Final Theatrical Trailer Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by Avangarde, May 17, 2007.

?

Your thoughts

1. Theatrical Trailer (Shrek 3) - Great!

2. Theatrical Trailer (Shrek 3) - Good

3. Theatrical Trailer (Shrek 3) - Not Bad

4. Theatrical Trailer (Shrek 3) - Very Bad

5. Theatrical Trailer (Shrek 3) - S***!

6. New Online Trailer - Great!

7. New Online Trailer - Good

8. New Online Trailer - Not Bad

9. New Online Trailer - Very Bad

10. New Online Trailer - S***!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Theweepeople Registered

You could at least tell that Jazz and BB looked small in comparison to the other bots right?

2. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

PM me your E Mail address and i'll send it to you that way.

I just suddenly realised why there is absolutely NO SHOTS OF MEGATRON in the Shrek 3 trailer. Looks like the studio is trying to keep Meg's look secret from the GENERAL AUDIENCE, as Megatrons awaking is one of the climaxes of the film. Only us TF fans who will dig for the trailer online will see what Megs looks like via the Online trailer.....

3. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

I'd be lying if i said yes. It was one of those quick shots you see in trailers that flash by so quickly, that you don't realise what you just saw until 2-3 seconds later. I'm hoping someone can post a screnshot soon, the'r posing looked awesome from the quick memory inprint the shot left me with.

It reminded me of a shot from Rambo 2, when the rescue chopper abandons Rambo and there's a shot of him looking up at it in disbelief....

4. Theweepeople Registered

If you go to transformes live you can see the trailer attached to Shrek. I watched it and the quality is so bad I was unable to recognize the scene that had all five autobots.

http://transformerslive.blogspot.com/

5. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

I see it but it's hard to make out. Since the counter on the trailer is counting backwards it's at exactly 00:31, after a face shot of Frenzy......

6. Theweepeople Registered

I know which scene your talking about now. That scene is so dark I can't make out anything in it.:oldrazz:

7. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Yeah, remember that scene is a night scene also. It's messed up because it's such an awesome shot. As soon as it's released online you'll know to go to that minute count to see it though.

8. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

I saw the shot as well in the theater, and it was way too fast to get a good look, but I could of sworn that was Barricade in the middle of the group, and he slams his fist on the ground or something.

Need higher res dammit. :cmad:

9. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

The reason i think it's the BB capture scene is becaiuse 1)It's at night 2) There looked as though there were at least 4 bots standing there looking up and at least 2 of them remembled Jazz and Ironhide. Just my opinion.... but we do need a better resolution of that trailer.

10. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

Maybe the dark bot in the center that punches the ground is Ironhide doing a "Dammit!!" after the BB capture.

11. CFlash Registered

I just came back from seeing Shrek with my daughter. And what you describe is dead-on. It "sounds" cool when described, however, for some reason, I found myself not liking it as much as the "online" one on Yahoo (which impressed the heck out of me). It's not that different and there are some cool scenes.... but somehow, in small ways, it seemed... I dunno... more "Hollywood dumb."

I think they left out some of Shia's reaction shots (which are great) and put in more of the "one-liners." I dunno...

Anyway, the trailer fell flat in the theater I was in. Nancy Drew (which looks soooo stupid to me as an old fan of Hardy Boys) got more of a reaction than Transformers did. Then again it was a really really young crowd.

12. Hunter Rider Ronin

I want to see that Shrek 3 trailer in high res for the extended Prime shot and Lennox on the bike:cmad:

13. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

Updated page 1 with the new TV Spot and the official game trailer.

14. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

I think it fell flat because in the Shrek 3 trailer, there was absolutely no shots of Megatron other than him being frozen. Like i had stated before, i think the studio is keeping Megatrons look, at least partially, away from the GENERAL movie audiences sights, as his awakening is the big build up in the movie. Only us fans will dig through the internet to see the Online trailer, and see the new shots of Megs. In the studio's mind, the average general viewer will not.

15. RI Dawg Registered

The link on the first page to TV Spot 4 (the comcast one) doesnt work for me. Says page not found. Anyone else getting this or is it just my comp?

16. Shinobi Rendar Registered

I second that

17. Hunter Rider Ronin

18. Hey guys! I'm new around here and I can't wait for the movie hehe. Anyway for my 1st post I'd like to share something I've noticed.

WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

In the Script it states that the government and Sector 7 pretty much cover up the entire incident involving the Transformers from the world. However when I see the various trailers it doesn't seem to be the case. In the Autobot vs Decepticon battle in LA there are many bystanders.

Many people witness the battle. In the scene where Ironhide evade a missle there are two civilians in the sidewalk beside him. A boy and a mom see Bonecrusher skating through the freeway and I am certain many other drivers witness him.

Jon Voight's character in the final trailer seems to make a speech about facing war against a technological civilization. Is this part of the script being changed? Will the whole world know about the Transformers when the movie ends? Are they scrapping the Sector 7 cover up all together?

What are your opinions about this?

19. deathfromabove Registered

awesomeness. prime made "the noise". :trans: i couldnt be more excited.

20. Naite22 Registered

^ They only covered up Megatron (the first robot ever to come to earth), hiding him away from the public eye, for the last 100 years or so...

Since than, several more Decepticons have arrived on earth, hiding in disguise, looking for their leader, whom came ahead of them... But when the war breaks loose between the Autobots and the Decepticons, there's NO MORE HIDING! and the government can't do **** about it (like they could before!). They had the power to cover up the first robot coming to earth, as they found him frozen salad in the antarctic! But when an army of robot-soldiers start popping up everywhere, what more is there to hide??? How COULD they hide it?

It's just like the government covered up the supposedly crashed UFO that went down in Roswell in the 50's, and kept that a secret... BUT, how would they cover up the secret of an extra terrestrial existence when these things start popping up everywhere!!? I mean, IF that were to happen of course.

If OUR government knew about the existence of an alien civilization and they came to our planet for real, I would say it's about time they started explaining **** to the rest of the world! (hence Jon Voight as the president telling the world about what civilization they're up against)

But ask your self this! IF there really is "little green men" out there, and the government KNOWS about this... Would you REALLY wanna know!? I mean unless it became absolutely nessecary!???

21. Lunar_Wolf WTF face

22. Naite22 Registered

^we know... there's a thread on it.

23. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

Can i just say that unless they've changed his character from that leacked script then Voight is not the Pres in the movie.

I think he's the sect. Defence.

Also i wonder if all the many TVspots are being released now rather than spreading them out over the course of now->July4th?

24. Spidey Lover 10 Registered

where can i find the REGULAR quicktime or ipod downloads?

25. SpiderZero3 Registered

Those clips are something!!!Does anyone know the international release dates?