniesta - someone else. Yes, they were incredibly amazing, but they're old and not in form anymore. I was so dissappointed to see Busquets - Iniesta - Cesc back in Euro 2016 and they did indeed have a bad tournament, completely off form.

Busquets - Thiago - Koke/Saul would be amazing IMO. David Silva's probably gonna play RW, as he always has been for Spain.

So apparently, most (if not all) of the Fox Sports crew will be in the Fox Sports studios in Los Angeles for the US coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"