Final Fantasy XV

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by Zenien, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Bruce

The Bruce The First and Best

This is why I think it's gonna be a long time before we see a next gen of consoles. Imagine the wait for a FF game for the PS4

2. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

I really hope this console generation lasts longer than 4-5 years. The Xbox 360 is already close to passing the 3 year mark and they're most likely likely to make the jump first and the others will have to follow

3. Fading

Fading ---

My guess is the PS3 is going to be around for a long while. They still have yet to streamline the hardware costs. I can't see them jumping into even more expensive hardware just yet. The Phoenix on the other hand I see being given a release date in 2 years. If the rumor from the Xbox forums is right, Halo 4 was already announced as a Phoenix launch title. Which means their alrdy working on games for it. Some games take 3-5 years to develop, and since Bungie has done so many Halo games they probably have it down to a science, so probably 3 years to make it when they start.

The good news tho, IMO, is that developers are already starting to understand the cell processor. So hopefully by next gen they'll use it better, and Sony will find a way to keep costs down.

4. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Looks like Alan Rickman (Snape from Harry Potter). lol

5. Havok83

Wow I cant beleive its been a year since this thread has been posted in. Well, finally some Final Fantasy VS XIII info
    '
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176584

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1037157p1.html

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  6. eternalinferno

eternalinferno Well-Known Member

is this game gonna be showcased at E3?

7. eternalinferno

eternalinferno Well-Known Member

double post

8. Electro UK

Electro UK Can't all be for nothing

I dunno. Agito XIII is the next game to be release (the PSP one), but it's entirley possible they show off this now too.

9. Havok83

It is? I havent heard anything about Agito in ages. Last time I saw it, it was jus a few screenshots in very early stages. Im hoping Vs XIII comes out next year but I wouldnt be surprised if its a 2012 title unfortunately

10. Fading

Fading ---

Heh, gotta love going off of info at the time. The Phoenix? I remember someone mentioning that as a potential name. I guess the Halo I was talking about was Reach, and in a small sense if they play Natal up it's kinda a console relaunch...lol, huge stretch.

Anyway, back to Vs. XIII and helping bump it, the more I hear on this the better it sounds. I like the talk of it being more open world. I never played a Kingdom Heart game, so no clue what a merge of that gameplay + a somewhat classic feel would be like, so can't comment on that. My guess is tho that it'll release 2011. With both XIII and XIV launching in 2010, I doubt they'd want to launch all 3 of their major FF titles within the same year. Vs. XIII has to have enough done to warrant an E3 trailer this year atleast tho. I think Sony should show it off a bit this year, then if it releases next year the hype train will already have been started on it.

11. Havok83

Not much, but finally some word on the game

[​IMG]

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/14/g...c/joystiq+(Joystiq)&utm_content=Google+Reader

12. KALEL114

KALEL114 Impending Return

http://www.thelostgamer.com/2010/03/17/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-sees-return-of-world-map-airships/

13. uchiha_itachi

Erm what? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL YEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Havok83

There are now rumors that FF VS XIII will end up on the 360 with an E3 announcement. Good lord I hope not. After the disappointment that FF XII was presumably bc they had to scale back in order to make it work on both systems, I hope Square-Enix leaves VS XIII alone as it is. I want to see a FF game created for the PS3, taking full advantage of the hardware and the space that BR offers. I dont want to see them start chopping things away and taking things out that are standard to FF games in order to accomodate a multiplatform release

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=109495&page=1#

15. Tron Bonne

Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

There's absolutely no real truth to those rumors, though. The only thing that made people speculate that is the supposed 'game length' that was cut, but all that was cut very early in the development stage, probably before the 360 version was even being worked on. Plus, I have doubts about what kind of content was really cut

Unless a team member leaves Square and flatout says that was the case, I doubt FFXIII would have been all that different. It was simply a different direction than previous titles.

16. Havok83

Im not sure if I beleive that. FF XIII was in development for a long time. Much longer than expected. For a game that took so long to develop and got delayed s long, it was suprising that it had noticeably less content than the previous title. It wasnt even comparable to the 2 previous main ones that came out before it. It was light on the features and very limited. I dont beleive everything that was cut was decided early in development process. It felt more like it was rushed bc they needed to finally release the thing bc they were taking too long and they needed to release it at the same time on both systems, so they had to scale back and trim down enough so that these deadlines and goals could be met.

