Filming in Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by Spider Boy, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Mister Gone Master of His Toaster!

Good luck! I wish I could be in it too! You Lucky Duck!

2. Spider-Ranger aka Goran

I hope that someone will take a photo of the black suit, cause I'd really like to see it... it's a great desire!! However, I don't think that spidey's gonna weat the black suit in the car chase.

Oh man, that would be fantastic... just like all the pics we have from SM1+2 in his red-and-blue suit... but this time it entirely black! OMG, I can't get my head around it yet! :D

3. Mister Gone Master of His Toaster!

It's just a black suit lol. I will be curious (if it is seen) if they made any changes ahem.... white spider?

4. Spider-Ranger aka Goran

No... I don't think there'll be a white spider, but they could enlarge his regular spider

5. Mister Gone Master of His Toaster!

Maybe a white spider on the back? I hope they throw in something if it is the sybiote suit :( Just for the look of it. If it HAS to be Venom, I hope he looks right.

6. Spider-Ranger aka Goran

But there's no reason for a white spider IMO

7. Mister Gone Master of His Toaster!

Well, just for the sake of the Venom fans, granted there is no Spider-Woman to base the design on, but I think it would be a dissapointment to all the people that really wanted to see a comic accurate Venom

8. klown23 Registered

Anyone knows Cleveland a bit? Cause maybe we could have a bit preview watching the "Traffic live cams"....

9. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

Not much but here's an interesting little blog from a pedestrian...

10. Mister Gone Master of His Toaster!

Sweet, too bad he didn't stick around for more info, sounds like a lot of work, maybe a pivitol scene

11. bigballs Guest

I work on Euclid Avenue "within" the filming zone. They have basically done a ton of setup work today, getting all the vehicles situated, getting the empty storefronts "filled"....a lot of art galleries for what it's worth.
    All the Cleveland references are being removed......our building was asked to remove the State of Ohio flag and they will be covering our sign as it includes the name Cleveland....
    So nothing major has happened today.
    Now, I am guessing that the majority of the filiming will be taking place down at Public Square and my building is down towards E.14th street (they have the road closed from 18th to Public Square). The trailers and such are in a parking lot a bit east and on the other side of the street but our building manager has been informed that there will be some filming done in front of our building.....
    I will try and post some more on Monday. If you have a specific question, I'll consult with the "office walkers" to see if I can get more information.......

12. Spider Boy Homie G Dawg

::UPDATE - CLEVELAND REPORTS::

Here's a report that I found.

"So, Spiderman 3 is filming downtown today, right in front of my building! The whole area is closed off, and when I arrived they were apparently setting up for a car chase, or so someone speculated. In the lot across the street from my building, which I've been looking down on from my window, they've set up a ton of trailers, and on the back of a truck I can see a huge crane with a camera on it. They also just backed out a blue truck that said "Manhattan Safe (something)" on it. I guess the producers thought that the area where I work looks Manhattan-esque enough, and they've brought in NYC cabs and have changed signs, etc."

source: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=7887119&blogID=112517886

Could this be extended filming of the Los Angeles Bank scene? There's been numerous rumors that Cleveland is being used for a car chase (this source adding to it) and if the safe is to represent perhaps money from a bank, this could be the same bank robbery scene. Remember how Chris Tucker and Black Spidey got into a taxi - Car Chase! It's possible.

Oh, and here's something else that I found. Pay attention to the bold words.

"Spiderman 3 began filming in Cleveland today right in front of my building. I'll have to post some pics soon but it's really pretty cool. I have never seen a major production in the works before. So many people. They will be filming here for the next 2 weeks. Kind of a pain in the ass because all the streets are closed off. There is about 15 cars in front of my building that are supposed to be ran over by a tank sometime in the next 2 days. None of the cars have engines or license plates. It should be pretty amazing to see."

source: http://spaces.msn.com/faustus/Blog/cns!972FE0A9152F4676!241.entry

Sounds wicked cool ;)

13. bigballs Guest

There are a quite a few cars on the street. Many have had NY license plates added (over top of the OH plates)......there are obvious enhancements to a number of cars for stunt purposes and as I posted previously, many of the vacant store fronts have been "made-over".....
    nothing has happened yet. I'm guessing most of that will take place either tonight (if it's a night scene obviously) or over the weekend when there are fewer people working down here. Across from the Wyndham Hotel there were at least 30 cars parked bumper to bumper probably waiting to be positioned up and down the street. Some look as if they are "disposable" but some of the other more expensive models are likely just for show......

14. Spider Boy Homie G Dawg

Well the disposable car look helps prove that some sort of tank or something will cause damage to them ;) :up:

Have you seen anything like the 'safe' truck or anything that might relate the filming to a bank?

15. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

Quite possibly.

16. GoldGoblin Registered

The cars being ran over by a tank,that could be an armored truck,there like tanks.

17. dr venture Registered

[​IMG][​IMG] that is the funniest thing i've heard all day

18. Spidey-Sean Registered

I bet, considering Chris Tucker's onscreen personality and the fact he is a comedian, he'll pull his taxi over for spidey because spidey is "black". He'll probably say something like "No problem, anything for a brother". Should be a funny scence. But I still wonder why spider-man needs to take a cab. Maybe doesn't know his way around part of town?
    I just realized someone may have already mentioned a joke like this when his cameo was announced, sorry if it is so.

19. Visionary Registered

This sounds damn cool, and I think he's talking about a truck or the armored truck that's been spotted...not a tank. Although a tank would be cool too.:cool:
    I think that scene was reported that Spidey jumped on top of the cab or something, not riding inside of it.

20. Mister Gone Master of His Toaster!

looks like it may be rained out for today

21. carnomlio Guest

sounds like a little bit of ultimate spider man.with venom and the guns and ect

22. Dr. Lankyman Registered

Perhaps the tank will represent Sandman who will be added in later with CGI. Huh? Huh? whatta ya think?

23. dr venture Registered

^ that's what i was thinking

24. Mister Gone Master of His Toaster!

Yup, looks like all action is over for today due to rain :p

25. Spider-Ranger aka Goran

Or they need the tank to demolish the cars so that they look like sandman destroyed them with his hammer or whatever...??