Filming in Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by Spider Boy, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Spawn187 KILL

Anyone have a camera in ohio still no pics??

2. tzarinna Mamochka

Lucky!!!

Please,please keep us informed. Welcome again to the Hype.

3. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

Well I can't make it guys sorry. Hope someone else can though cause we REALLY need some good setpics. Getting sick of these location pics.

4. InsomniacFreak Registered

Interesting article from Cleveland.com's The Plain Dealer section about street closings/misc detailed specifics about the Cleveland shoot.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...inment/1145090239129980.xml&coll=2&thispage=1

Also, there is a bit of a synopsis about the SM3 story....excerpt:

In "Spider-Man 3," Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) has struck a balance between his responsibilities as a superhero and his relationship with Mary Jane (Kirsten Dunst). The public adores him, and he's caught the attention of love-interest Gwen Stacy (Bryce Dallas Howard).

Peter's overconfidence leads to doom when he must battle Sandman, played by Thomas Haden Church ("Sideways"). Sandman, alias Flint Marko, can transform his body into a hard, sandlike substance.

Of course the next line in the this article references internet fansites as a source, so who know what credibility the above has....

Internet fan sites say that Topher Grace, who formerly starred on television's "That '70s Show," will play the evil Venom in "Spider-Man 3." Venom, aka failed reporter Eddie Brock, is a shape-shifter with a grudge against the webslinger.

5. InsomniacFreak Registered

If the overconfidence thing has any merit then we might be treated to a more confident, ass-kicking possibly wise-cracking spidey this go round...:up: :up: But the "public adores him" thing is kind of :confused:

6. Spider-Ranger aka Goran

Hmm... sounds very interesting.

Seems like Peter will be quite a happy guy in the third film. Everything is going fine... and then Sandman appears and destroys the happiness

Sounds like there will be indeed a "Spider-Man Day"

He's caught her attention, but she hasn't caught his attention?

Is he only able to turn his body into hard sand? No "melting" into fine sand, no shape-shifting hands?? Hmmm... And since when is Venom a shape-shifter?? :confused:

7. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

If that's true, I'm ecstatic. He'll have that attitude in the costume we all want to see. But then he confronts a foe he can't stop. Then the symbiote comes in, and now he has this greater power. But how does he deal with it? Think about Banks' statement, people....

And that's how it should be. Gwen sees him, not vice versa. He loves Mary Jane. And so do I.... ;)

:eek: Oooh, what kind of doom? Sounds juicy...

Well can't the symbiote take different shapes? I mean, this is a newspaper that probably knows little to nothing about the V-Man, so they're probably just wording it based on what they have heard about the character.

8. InsomniacFreak Registered

Retro - answers to your question were also revealed in the Cleveland.com article.

Spidey street closings

Here is the schedule of street closings for the filming, according to information at City Hall. Filming hours are 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. Filmmakers have asked for intermittent pedestrian control. The schedule is subject to change.

Friday, April 21: Portions of Euclid Avenue from East 18th Street to Public Square and periodic traffic control along East Ninth Street throughout the day.

Saturday, April 22: Euclid Avenue from East 18th Street to Public Square and East Ninth Street from Prospect to Superior avenues.

Monday, April 24-Friday, April 28: Euclid Avenue from East 18th Street to Public Square.

Saturday, April 29: Euclid Avenue from East 18th Street to Public Square and East Ninth Street from Prospect to Superior avenues.

Okay all you people that live in OHIO.....you now know precisely when and where to be........so get your butts down there and REPORT dammit!! :D

P.S.....if we can get pictures of Julia Roberts in a thong, well then..................;)

9. GoldGoblin Registered

^Yes we need pics.

10. General_Grievous Registered

Brilliant news, keep up with the updates guys. And be sure to tell us if you manage to see the filming taking place at Cleveland.

The car chase sounds exciting, I sincerely hope its Sandman trying to make a quick exit. We haven't had a good car chase since Spidey 1 with our hero chasing Uncle Bens killer.

The above film synopsis pleases me too, I was happy to see that Peter will have finally struck some kind of balance between his responsibilites. Some will say that this is because of MJ's love and that that's all a bit lovey-dovey, but I like it.

Seeing Peter go through some kind of tragedy such as the loss of Harry or maybe even Aunt May will make his plight even more dramatic, knowing that he had to work so hard to achieve some kind of happiness.

The "Spider-Man Day" doesn't sound so bad, and hopefully we will see a more confident and outgoing Peter - the kind of man to attract the attention from women like Gwen Stacy.

11. Nebins Registered

From the synopsis it sounds like we may get a wise cracking Spidey which makes me tingle inside :D

12. Jasmine Registered

Sounding good.:up:

13. Visionary Registered

They seem to have pulled all of that from internet babble.:o

14. Nebins Registered

Maybe Sony sent something to them. I doubt it but it's possible.

15. Visionary Registered

I seriously doubt it, Sony knows that we'll be reading anything and everything about SM3.

16. General_Grievous Registered

Which is why the smallest bit of news, whether true or not, means so much to us all here.

17. sag002 The Leafs Fan from Whitby

That sounds a bit more realistic. PS. I love yur Avatar Morg!

18. I drove down that street the last weekend and didn't notice much cleaner. There's a good amount of road work being done, but I've seen that for months now and that has to be unrelated. I'll be through the area routinely anyways, doubt I'll see anything but if I do I'll let you guys know. It's also fashion week in Cleveland starting this coming weekend, so I have added incentive to go to this one vantage point spot where I can sit back and notice both Spidey stuff and some hot models...my guess is the filming crew will incidentally find this spot and hang out here as well.

19. :spidey: Hey there gang. Here's an update on filming. I will be taking my car up for a trial run at Burke Lakefront Airport tomorrow morning. The stunt director Scottie will be testing the potential drivers abilities and then deciding on who he wants and how long he needs them. Also, on a side note, my cousin is the VP of Operations for the Union Club in Downtown Cleveland. He told me that Sam Raimi and some of the producers have been in for lunch a few times already in the past week. Scott, who had just overseen the renovations done to the Union Club during the past year, said that Sam was very taken with the building. In fact, Sam had mentioned that he is seriously considering using the club for the interior sequences of the Wayne Manor for his upcoming Batman movie that he will be directing. Wouldn't that be awesome. That would really put Cleveland on the map as a legitimate film production city!!! I'll keep you guys informed as best as I can during the filming. As always, stay strong True Believers!!!:spidey:

20. Dcknight Je Me Souviens

[​IMG]
    ..............................what Batman do with raimi and this boards!??!?!?!?!and raimi will not directing the next Batman movie what are you talking about!?!?! or you're joking i'm sure it's that!

21. Crimson Dynamo Registered

???

22. Spider Boy Homie G Dawg

I'm too busy to get up there... ahh!

23. padraig Registered

Just another update. Like Burke, I was one of the drivers they called. Nothing on set yet at all, they had us just doing real basic driving stuff in a parking lot. The good news for me at least is that I was pulled into the "core group" of drivers, so I will hopefully have more time down there. Don't know that I'll be able to get pictures as I'll spend my days driving up and down the street, but I'll certainly try!

24. black_dust FrEaK-A-ZoId!!!

The guys on about wayne manner and batman? whats that all about