Sequels Finally a Hulk Franchise?

L0ngsh0t

Superhero
Reaction score
Is there any chance we can get Hulk going on a good foot now?

I really like Mark Ruffalo, I think he is close enough to the quality of serious actors Norton and Bana were but at the same time he does have that kinda fun-loving vibe about him that can hopefully make for a more human Bruce Banner.

I'm a Hulk homer. I don't know why, but he's the guy I'm always rooting for in this Marvel Universe, maybe it's cause he is the only one without a slam dunk film so far....

I'd really like to see a Hulk movie where the Leader is kind of in the shadows and the Leader experiments with Doc Samson etc and so it's Samson vs Hulk the whole movie, but at the end Samson chooses to fight with Hulk and they team together to take down Leader's giant robot crap but Leader ditches before we get a good look at him saving him for the sequel

something like that. Give Hulk an equal who is also a human physical enemy would be neat with Samson

Anyone have any thoughts on Hulk? I think it sounds like Ruffalo is interested in continuing the character at least. Which is nice

I'm going to wait and see how the Hulk TV show turns out. If the show ever gets off the ground and becomes successful, I seriously doubt there'll be a solo movie franchise coexisting with that. If the TV show falls through, then yeah, Hulk needs a film franchise.

Yep, everything hinges on the TV show. Though I haven't heard much about it. It does plan on having Ruffalo and being tied into the MCU, correct?

The problem with Hulk is that the expectation is that Bruce Banner is the main character, and Hulk the first antagonist/rival. The satisfaction comes from Hulk being the main character, and Banner being supporting. But Hulk doesn't have a lot of depth to carry a film, and he's too expensive to bring to life constantly to give him that depth.

But it works fine in an ensemble when you can just bring out the Hulk and have the other heroes carry the arc.

Yep, everything hinges on the TV show. Though I haven't heard much about it. It does plan on having Ruffalo and being tied into the MCU, correct?

Nope. New Banner, no ties to the MCU.

The problem with Hulk is that the expectation is that Bruce Banner is the main character, and Hulk the first antagonist/rival. The satisfaction comes from Hulk being the main character, and Banner being supporting. But Hulk doesn't have a lot of depth to carry a film, and he's too expensive to bring to life constantly to give him that depth.

I agree it is an expensive feat but saying Hulk doesn't have enough depth to carry a movie is wrong, people don't realise he is so much more than just 'Hulk smash'. A good example is Caesar in ROTPOTA, a fully CG creation who was able to carry a movie, Hulk has much more depth and character than Caesar, so if he can do it, Hulk can. We haven't seen the proper Hulk onscreen yet, I love both Hulk films but neither one showed comic Hulk, hasn't shown his character, his personality, his humanity or his humour, all of these things would give us an awesome Hulk.

I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure I read the Hulk TV show would be connected to the MCU, albeit loosely, I don't know anything about Ruffalo playing Banner though.

I would like to see as little of the actor as possible honestly. In a hulk TV show, I think it should be about the Hulk. If it is centered on him being on the run, I doubt he'd be able to calm down enough to revert back to human form.

It just seems odd that it wouldn't be in MCU continuity. Guess we'll find out if and when it gets off the ground.

I would like to see as little of the actor as possible honestly. In a hulk TV show, I think it should be about the Hulk. If it is centered on him being on the run, I doubt he'd be able to calm down enough to revert back to human form.

It just seems odd that it wouldn't be in MCU continuity. Guess we'll find out if and when it gets off the ground.

My bet is that they want to do a Hulk movie with Ruffalo and get the right director etc, but they are waiting to see what the response to Avengers Hulk is first

we still don't know what the 2014 movies are. A good bet is one of them is Cap...but I'd imagine if Hulk is well-received in Avengers the other will be Hulk

My bet is that they want to do a Hulk movie with Ruffalo and get the right director etc, but they are waiting to see what the response to Avengers Hulk is first

we still don't know what the 2014 movies are. A good bet is one of them is Cap...but I'd imagine if Hulk is well-received in Avengers the other will be Hulk

The only problem I forsee is if Hulk is so awesome in Avengers he'll have alot to live upto in his own movie, which could be pricey.

The only problem I forsee is if Hulk is so awesome in Avengers he'll have alot to live upto in his own movie, which could be pricey.

Too awesome can never be a problem

I heard the Hulk tv show is going to be set way earlier in his life. Before any of the MCU stuff but it was supposed to be in the same universe. Hopefully Hulk rocks it in TA and they decide to give him more movie love.

I was a huge fan of TIH but unfortunately the GA didn't know what to make of it after ang's Hulk. Would have been cool if they had done IM first and established MS and had an after credit scene leading into TIH but I was very happy with what we got so far

Nah, I think I read an article saying that they will take their time and think about making another Hulk movie, I mean it's a smart move considering that the 1st movie sucked and the 2nd one was a little ... let's just saying a little less exciting compared to Thor and Iron Man.

Nah, I think I read an article saying that they will take their time and think about making another Hulk movie, I mean it's a smart move considering that the 1st movie sucked and the 2nd one was a little ... let's just saying a little less exciting compared to Thor and Iron Man.

