Filming in Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by Spider Boy, Feb 8, 2006.

1. padraig Registered

Hey all, just got home, so I figured I would pop in with some updates, not that I have anything major.

They didn't really film anything today, just background stuff. There were only about 20-25 of us called down there (as opposed to 200 or so that will be walking the streets during actual filming). Basically they put NY plates over our plates and had us park them down by Playhouse Square (the theater district in Cleveland). They then proceeded to stick us in a room in what is basically "home base" for them at E. 9th and Euclid. After hours or sitting around someone came in and informed us they were wrapped shooting what they were doing for the day and they would let us know if they needed us the next day.

Seeing as how I'm one of the core drivers, as of now I'm not on for tomorrow, but they said to expect a call tonight because the drivers were not put on the list they had, it was a seperate list.

Only real news is that they told us it's supposed to be a "business district" and it's set fall/winter. Indeed empty storefronts were converted over to different things for the movie, and signs were hung off the light poles for the Gugenheim.

Also I know I won't be able to provide any pictures as that was rule #1 they laid down. I may like you guys, but not enough to get sent home from the shoot. :O

2. Spidey-Sean Registered

That makes a heck of a lot more sense. Whoops!:O

3. Mister Gone Master of His Toaster!

Did ya get to wet, that really came out of no where

4. klown23 Registered

What tank are you talking about? All I saw was an armored truck...

5. dr venture Registered

we won't tell nobody;)

6. Spider-Ranger aka Goran

Actually, that`s what I meant
    Sorry :O

7. Visionary Registered

Did you hear anything about snow scenes? I'm desperate to see Spidey webslinging during a blizzard.:O

8. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

I guess Spider-man DID come to cleveland...:eek:

;)

[​IMG]

9. dr venture Registered

^ some strange people in this world

10. GoldGoblin Registered

So were going to have a winter setting for S-M3?

11. Spider Boy Homie G Dawg

One of the set reports said that there were plans to use a "tank."

12. General_Grievous Registered

The brilliant news just keeps coming in, drip by drip...

I'm really excited about a fall/winter setting for the films, I always dreamed of seeing Spidey on film swinging in the snow, just like a panel out of Spider-Man: Blue...

The other films have had a summery setting where it's mostly sunny - rain, snow and wind are all powerful tools and could signal a much darker film in tone.

I like the fact that all these cars are getting destroyed - without much detail, at least we know that we are in for a fun ride. Hopefully, Sandman driving away a money truck with Spidey in hot (or cold) pursuit.

13. Spider Boy Homie G Dawg

::ANOTHER CLEVELAND UPDATE::

Parts of "Spider-Man 3" are being filmed right outside my hotel!!!! There's a sign posted in the elevator saying they plan on filming some chase scenes inside the hotel lobby too. Nifty. It was cool seeing the film crews this morning while walking down to the conference hotel, but they weren't doing anything special then. I walked down the closed street, looking around me, wondering how they're going to make partially blighted, downtown Cleveland look like New York. Ah well, movie magic at its finest.
    source:http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=56829962&blogID=112699822

INSIDE the lobby... eh? Very cool :up:

14. padraig Registered

I wouldn't count on snow, they're definitely going more towards the "fall" direction I think. That was just the description the wardrobe people gave us so we had a better idea for clothes to wear.

I am back on set tomorrow, and they should be fully shooting as they've got 200 extras and everyone is being told to bring wardrobe with them. Gotta go for now though, 6:30 am is going to come very early and I've still got to figure out a second pair of pants to bring so they have options.

And as for the question, no, I didn't get too wet. We were cut for the day just as it was starting to drizzle.

15. General_Grievous Registered

Wonder if the lobby is inside the bank, or a different building that the chase spills into...?

16. Spider Boy Homie G Dawg

It would be cool to see a car crash into a building... but we'd probably know more about preparations for it by now.

17. General_Grievous Registered

A scene like that could be created entirely in CGI, but undoubtedly there would have been some preperation made, debris, etc.

I want to see more of the armoured truck.

18. MrSpyder Spider-Man's in the MCU

Sure is quite a bit happening in Cleveland

19. Spider Boy Homie G Dawg

Perhaps they leave the car and then swing/sandify their way through the lobby?!

20. tzarinna Mamochka

I'm getting so stoked reading what's going on. It maybe small but knowing the wheels are in moition makes me so giddy.

21. Good news! I got called last night, too. They didn't tell me anything about the wardrobe, though, so thanks for the heads-up Padarig. Maybe I'll see you there.

22. MrSpyder Spider-Man's in the MCU

Scooper 'Pat' sent in this report on the shooting of Spider-Man 3 in Cleveland, Ohio:

Hello everybody, my name is Pat and i was down in Cleveland last night. I was walking around the set there were new york cabs, fake stores and cars that were set to blow up. It was cool, there was a huge sign that said "in HEART with NY." There were posters of footloose all over the place and fake restaurants. What really got me was what the head of security said. I asked him exactly what they were filming there he said "some sort of chase scene" he said it was either Electro or Venom that Spidey was chasing. Ohhh, one more thing, Sam Raimi will be in today and they are still taking people as extras. This will continue all week. From what the security guy told me, "all the cars you see are going to be destroyed.

What next the sinister six? I wish Sony would say something.

23. Spider Boy Homie G Dawg

24. Awesome. That Flannigan's Pub used to be a Wendy's, it's on the corner across from the House of Blues and on the block where I used to work as a nightclub singer. Us girls used to eat at Wendy's after rehearsal (but it shut down an has been vacant for a while now).

That street was all vacant. Perfect spot for them to film!

I now work at a music agency, and we had a bride book one of our bands for tonight; she's getting married on the street that is closed, so she's pissed.

They sure as hell better not be "still taking extras." I stood in line for about an hour with 2,999 other folks and they have my number!

25. PS interestingly enough, just one block away and on the same street as the fake Flannigan's, is a REAL Irish pub called, if I'm not mistaken, Flannery's! If you stood on E 4th you could see both of them!