Fighting, Tatics, and new gadgets of the New Batman

badgrammar

Sidekick
Reaction score
I think Batman should have new technology similar to this

Last edited:
The next Batman should be as if a horror film. :fhm: The technology should be very limited and the visuals should scare you.

I agree with Noach, actually.

It should go one of two ways, imo: Stylized like the Arkham universe, or more like a horror.

Fear should always be the main tactic (Best example being in Batman Begins when Batman hid himself vs. 7 of Falcone's men. They all became scared ****less when he solo'd some of them and hid back into the dark).

As for fighting, I'd stick to adapting from some of our real world fighting techniques.

Technology. Go wild!

In an ideal world, whoever is cast as Batman would spend 6-12 months training in various styles of combat.

Different situations call for different techniques. I'd like a Batman who is versatile yet precise with his asskickery.

Please just anything but the keysi fighting method.

I never minded the Keysi style, but the reboot should definitely be different. A more agile and acrobatic Batman would be pretty awesome. And as for gadgets, I don't mind a grounded approach to gadgets once more, but it can obviously still have a more "techy" feel to it, like the gadgets used in Arkham Asylum/City, for example. Rocksteady definitely has a gritty/grounded approach that's still fantastical in almost everything in their games and that's the approach that should be with the reboot.

A horror approach? I don't think I'd be all on board with that. There could definitely be some scary elements for sure, though, especially if Scarecrow is used right.

I want more of an animalistic Batman. By that, I would actually have him fight like Bane in TDKR but with more quickness and intensity. Blunt force blows in a way that comes across like Batman is on the verge of becoming unhinged. I want blood, as much blood as you can get away with.

Frank Miller's Batman is brutal but stealthy. For a sequel yeah its cool especially if the story demands a more violent Batman but for a first film with a more comic booky/arkham asylum feel not, acrobatic and agile is the way to go.

I thought going with the keysi style was a good move for the TDKT

It really felt more intimidating and animalistic, compared to Batman doing karate chops.

Although it wasn't executed perfectly, when it worked, I thought it worked brilliantly.

Something similar to Metal Gear Solid's CQC would be nice. However, instead of arming himself with the enemy's gun, Batman would just disassemble it in pieces.

Last edited:
The next Batman should be as if a horror film. :fhm: The technology should be very limited and the visuals should scare you.

That would only work if we see the movie from the Villains' perspective.

I have that comic, it's pretty good.

I don't think I'd be for a Batfilm from the villain's perspective.

I'm for technology that is disguised. His tech should be all about making him appear supernatural. That's one thing I love about the first Burton movie. He wears armor, but it appears to others that he's simply an unkillable wraith. He uses his grapple, but it appears he can fly, etc.

As far as fighting, that's the biggest departure from previous incarnations I'd like to see. We've had an ultra subdued, "realistic" approach, now I want to see crazy hand to hand combat. I want a Batman (in a suit he can really move in) that is clearly a master of multiple forms of martial arts. The fights from The Raid could be template.

I'm for technology that is disguised. His tech should be all about making him appear supernatural. That's one thing I love about the first Burton movie. He wears armor, but it appears to others that he's simply an unkillable wraith. He uses his grapple, but it appears he can fly, etc.

As far as fighting, that's the biggest departure from previous incarnations I'd like to see. We've had an ultra subdued, "realistic" approach, now I want to see crazy hand to hand combat. I want a Batman (in a suit he can really move in) that is clearly a master of multiple forms of martial arts. The fights from The Raid could be template.

I'm also all for this.

Co-signed. That would a nice approach that would make him feel like an artificial superhero, fitting him in better with the rest of the DCU.

Hmmm...

-Definitely should be a master of mixed martial arts.
-Arkham game gadgets. I did like the mini bomb gun from TDK, though.
-Different lenses (normal/white, red/heat, green/night-vision, purple/detective mode, etc.)
-Make a Bat-Mobile like this:

german-student-presents-2016-lamborghini-ankonian-concept-medium_12.jpeg

batmobile5.jpg

Batmobile_Redesign_Fav_2.jpg

Oh and the universe should most definitely be a mix of Arkham games and Nolan. A city that looks like Pittsburg with some gothic things added to it (Batman: TAS/Arkham).

Bring in the fantastical villains like Clayface, Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, the REAL Joker (no hate on Heath Ledgers, though).

More emphasis on Batman as a 'monster' to explain why people fear him. A notable increase in tech, like the hacking from Watchdogs would be great. Great way to get an eye on things happening, great way to allow him to appear to be everywhere. Having Batman causing people's phone to ring would be awesome.

In keeping with the monster effect, his fighting style should be explosive, partly to reinforce the idea that he's some trancendent being. Acrobatics would be necessary to achieve his ends, and we'd some of those. His mobility is necessary to appear to be everywhere.

But more than that, he faces off against someone who requires epic martial arts, and not just lots of thugs, where it actually makes sense to use smaller quicker movements to dispatch them in one or two moves.

Microfibers in the cape to make it almost Spawn-like in its billowing and countours, that'd be a plus too.

Oh and the universe should most definitely be a mix of Arkham games and Nolan. A city that looks like Pittsburg with some gothic things added to it (Batman: TAS/Arkham).

Bring in the fantastical villains like Clayface, Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, the REAL Joker (no hate on Heath Ledgers, though).

Slightly OT: One of my favorite things about TDKR was that they used Pittsburgh, which REALLY has that Gotham feel downtown. I'm from there, moved to Atlanta after college. I always thought that it would fit well. Chicago's too clean for the comic Gotham in my mind.

1. Gloves and shoes which stick to glass.
2. Mask that covers the whole face and uses lenses to hide/protect the eyes.
3. Smoke.
4. Hallucinogens.
5. Sonic based weapons-- like a loud siren sound that not only forces the enemy to put their hands over their ears but surprises them and creates more fear.
6. A practical helicopter.
meganarid_01.jpg

Not sure if this counts as a tactic, but I really want to see Batman saving people and taking on some street level crime in this new incarnation. I want to see the Batman who has vowed never to let another child lose their parents.

I want the reboot to be a crime drama but with horror elements added in when it comes to Batman. The audience should feel as if they're in the criminal's shoes as Batman hunts them down in the dark. We need a lot more scenes lime the dock scene in BB.

Batman should be considered a myth to the people of Gotham. All they know is that there is this thing hunting criminals at night, not even fully sure if it is even human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"