My guess is ultimatley they will make one. Maybe it won't be a franchise deal...Ruffalo will probably get 1 solo movie i'd imagine.

I think it would be a good move to show Hulk as an actual hero in a solo film. Banner has some slight control over it now. Not sure where the tension comes from...I've always felt Doc Samson would be a good anti-villain maybe have Leader make Samson to throw off Hulk and then they team up to take Leader down

I don't mean to be a negative guy at the moment. I want to see another Hulk movie badly, with a consistent lead actor.

But, Mark Ruffalo is in his mid-forties just like Downey Jr. with the amount of time to get things into production and set to go. It's only a matter of time before not even all the make up can make them look age appropriate for their respective roles. Downey even said back in 08 that he had maybe a 5-6 year window to do it. If Ruffalo gets his own, I'd only assume one (which is better than none).

I wouldn't mind someone else making me think that my opinion is wrong, I could use a boost in optimism on this topic.

I don't mean to be a negative guy at the moment. I want to see another Hulk movie badly, with a consistent lead actor.

But, Mark Ruffalo is in his mid-forties just like Downey Jr. with the amount of time to get things into production and set to go. It's only a matter of time before not even all the make up can make them look age appropriate for their respective roles. Downey even said back in 08 that he had maybe a 5-6 year window to do it. If Ruffalo gets his own, I'd only assume one (which is better than none).

I wouldn't mind someone else making me think that my opinion is wrong, I could use a boost in optimism on this topic.

I think the safe bet is that Ruffalo does 3 Avengers movies and gets 1 solo film.

If the solo film absolutely kills it, beyond all expectations they might get a 2nd one.

I think we'll get 1 more solo Hulk movie in this cycle of Avengers films though. Especially if Hulk reception continues to be as strong

Which Hulk story would you like to see adapted though?

Planet Hulk is a good one but I suppose post John Carter Disney might be a little frightened of it.

Right now I'm not holding my breath for a new Hulk movie. I think at best, his next movie is the Avengers 2.

Is Marvel Changing Their Tune? Solo 'Hulk' Movie Being Eyed For 2015 Release According To Marvel Entertainment Head
Edward Davis said:
There have been three iterations of Marvel's Incredible Hulk character onscreen not counting Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno's iconic portraits of the character on TV in the late 1970s. Universal and Ang Lee's 2003 take on the character starring Eric Bana is a fan favorite in some circles, but it was far from successful and in this writer's mind, wasn't at all good. Marvel Studios got the rights back to the character in time for a 2008 version of the film directed by Louis Leterrier and starring Edward Norton and while it features a strong first act and some good character work reportedly written and pushed by the star himself, the picture devolves into a clamorous third act that is a mess of action and nothing more. While this writer hasn't seen the third construction in Joss Whedon's "The Avengers" starring Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner and the titular green behemoth, by all accounts the character has seen thumbs up approval from critics and fans alike (read our most recent version of "The Avengers" review here).

Still, when asked recently if a third solo "Hulk" film could be on the horizon, Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige pretty much confirmed that plan wasn't in the cards. "Well, no. This was [the character's] other shot, right?," Feige told the Huffington Post in reference to the Hulk In "The Avengers" film. "I mean, this was the third appearance of Hulk and everything that we had and were going for, we put in to Hulk's appearance in 'Avengers.' So, I love that people are saying that and are feeling that way about Hulk, but mission accomplished at this point."

Yet this runs contrary to a more recent interview in Forbes with Paul Gitter, Marvel Entertainment's President of Consumer Products for North America. Evidently the Hulk has been tracking so well in audience popularity thanks to "The Avengers" film Marvel are revising their game plan.

Forbes says Marvel executives have been “pleasantly surprised by the phenomenal response” to the green monster turned super hero, and expect this fan popularity to further grow once "The Avengers" hits on May 4th. “His sales are up in a major way. We repositioned him from where he was always misunderstood to now depicting him in a more heroic and aspirational manner,” Gitter told Forbes.

Forbes says, quoting Gitter, "that if the Hulk’s successful turnaround continues, Gitter says Marvel will 'spin him off to a stand-alone [TV] program next year,' supported by a big budget franchise movie in 2015." So the TV program, we knew (Guillermo del Toro is supposed to be an executive-producer), but a 2015 franchise movie is certainly a new idea. Would whoever starred in the TV show also star in the movie? Apparently Marvel is so over the moon with the emotional and impulsive Bruce Banner alter ego they're exploring ways to promote the Hulk as a corporate icon in the same way that MetLife uses the Peanuts' characters as their corporate mascots. Update: And make note: apparently Mark Ruffalo says he's signed on for six Marvel films. That's nothing to sneeze at.

Of course, before placing the horse before the cart, presumably the show would have to be a hit before the movie could take place, but it sounds like Marvel are at least feeling very positive and hopeful about the character as of right now. Let's keep an eye out to see if this plan sticks.

6 picture deal for Ruffalo, which I'm sure includes 3 avengers movies... hopefully at least one of those other movies is a feature length hulk-centric movie and not just him in 'another's movie' that counts on his deal. Hulk needs a new movie. He looks like he is going to be amazing in The Avengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"