Filming in Cleveland?

:::::: CLEVELAND UPDATE ::::::

According to a Spider-Man 3 crew member, the Cleveland filming will be of a car chase and will last 7-10 days. Lots of roads will be closed.

Ok so for some exciting news right off the bat.* I'M WORKING ON* THE CREW OF SPIDERMAN 3!!!!!* Yep, doesn't get much cooler than that.* It turns out that they're planning on shooting a car chase up in Cleveland for 7-10 days and they'll be shutting down a lot of road to film it.* I just can't even to begin saying how excited I am to do this, and I got so many questions about it.* I don't know who's going to be there (although I guess Sam Raimi, the director, is a no brainer).* Maybe none of the actors will be there and it's all just stunt crew, I really have no idea.* All I know is that this is by far one of the best gigs I've had since I've moved back home and can't wait.* Just flat out awesome.

source: http://blog.myspace.com/castor777

Keep an eye on this guy's blog. I'm sure we'll get a lot more information from him.

Awesome!:up: Thanks Spider Boy.:)

Still no exact dates though:confused:

Yes, but i still'd like to like to know when.;)

Spider Boy said:

According to a Spider-Man 3 crew member, the Cleveland filming will be of a car chase and will last 7-10 days. Lots of roads will be closed.

Ok so for some exciting news right off the bat.* I'M WORKING ON* THE CREW OF SPIDERMAN 3!!!!!* Yep, doesn't get much cooler than that.* It turns out that they're planning on shooting a car chase up in Cleveland for 7-10 days and they'll be shutting down a lot of road to film it.* I just can't even to begin saying how excited I am to do this, and I got so many questions about it.* I don't know who's going to be there (although I guess Sam Raimi, the director, is a no brainer).* Maybe none of the actors will be there and it's all just stunt crew, I really have no idea.* All I know is that this is by far one of the best gigs I've had since I've moved back home and can't wait.* Just flat out awesome.

Keep an eye on this guy's blog. I'm sure we'll get a lot more information from him.

LUCKY!!! I'm so happy for you!! Keep us updated.

More news from Cleveland. I think the casting people are going to have disappoint quite a few people.

From The Plain Dealer:
Many leap at chance to be in 'Spider-Man'

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Julie Washington
Plain Dealer Columnist

Greater Clevelanders are eager to be in "Spider-Man 3" when action scenes are shot here in April. The movie, starring Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst, is slated to open in theaters in 2007.

About 2,000 people already have signed up for a chance to be extras in "Spider-Man 3" when it films action scenes here this month.

No one knows if the filmmak ers will be able to use that many extras. The Greater Cleveland Film Commission was getting so many inquiries that it set up a place on its Web site, www.clevelandfilm.com, where people can submit their photos and contact information, said Dennis Eckart, the commission's board chairman. Go to the "news and updates" link.

In March, word came down that a small second-unit "Spider-Man 3" crew is coming here to shoot action shots that do not include the entire cast. The downtown portion of Euclid Avenue has been identified as a possible location.

The film commission is also collecting names via the Web site of people who want to be crew members. About 150 prospective crew members have signed up, Eckart said.

A skeleton film crew from "Spider-Man 3" is expected to arrive Monday and start setting up offices in the Cleveland Convention Center, commission president Chris Carmody said. The commission has been pushing the city to allow film companies to use the convention center as a soundstage. "Spider-Man 3" will be a good test of that plan, Carmody said.

"Spider-Man 3," starring Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst, continues the adventures of the mild-mannered Peter Parker, who morphs into the crime-fighting superhero. The movie is scheduled to open in May 2007.
Source: http://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...ase/entertainment/1143884601209190.xml&coll=2

I can't take anymore. Ugh!!!
Well I sent in a head shot and told them that I would interested in being part of the crew, I have electrical skilsl and a strong back.

I've seen the dates "April 21st-30th" posted twice online. However, neither of the two sources that said it were sure.

Converting the Convention Center to sound stages?

0645192058conventioncenterlg6f.jpg

CLEVELAND -- Today, the City of Cleveland takes a big step toward winning more Hollywood location shooting business, like Spiderman 3, which is shooting here next month.

Can you imagine the Convention Center as a movie sound stage? The Spiderman sequel will be using unused portions of the Convention Center. And today, the city and the Cleveland Film Commission announced plans to make the Convention Center available to film companies as a sound stage and storage area for location shooting.

