FIFA World Cup (Russia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sane is out of the Germany squad. Pretty weird decision, considering Julian Brandt is included.

Absolutely. He has been utter terrible whenever he played for Germany but at least he's better than Julian Brandt.

Hope to see a new CM trio of Spain. I'm tired of seeing Busquets - Iniesta - someone else. Yes, they were incredibly amazing, but they're old and not in form anymore. I was so dissappointed to see Busquets - Iniesta - Cesc back in Euro 2016 and they did indeed have a bad tournament, completely off form.

Busquets - Thiago - Koke/Saul would be amazing IMO. David Silva's probably gonna play RW, as he always has been for Spain.

There's a reason why Iniesta is still 1st choice for Spain...

De1ok2QWAAEA9CP.jpg

There's a reason why Iniesta is still 1st choice for Spain...

He's one of the best CM in the history of football but he's not that good anymore.

And mind you Euro 2016 was probably the only big tournament where Iniesta played as CM if I recall correctly.

I just don't think he's that good anymore. At the moment Thiago is clearly superior while Koke can offer something different.

Sane is out of the Germany squad. Pretty weird decision, considering Julian Brandt is included.

Crazy. The guy must be seriously disappointed after the season he's just had.

Crazy. The guy must be seriously disappointed after the season he's just had.

People call this decision surprising and crazy. IMO, it's surprising but not crazy at all.

Germany's setup is very different from Pep's MC. In Man City's system the wingers are asked to hug the touchline, constantly looking for space and move while the FBs come inside to build-up the play. While for Loew, his wingers must have the ability to play between the lines and contribute to the build-up. The touchline is FBs' area, while the wingers often play in the halfspace.

Sane is a great player but he can only thrive in Pep's system with kind of a old school winger role. He has been absolutely abysmal and lost for Germany.

That being said, I'd have left Brandt home and brought Sane. At least he offers pace and a different style of play.

Sane will get his time In fact he will be a starter by Euro 2020.

No Julian Weigl but Wanyama included ? Seriously

Just drew Argentina in my work's World Cup sweepstake.

Pretty happy with that.

Yeah.... I am ready. :mrk:

[YT]hqaUF2JNY_U[/YT]

[YT]Vm-avsAjrIo[/YT]

Just as a 'side debate' before we get embroiled in the 2018 festivities, what are people's memories of previous WC's, e.g. what was your first, what moments stick out for you etc.

Just as a 'side debate' before we get embroiled in the 2018 festivities, what are people's memories of previous WC's, e.g. what was your first, what moments stick out for you etc.

Mexico 86 I was still young for but won't ever forget the impact of Maradona and also a strong German team.

Italia 90 I remember the 3-2 against Cameroon (and Roger Milla in general), Schillachi as Italian super sub, and the West Germany Vs Holland match with Gullit, Rijkaard and Van Basten and the spitting incident between Rijkaard and Voller.

Standouts over this period: Maradona, Klinsmann, Baggio, Matthaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back