Final Fantasy XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY some news. Square-Enix WILL debut some gameplay footage next month at TGS. Hopefully this will open the floodgates with more info popping up after and hopefully a Japanese release date next year

FFV13-Minimal-TGS.jpg

Tetsuya Nomura, speaking to fans through The 3rd Birthday’s official Twitter account, has hinted that Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII will have a minimal presence at the Tokyo Game Show next month. Currently, Nomura is in the preparations phase for the megaton of Japanese expos.

In the updates, Nomura mentioned that new promotional videos for Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, The 3rd Birthday, and his next unannounced title will all be revealed at the show. Following, he said that Versus XIII and Agito XIII are being condensed into a single “short notice” under the Fabula Nova Crystallis banner. Under that banner, they will showcase short, one-minute long trailers for Versus XIII and Agito XIII. It’ll demonstrate real-time footage of the gameplay screenshots that appeared in Famitsu and Dengeki this past June. This will be shown exclusively on the monitors in the demo line areas rather than in the open theater. Be sure to take those cell phones.

The Tokyo Game Show begins on September 16. Let’s hope the minimality of Versus XIII’s presence is marked with something substantial. Let that footage wow us, Nomura.
http://scrawlfx.com/2010/08/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-to-debut-short-gameplay-footage-at-tgs

Nice, I really need PS3 by the time this game comes out, it looks great and can't wait to see some game footage. Unless it will also comes out for the 360, it has a very small possibility but still I'm hoping for it.

Can't wait to see it. I've always been way more interested in this than XIII.

Same. I'll be my house that TGS holds at 360 announcement too.

Is this an action/rpg or a turn-based rpg?

So this game isn't FFXIII-2, but would this game have the same fighting engine? Or this an adventure game?

So this game isn't FFXIII-2, but would this game have the same fighting engine? Or this an adventure game?
well its not called XIII-2 and never has. No it will not have the same battle system. This will be an action RPG, similarly to how Kingdom Hearts was

They should just rename this game to FFXV. With how long SE takes to make games anymore it will be 10 years before we see another Final Fantasy.

New Final Fantasy VS XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII trailer
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82349/final-fantasy-versus-amp-agito-xiii-tgs-trailers/

They should just rename this game to FFXV. With how long SE takes to make games anymore it will be 10 years before we see another Final Fantasy.
maybe, I think they want to keep the XIII bc thats how its being marketed and all the games that fall under the XIII share a common theme which connects them. Its like all the FF VII games

I was just being snarky when I said that. Obviously we don't really know what this common theme is, but you could say that for all of the Final Fantasy games. They all have the same basic themes. The FFVII games and movies didn't just share themes they were direct sequels and prequels. As far as I know none of the FFXIII characters are in Versus or Agito. They don't even look like the same world. Obviously I don't know how they connect but from what I've seen so far they don't really seem like they do. Hopefully when they come out it will all pull together and be fantastic. I don't have my hopes up though.

Square Enix has just really put me off lately. I understand games like this take a considerable amount of time to make but they're really pushing it lately. They announced this game back in 2006 along with FFXIII if I'm not mistaken. I'm willing to bet VS won't come out until 2012. That's 6 years they've been working on this game since they announced it, who knows how long it was in development before that. When I see games like Uncharted 2, Arkham Asylum and Red Dead Redemption coming out in a fraction of the time it makes me wonder what the heck is taking so long. I realize that rpgs are supposed to be bigger and more complicated to make but if you take away the flashy graphics of XIII there really wasn't a lot of content there.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable but their development cycles take way too long compared to what other companies are putting out. They'll have been working on this one title for almost 25% of the time they've been making Final Fantasy games.

I was just being snarky when I said that. Obviously we don't really know what this common theme is, but you could say that for all of the Final Fantasy games. They all have the same basic themes. The FFVII games and movies didn't just share themes they were direct sequels and prequels. As far as I know none of the FFXIII characters are in Versus or Agito. They don't even look like the same world. Obviously I don't know how they connect but from what I've seen so far they don't really seem like they do. Hopefully when they come out it will all pull together and be fantastic. I don't have my hopes up though.
Yes we do know what the theme is. All of the games fall under the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII banner. The crystalls are supposed to play an integral role in all the XIII games. The mythology behind that is allegedly the driving force behind the story and worlds and what ties the games together more so than lets say FFXII to FFXIII. They arent direct sequels/prequels of each other but they share that common thread and from a marketing standpoint, why they are being kept together. Probably a better example than FFVII is the Ivalice Alliance, SE's other collection of similar themed games, consisting of Vagrant Story, FF Tactics series and FFXII and Revenant Wings

Last edited:
I think they should drop the XIII from the title if for no other reason than it's probably not a good idea to associate stuff with that game.

I think they should drop the XIII from the title if for no other reason than it's probably not a good idea to associate stuff with that game.
LOL...there are alot of people including myself that hope that VS XIII can help redeem that abomination. If its great, I'll just ignore the game that preceeded it and treat that as the true FF XIII

So...crystals are the binding theme to XIII and Versus? The same could be said for every Final Fantasy game.

Look, I don't want to argue with you because I'm sure we want the same thing. We want a fun series of games that tell a great story. I see what they're doing with the Fabula Nova Crystallis banner and I'm sure it will turn out great. My point was, quite frankly, they take too damn long to do anything. They don't need to announce a game 6 years ahead of when it's supposed to come out. We know they're making a new Final Fantasy game. They'll be making them until there isn't a Square Enix company anymore. Then after that some other company will buy their properties and keep putting out Final Fantasy games.

They obviously didnt expect it to take this long. Their biggest problem was that they were being too ambitious with this project . If I recall correctly, both games were supposed to come out around the same time in 2008/2009. It wasnt announced in 2006 with the intent on releasing it in 2012.. Im thinking it will be finished and released in at least Japan next year. Probably worldwide some time after.

Last edited:
Isn't this game going multiplat?
its been rumored ever since FFXIII went multiplatform. 2 years later there's been no news or announcement of that. As of now, its still a PS3 exclusive

Isn't this game going multiplat?

Personally, I doubt it.

Microsoft went through a lot of hassle to get Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360 and I don't think that they are willing to give Square-Enix the breaks that they gave them with the core Final Fantasy XIII title (advertising, probably dropping the massive royalty fees once a publisher goes beyond two discs, maybe even more). Especially since the PS3 version sold far, far, far more than the 360 version. Also all of the games that Microsoft hyped up for Square-Enix (Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant) flat out bombed. Why would Microsoft give special treatment when Square-Enix's performance doesn't deserve it?

And then you have to take a look at Square-Enix's point of view where porting Final Fantasy Versus XIII just isn't worth it. Since development on a 360 version has most likely not started yet, announcing a 360 version will delay the game even more (because separate release dates tends to hurt the version that comes out later in sales). And Square-Enix just wants this damn game to be done now, the amount of development time it has taken to make the Final Fantasy XIII games has been an embarassment. Add in the fact that it will cost Square-Enix more money since it's unlikely that Microsoft will essentially pay for the advertisment of the game outside of Japan or give them any extra perks.

To be fair, the PS3 version sold more due to Japan hating the 360. It made a decent profit on the 360 in the states.

The PS3 version sold more in every territory, not just Japan. It did better in Europe and North America, which traditionally, the 360 tends to perform better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"