Finally a Hulk Franchise?

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by L0ngsh0t, Apr 3, 2012.

1. L0ngsh0t

L0ngsh0t Well-Known Member

Is there any chance we can get Hulk going on a good foot now?

I really like Mark Ruffalo, I think he is close enough to the quality of serious actors Norton and Bana were but at the same time he does have that kinda fun-loving vibe about him that can hopefully make for a more human Bruce Banner.

I'm a Hulk homer. I don't know why, but he's the guy I'm always rooting for in this Marvel Universe, maybe it's cause he is the only one without a slam dunk film so far....

I'd really like to see a Hulk movie where the Leader is kind of in the shadows and the Leader experiments with Doc Samson etc and so it's Samson vs Hulk the whole movie, but at the end Samson chooses to fight with Hulk and they team together to take down Leader's giant robot crap but Leader ditches before we get a good look at him saving him for the sequel

something like that. Give Hulk an equal who is also a human physical enemy would be neat with Samson

Anyone have any thoughts on Hulk? I think it sounds like Ruffalo is interested in continuing the character at least. Which is nice

2. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I'm going to wait and see how the Hulk TV show turns out. If the show ever gets off the ground and becomes successful, I seriously doubt there'll be a solo movie franchise coexisting with that. If the TV show falls through, then yeah, Hulk needs a film franchise.

3. MarvelKnight

MarvelKnight Well-Known Member

Yep, everything hinges on the TV show. Though I haven't heard much about it. It does plan on having Ruffalo and being tied into the MCU, correct?

4. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

The problem with Hulk is that the expectation is that Bruce Banner is the main character, and Hulk the first antagonist/rival. The satisfaction comes from Hulk being the main character, and Banner being supporting. But Hulk doesn't have a lot of depth to carry a film, and he's too expensive to bring to life constantly to give him that depth.

But it works fine in an ensemble when you can just bring out the Hulk and have the other heroes carry the arc.

5. Blader5489

Blader5489 CASUAL SEX!

Nope. New Banner, no ties to the MCU.

6. Kirmit

Kirmit Big Green Machine.

I agree it is an expensive feat but saying Hulk doesn't have enough depth to carry a movie is wrong, people don't realise he is so much more than just 'Hulk smash'. A good example is Caesar in ROTPOTA, a fully CG creation who was able to carry a movie, Hulk has much more depth and character than Caesar, so if he can do it, Hulk can. We haven't seen the proper Hulk onscreen yet, I love both Hulk films but neither one showed comic Hulk, hasn't shown his character, his personality, his humanity or his humour, all of these things would give us an awesome Hulk.

7. MarvelKnight

Well, that is kind of dumb, no?

8. Kirmit

I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure I read the Hulk TV show would be connected to the MCU, albeit loosely, I don't know anything about Ruffalo playing Banner though.

9. MarvelKnight

I would like to see as little of the actor as possible honestly. In a hulk TV show, I think it should be about the Hulk. If it is centered on him being on the run, I doubt he'd be able to calm down enough to revert back to human form.

It just seems odd that it wouldn't be in MCU continuity. Guess we'll find out if and when it gets off the ground.

10. L0ngsh0t

My bet is that they want to do a Hulk movie with Ruffalo and get the right director etc, but they are waiting to see what the response to Avengers Hulk is first

we still don't know what the 2014 movies are. A good bet is one of them is Cap...but I'd imagine if Hulk is well-received in Avengers the other will be Hulk

11. Kirmit

The only problem I forsee is if Hulk is so awesome in Avengers he'll have alot to live upto in his own movie, which could be pricey.

12. L0ngsh0t

Too awesome can never be a problem

13. djKiDDvIcIOUs

djKiDDvIcIOUs I bring da FUNK!

I heard the Hulk tv show is going to be set way earlier in his life. Before any of the MCU stuff but it was supposed to be in the same universe. Hopefully Hulk rocks it in TA and they decide to give him more movie love.

I was a huge fan of TIH but unfortunately the GA didn't know what to make of it after ang's Hulk. Would have been cool if they had done IM first and established MS and had an after credit scene leading into TIH but I was very happy with what we got so far

14. thalidomide

thalidomide The Enemy

Nah, I think I read an article saying that they will take their time and think about making another Hulk movie, I mean it's a smart move considering that the 1st movie sucked and the 2nd one was a little ... let's just saying a little less exciting compared to Thor and Iron Man.

15. fletch1076

fletch1076 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how many pictures Ruffalo signed on for?

16. Blader5489

Blader5489 CASUAL SEX!

Probably six, since that's what all the other principals (except Downey and Jackson) are signed for.

17. L0ngsh0t

My guess is ultimatley they will make one. Maybe it won't be a franchise deal...Ruffalo will probably get 1 solo movie i'd imagine.

I think it would be a good move to show Hulk as an actual hero in a solo film. Banner has some slight control over it now. Not sure where the tension comes from...I've always felt Doc Samson would be a good anti-villain maybe have Leader make Samson to throw off Hulk and then they team up to take Leader down

18. Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner Functional, but hammered.

I don't mean to be a negative guy at the moment. I want to see another Hulk movie badly, with a consistent lead actor.

But, Mark Ruffalo is in his mid-forties just like Downey Jr. with the amount of time to get things into production and set to go. It's only a matter of time before not even all the make up can make them look age appropriate for their respective roles. Downey even said back in 08 that he had maybe a 5-6 year window to do it. If Ruffalo gets his own, I'd only assume one (which is better than none).

I wouldn't mind someone else making me think that my opinion is wrong, I could use a boost in optimism on this topic.

19. L0ngsh0t

I think the safe bet is that Ruffalo does 3 Avengers movies and gets 1 solo film.

If the solo film absolutely kills it, beyond all expectations they might get a 2nd one.

I think we'll get 1 more solo Hulk movie in this cycle of Avengers films though. Especially if Hulk reception continues to be as strong

20. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Which Hulk story would you like to see adapted though?

Planet Hulk is a good one but I suppose post John Carter Disney might be a little frightened of it.

21. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Right now I'm not holding my breath for a new Hulk movie. I think at best, his next movie is the Avengers 2.

22. Kirk Langstrom

Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

Something original, with The Leader as the villain...

23. Gabe99

Gabe99 Well-Known Member

Is Marvel Changing Their Tune? Solo 'Hulk' Movie Being Eyed For 2015 Release According To Marvel Entertainment Head

24. Gabe99

Gabe99 Well-Known Member

25. MarvelKnight

6 picture deal for Ruffalo, which I'm sure includes 3 avengers movies... hopefully at least one of those other movies is a feature length hulk-centric movie and not just him in 'another's movie' that counts on his deal. Hulk needs a new movie. He looks like he is going to be amazing in The Avengers.