Every movie crew that comes here means major benefits for the city.

"The city gets payroll taxes, sales taxes, car rental taxes and very substantial hotel bed taxes," said Chris Carmody of the Cleveland Film Commission.

"The City of Cleveland will be a place where people automatically think, well, they make movies in Cleveland," added Mayor Frank Jackson.

The Cleveland Film Commission leaves for Hollywood Thursday to tout the new facility.

© 2006 WKYC-TV
Source: http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=50433
Video: http://www.wkyc.com/video/player.aspx?aid=21688&bw=

Spider Boy said:

You know what? This could be the armored truck chase that is mentioned in the Q&A... :eek:

Haha appers that one the main page the spidey crew are cleaning the bulidings and windows for the film :) dirty dirty Clevelanders :D

Haha appers that one the main page the spidey crew are cleaning the bulidings and windows for the film dirty dirty Clevelanders

Hell yes. Downtown's sooo nasty now. Hardly any business and like most of the buildings have for lease signs. The city's been dead since the 90s. It LOOKED like it was alive 1999-2001 but that was a facade. I'm extremely curious to go drive there right now and check out the cleaning going on cause it's pretty crack-ho dirty from what I recall.

black_dust said:
Haha appers that one the main page the spidey crew are cleaning the bulidings and windows for the film :) dirty dirty Clevelanders :D

^:D

Tandaemonium said:
Hell yes. Downtown's sooo nasty now. Hardly any business and like most of the buildings have for lease signs. The city's been dead since the 90s. It LOOKED like it was alive 1999-2001 but that was a facade. I'm extremely curious to go drive there right now and check out the cleaning going on cause it's pretty crack-ho dirty from what I recall.

It's getting better.

The problem with living right on the lake is the insane amount of dust it generates. It's a very common Great Lakes issue.

So which hype memebers are going to go Cleveland to watch filming?:)

I have to go to court on the 20th, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get there.

I'm hurting, I really want to go,damn it all. Gawd I hope NY is coming up soon.

Of course risking a warrant for my arrest to see the filming is almost worth it, but I'd hate to be locked up and miss NY filming. CRAP!!!!

That sucks.:down I hope you get to see some of the shoot. The chances that NY will get filming days are very small now.

Are there any other people from the Cleveland area that are going to be extra's in the movie???? I just got the call today!!! I'm sooooo excited. Can't wait to be a part of such a huge movie production. :spidey:

burke122101 said:
Are there any other people from the Cleveland area that are going to be extra's in the movie???? I just got the call today!!! I'm sooooo excited. Can't wait to be a part of such a huge movie production. :spidey:

Awesome. Be sure to let us know if you see anything or take any photos! Welcome to the Hype. :)

Many leap at chance to be in 'Spider-Man'

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Julie Washington
Plain Dealer Columnist

Greater Clevelanders are eager to be in "Spider-Man 3" when action scenes are shot here in April. The movie, starring Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst, is slated to open in theaters in 2007.

About 2,000 people already have signed up for a chance to be extras in "Spider-Man 3" when it films action scenes here this month.

No one knows if the filmmak ers will be able to use that many extras. The Greater Cleveland Film Commission was getting so many inquiries that it set up a place on its Web site, www.clevelandfilm.com, where people can submit their photos and contact information, said Dennis Eckart, the commission's board chairman. Go to the "news and updates" link.

In March, word came down that a small second-unit "Spider-Man 3" crew is coming here to shoot action shots that do not include the entire cast. The downtown portion of Euclid Avenue has been identified as a possible location.

The film commission is also collecting names via the Web site of people who want to be crew members. About 150 prospective crew members have signed up, Eckart said.

A skeleton film crew from "Spider-Man 3" is expected to arrive Monday and start setting up offices in the Cleveland Convention Center, commission president Chris Carmody said. The commission has been pushing the city to allow film companies to use the convention center as a soundstage. "Spider-Man 3" will be a good test of that plan, Carmody said.

"Spider-Man 3," starring Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst, continues the adventures of the mild-mannered Peter Parker, who morphs into the crime-fighting superhero. The movie is scheduled to open in May 2007.

2,000? all my tv stations says 3,000+ showed up

Retroman said:
That sucks.:down I hope you get to see some of the shoot. The chances that NY will get filming days are very small now.
\

i know, i was really looking forward to it but it doesn't look like there's much hope for any NY shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"