The Dark Knight Film Reels Won In the Trailer Screening Raffle

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I never saw that intro page. Thanks

Well, Anyways...truth is we don't know what they might do anyways.....
they pretty much could do whatever they want within the scope of being legal....
All we really know is what they have done in the past. Which IS usually a tell of whats coming in the future...but this might be the last big bang on the viral front....they might go all-out.
you never know. = )

I am curious of the legality of showing the film reel in a movie theater. does anyone know if it is legal for the theater to show it to the public? do they need written approval first from WB? See we were going to show it, as i have a friend thats a manager at the theater, but the owner decided that since they couldnt get ahold of WB that we couldnt show it. that really sucks as they handed it out and said to show it....although thats not legal writes to show it to the public in a movie theater i guess.

Did anyone ever get a dvd quality copy of the Jokerized Film Trailor?

from what ive heard, no. in order to do that its gonna cost some big bucks. from what byte had said, the cheapest he could get it done was $5,000 which is ridiculous for 2.5 minutes of film

I'm honestly surprised that we haven't seen a DVD quality release of the trailers via whysoserious.com

-WsS?

I am curious of the legality of showing the film reel in a movie theater. does anyone know if it is legal for the theater to show it to the public? do they need written approval first from WB? See we were going to show it, as i have a friend thats a manager at the theater, but the owner decided that since they couldnt get ahold of WB that we couldnt show it. that really sucks as they handed it out and said to show it....although thats not legal writes to show it to the public in a movie theater i guess.

I actually don't think that there was a legal issue- the theater here that was going to show it was perfectly ok with it. And we just got done dealing with the legality of showing tv episodes (that got yanked right before the writer's strike) and so they are on top of legal vs not legal showings.

Although, there was some co-ordinating issues with the reel, so it never happened..but still.

and I am not a lawyer. so, umm, grain of salt and all. ;)

I actually don't think that there was a legal issue- the theater here that was going to show it was perfectly ok with it. And we just got done dealing with the legality of showing tv episodes (that got yanked right before the writer's strike) and so they are on top of legal vs not legal showings.

Although, there was some co-ordinating issues with the reel, so it never happened..but still.

and I am not a lawyer. so, umm, grain of salt and all. ;)

I have 42E's info and will be contacting them by phone tomorrow, also wrote them an email. I am trying to find the WB contact info but I cant seem to find the department i would need. their website has a ton of info and departments and not sure exactly where to look

As the winner of Torontos reel let me tell you I've sent various emails to 42E & WB but have gotten no response on getting some sort of clearance. I took it to Deluxe Film Labs here in Toronto(they are worldwide) and was told it would cost about $350 to transfer but it would not be DVD quality because the reel has already been mastered, Then I was told that they couldn't do it because of copyright issues because they work closely with the studios and don't want to do anything to damage that relationship. So you're best bet(as well as mine) is to find somebody who works in some sort of digital print lab at a school or something and try to get them to do it.

so DCT, you didn't get to show it? that sucks, also i guess ehat's why i didn't hear from you yet... ;)

im still working on leads to get my reel to meet up with a 35mm projector...

HEADS UP, JOKERIZED TRAILER FANS!

I have received confirmation that at least the Blu-ray disc contains the Jokerized trailer in an easter egg.

Directions:
  1. Play Theatrical Trailer 3 on Disc 2.
  2. On your player's remote, enter these numbers: 5 6 5 3 7
    (Don't enter them too fast, give it a second or two between each.)
  3. The numbers spell out the word "Joker".
  4. The screen should go blank and the Joker-ized version of the same trailer will play.

Not sure if it's the same for the DVD, but at least we know there's a digitized version out there that can be easily captured. :oldrazz:

IT WORKS!!!!

the audio and video feels like a grindhouse trailer though. but it's on the bluray disc.

source??!??
Why do we need a source? Someone mentioned it in another thread, I asked someone with a Blu-ray player to try it. (It was the 42E guy, I trust him. :oldrazz: ) He said it worked and that it brought back fond memories. :yay:

crAziemutant tried it with his DVD and it didn't work, so I guess it must be a Blu-ray exclusive.

Gooooooooood daaaaaaaaaammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K....so can someone please tell me how you would access this with just a PS3 controller as the remote?

Or do I have to go out today and get the PS3 Blu Ray remote? :(

K....so can someone please tell me how you would access this with just a PS3 controller as the remote?

Or do I have to go out today and get the PS3 Blu Ray remote? :(

just press Triangle when the trailer is playing. Then BD options pop up and you'll see numbers you can click on.

God dammit, I need to get a Blu-Ray Player. :csad:

Anybody YouTube this yet?

Awesome Anita!! Thank you so much!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"