Filming in Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by Spider Boy, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Sorry, that was a typo about Raimi. It was actually one of the producers for this film who will also be producing the newest Batman movie. Unfortunately, I didn't get picked into the core set of drivers, but I've been asked to do some other stuff, so who knows how long I'll be on set.

They did confirm today that shooting will be of an armored car chase sequence, though. That should be pretty cool.

2. Spider-Ranger aka Goran

Now you could tell us a lot of bs but if this is really true, then I think we have another confirmation to the Q&A! :up:

3. Batspider77 "SPOILER JUNKIE"

GG is right its time for some Pics,it seems like Spiderman 3 is the Area 51 of Movies.

4. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

And as it should be.

Unlike the other two big franchises that launched around the same time as Spidey (LotR and HP) we don't know what the flip is going to happen in this film (the majority of the people familiar with the Rings and Potter books knew, of course, what would take place, so why would the studio need to be as secretive). Couple this with the fact that we had a semi-cliffhanger ending (with Harry) and you can't expect pictures to be rolling in like a flood, especially when the damn thing is still a year away.

5. It is definitely a confirmed topic. The precision driving director explained the 'weave' formation that we were all tested on and explained that there will be an armored car chase sequence. We were also told that we will only be used as on-coming traffic on the opposite side of the street because they have 25 stunt drivers coming in to do all of the 'beating and banging'.

6. my parents wont take me....
    hopefully we'll see some pics on the internet after the filming.

7. Visionary Registered

Get rid of your parents...for they are useless to us.:o

8. padraig Registered

I'll go ahead and confirm that one too. I was in a different group of drivers and he absolutely mentioned an armored car repeatedly when explaining the formation to us and how it all works. He didn't tell us the oncoming traffic part, but that does make sense from other things he told us (that even though we'll be in this formation we likely won't have anyone weaving through us).

9. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

Had me hook line and sinker until you brought up that Batman ****.

10. padraig Registered

If you mean you don't believe about the armored car, you can believe that part. I don't know about anything with Batman, but as someone else that was there for the driving, the armored car was absolutely mentioned as being part of at least one scene they're shooting in Cleveland involving the drivers.

11. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

I believe everything except the Batman part is what I said. I am hoping that part was just an attempt at humor.

12. padraig Registered

Ok cool, just making sure I understood you correctly.

13. Actually, sorry to say that it is a true statement that the Union Club may be used as Wayne Manor. Sorry to mix DC and Marvel, but I had to give up some juicy inside information. My cousin, Scott, is the VP of Operations and he's been rubbing elbows with the producers for the last week. The club's renovations were cataloged in a recent business magazine. It really looks cool.

14. Joined:
    May 10, 2003
    :(. I wish they'd come down here & film a scene.:o

15. Nebins Registered

Filming starts tomorrow right? Anyone going?

16. Visionary Registered

There's going to be thousands of people there, action scene to boot, with plenty of on-lookers, someone has to take pictures of this...I hope.:cool:

17. Shooting may get postponed due to rain! Latest forecast says it's supposed to rain for the next two days. Shooting may not start until Sunday now.

18. Maximum Carnage Tanned User

Florida gets nothing, you should know that! What do we get .. Punisher. That's it.

19. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

I live in Tampa (where the Punisher was shot). We flocked to see that flippin' movie just to see our city on the big screen. Then we walked out wishing we got our money back. :D

20. General_Grievous Registered

Why on Earth would this Union Club be used as Wayne Manor in the sequel to Batman Begins? It was stated at the end of the film that the manor would be rebuilt "brick for brick" and as the manor used resides in England, I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

If you have Batman news, tell the guys over in the Batman forums.

Sorry for sounding so negative, but we get so many noobs claiming to have new news that just turns out to be crap. But I'll take your word about the driving stuff, be sure to try and get pictures, or a more extensive breakdown of what is happening in the scene.

21. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

For anyone who missed it on SHH's main page

22. Mister Gone Master of His Toaster!

If you are gonna take pictures make sure to shoot a short video clips (if your camera supports it). I don't think we can handle another dummy/ not dummy armeggadon.

23. padraig Registered

I'll be there, and I'll take a camera, but seeing as how I'm going to be driving and am actually part of the action, it'll be hard for me to take pictures! I don't know if they've been going since 5, I'm just there from 2-8.

24. Mister Gone Master of His Toaster!

Lol, just make sure you don't accidentally run over the guy in the Venom suit and cause massive heart attacks in the fanboys when they hear Venom won't be in the movie anymore.

25. padraig Registered

haha, true, true. Well, I won't have to worry about that as I'm heading out the door minus my digital camera as it's acting up and I don't have the time to fuss with it to figure out what's up. Hopefully I'll have more days in the coming week and can get shots of at least something.