FINAL CRISIS: Superman and the Legion of 3 worlds

at least [BLACKOUT]johns resurrection fever worked out in our favor, not once, but TWICE[/BLACKOUT]:yay:

So now that Superboy is back. What will be his fate. Flash Reborn obviously takes place after. But where does the current superman story take place. Either Connor is

Going back to the grave
Staying in the 31st century
Dc is simply waiting for the rest of the dc universe to catch up(like how they did with the final crisis)

I'm about 90% certain that Conner will be the star of the new Adventure Comics series. Why? It was postponed from its original June start date because Lo3W #5 is supposed to come out in June now, plus the Legion needs a Superboy. Conner allows them to have one while simultaneously giving it a fresh new spin, since he's very much not the same sort of Superboy that Clark was.

Of course, I also have that 10% of doubt that says Superboy Prime is somehow going to be redeemed, as Clark vowed to do earlier in Lo3W, and he'll be the star of Adventure Comics. But that seems unlikely.

Oh, f*** nuggets, that is awesome. I knew the art was great already because we heard Francis Manapul was working on it a few months ago, but damn, Conner's back in full effect! Still the boring plain clothes costume, but that's not really a big deal. I'm just glad he's going to get a bit of the spotlight again and finally be integrated into the Superman mythos as more than just "that clone of Superman who's a kid."

I bet that remaining blacked-out figure on the bottom-left of the cover is Superboy Prime, who could easily be a recurring nemesis for Conner.

OH HELL YEAH!!!! now that's how you do a splash page.
I'm Superboy!!! That was cool as hell! Freakin prime is the[BLACKOUT]Time Trapper?!?! That cat has some serious powers going on.Damn he high near unbeatable cool[/BLACKOUT]

Ugh I don't want to pick up another book.

Go away.

Quiet, you. You'll read about Conner in Adventure Comics and you'll love it. :o

I'll do that when you read about Hal in Green Lantern.

You're gonna have a long wait without Conner awesomeness, then. :csad:

I wonder if Wonder Girl will finally be a readable character again. . .

She already is in Teen Titans. She was actually cheerful and not at all angsty or b****y in the issues I read recently.

No big loss. I like Taskmaster and Rafa Sandoval's art, so I'll continue reading for them, but the premise of a bunch of villains training a bunch of other villains to fool the public into thinking they're heroes isn't as compelling as the previous status quo to me.

She already is in Teen Titans. She was actually cheerful and not at all angsty or b****y in the issues I read recently.

Until she meets Connor. . . and then, ANGST-DRAMA again.

so has it been explained how bart and conner have come back or do they just appear

We've yet to see either of them properly "introduced" back in the normal timeline. Bart does appear in Flash: Rebirth, but that seemingly takes place after they've already been readjusted.

Bart's was Speed Force confusion but Connor's was pretty cool. He has been in Superman Kryptonian Birthing Matrix for 1000 years healing (put in by the gravedigger, starman in out present) and it needed a piece of Lex's hair.

Thats weird considering Geoff Johns and others in the past 6 years or so have retconned the Kryptonian birthing matrix stuff.

Its wasnt the birthing matrix(like the one introduced in Man of steel) but the chamber that Superman used when brought back to life. Now if this all doesn't just make the teen titans tomorrow weird. All they need to do now is get Red Devil his power back and kick off the nobodies and put the young justice group back in the titans.

If this is meant to be a rebirth for DC back to its most iconic forms, I imagine that might actually happen. But I'm not holding my breath.

Hahaha Newsarama just spoilt the ending to this in their Dan DiDio video (well Spoilt what happens to someone specifically).

[blackout]Superboy Prime punches Time Trapper-Superboy Prime, and like some matter/anti-matter thing, he explodes and is literally erased from the universe (he turns into a b&w version of himself, then just pencils, then the circle-with-lines-through-it sketch version, and then gone).

He awakes back on Earth-Prime, finally home. He sees his family and girlfriend Lori, and she runs away. His family can't believe what he did...as they pull copies of the Legion of Three Worlds comic. An undisclosed amount of time later, after "what happened to Lori," he's screaming at his parents to bring him a grilled cheese, while he's reading Lo3W #5. Animal Man-style, he yells at the reader to leave him alone, knocking over a long box filled with all his appearances, and goes back to posting on the DC Message Board in a thread about how Superboy Prime can be redeemed.[/blackout]

Of all the ways to end it for Superboy-Prime. . .

If anything, Superman failed to redeem him. He's beyond redemption now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"