At any rate, I really hope that the flaws which plagued XIII do not occur with VS XIII. The FF series used to be the crown jewel franchise of RPGs. FF was synonymous with top quality. FF XIII was the most critcized game in the franchise and tarnished Square-Enix's once pristine reputation. From what Ive played, I dont mind it like others but the fact is it got slammed pretty bad for a FF game across the net, in reviews, among gamers, etc... FF VS XIII is a chance to redeem themselves and I hope they dont repeat their most recent mistakes with this outing. I hope what they bring to the table is what most FF would expect bc if feel they are forced to start chopping away at it, linearizing what they have adn limiting the gameplay and options, they are going to find themselves in the same situation they just were in

17. Tron Bonne

Well, it's what they said, unless they were lying about it, the majority of that content was cut very early on. I'm still very iffy on what the content was, we were never given a list, I think a lot of the 'game length' comments were hyperbolic. Until there's proof otherwise, I just don't buy into the theory.

And long development time doesn't necessarily guarantee all that stuff. You look at something like Alan Wake; it was in development for 5-6 years but wasn't stuffed with huge amounts of side stuff. There's a lot of different factors in game development.

18. Havok83

I havent played Alan Wake so I comment on it. Its a new IP with nothing from the past to reference or expand upon. Its not quite the same. Its not a long established franchise with standard features and expectations which appear in most of the games. Ive only played the FF games since the PS2 and they were all comparable in length and content. most have been playing alot longer than I have and have certain expectations when they do play a new title

19. Tron Bonne

Well, that's kind of irrelevant to the point. Established franchise or brand new IP, development time is not always synonymous with those kinds of features. There's a variety of different issues in game development

20. Superhero 101

i really hope Microsoft doesn't get versus XIII but knowing how Microsoft always steals an exclusive i will not be surprised.

21. Brainiac 8

Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Isn't it better to have it multiplatform so more people can enjoy the game?

It always seems like such a silly argument to me.

22. Havok83

I dont think people care so much that its multiplatform as much as that making it so will affect the quality and content of the game. People want the best game possible, not one thats scaled back in order to accomodate multiple systems. The best looking PS3 games tend to be the ones that are exclusive, bc they are specifically built and developed to take advantage of its hardware and this usually allows developers to do things that they cant with multiplatform games bc they go in with a mindset of keeping things on the same level in order to simplify things for themselves

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  23. Havok83

New Info!

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/23/flying_get/

24. Fading

Fading ---

Open world map up to the mountains...:awesome:. That coupled with the airship talk from earlier takes this up to a 10 on my must have meter lol. The cloud particle talk, destructible elements on the road, and recent screen shots have me believing this is going to be one beautiful more current gen level game than XIII was.

Now that I've had time to let XIII fully sinc in, I still stand by my saying it's one of my top FF's (Behind 6, 7, and 8, and pretty much around 9 to me if not just a bit ahead of it). Now all the usual complaints aside, I want to bring up a new one...replayability. Recently I tried to start up a second run thru of the game, and I just couldn't do it. It was great for my first run thru, however this is the first FF I've played that I just didn't care to play thru again. The beginning of RPG's are amongst my favorite parts of the genre, especially when you're playing thru armed with knowledge on how to build your character. However when I loaded up a new game, part of me wondered if it wouldn't be better to just level up my old character.

Now I'm not saying I'll never play FFXIII again, but on my first run thru I never imagined the linearity would effect me that much considering how much I liked XIII the first time around. The reason I bring this up is that it sounds like VS is much, much more open ended. If it retains that XIII epic level feeling, and then one ups it with replayability, and pretty much everything else, then this game is truely going to be one epic FF.

25. shinra_27

shinra_27 Active Member

@ FadingCB your right XIII does not have great replay value. SO far it is also the only FF game I haven't wanted to replay. I will admit I am a ****e for Square Enix and I have played all of the FF games. Maybe in a few years...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.