Finding MCU announcements without misleading headlines?

Shoppy

Civilian
Reaction score
Has anyone got any good suggestions for MCU information sources on either youtube elsewhere?

EVERY time i look for recent updates on youtube, I'm swamped with FAKE "announcements" that have headlines which are DELIBERATELY misleading, and sometimes amount to just an outright LIE.

Particulary annoying are the videos posted on there by...
EmergencyAwesome
and
TheCosmicWonder
...I would suggest people NEVER take their headlines literally or expect the substance of the content to match what it's headed with to draw hits.

I find the likes of Jeremy Conrad at MCUCosmic exercise responsible journalistic practice when it comes to the content matching the headline and the substance of the information not just being unsubstantiated speculation.
Where would people suggest i look for a quality of reporting closer to what I've found from MCUCosmic and less akin to the tactics of these hit-hungry youtubers?

Honestly, I don't have a magic bullet answer, but I most definitely would say to always use google (discerningly) and never, ever, ever Youtube. Finding real news on youtube is borderline impossible in my experience, regardless of the subject.

Honestly, I don't have a magic bullet answer, but I most definitely would say to always use google (discerningly) and never, ever, ever Youtube. Finding real news on youtube is borderline impossible in my experience, regardless of the subject.

You do find some worthwhile stuff on youtube though.
For instance the videos from Josh at DenofNerds, whilst often speculative, are based on reasoned consideration of information and don't use misleading "Breaking News" "MCU Announcement..." headlines that basically amount to FAKE NEWS in order to draw people in.
I don't mind speculation when it's delivered sincerely as being so and doesn't claim to be something it isn't.

Those two other accounts i mentioned though, EmergencyAwesome and TheCosmicWonder both seem to swamp youtube with their no-substance "stories" and whenever you do a search for recent MCU announcements often every other video in the list is fake news from one of those accounts. Don't bother with 'em.
(Also i've seen one or two things in the past that suggest sometimes they're just taking speculation from forums like this and dressing it up, so if you're reading this guys, I'm calling you out on it here ;) )

Actually I really enjoy those videos by EmergencyAwesome. He‘s not so much on the reddit/4chan rumor-mill and talks about rumors from reliable sources. Also his analysis videos are pretty good.

Jeremy Conrad on the other hand...I watch those too and read the rumors on WGTC. I take it always with a grain of salt and do hope some of those rumors turn out to be true.

Actually I really enjoy those videos by EmergencyAwesome. He‘s not so much on the reddit/4chan rumor-mill and talks about rumors from reliable sources. Also his analysis videos are pretty good.

Jeremy Conrad on the other hand...I watch those too and read the rumors on WGTC. I take it always with a grain of salt and do hope some of those rumors turn out to be true.

Seriously?
Conrad quotes press statements and production announcements and you take that with a pinch of salt but you enjoy videos by someone who puts up multiple videos with FAKE NEWS HEADLINES about new movies and series every week?

Fair enough, if you like those videos that's your choice, but that's personal taste.
My question was not about aesthetic preference, it was about honourable journalistic practice and how information is delivered, or whether the information that is claimed to be on offer in the headline is even present, and in that respect, I consider EmergencyAwesome's application of journalistic practice thoroughly dishonourable and the evidence is there on youtube to substantiate that, just look at all the "announcements" videos by that account.

Last edited:
I've seen people here post links from those two youtube accounts in particular and I always make sure to point out to the forum member how obviously fake the videos' claims are. I do find myself clicking on those link from time to time (out of boredom) and some of the more egregious "news" I post comments on asking how they would even know that info.

The last video I saw was them saying if Disney hadn't bought Fox, Fox would've rebooted the X-men around Deadpool. Look I despise Dark Phoenix as much as (if not more so) than the next guy but there was absolutely no way that was Fox's plans. I mean they wouldn't have known Dark Phoenix was gonna completely s*** the bed when it came to boxoffice numbers otherwise they wouldn't have spent $200Mil on it.

Last edited:
Honestly the Hype's homepage is a good source for info I think. There's a good amount of "fluff" articles but nothing deliberately misleading.

lol at using honorable journalistic practice and Jeremy Conrad in the same sentence.

Honestly the Hype's homepage is a good source for info I think. There's a good amount of "fluff" articles but nothing deliberately misleading.

This

lol at using honorable journalistic practice and Jeremy Conrad in the same sentence.

Firstly I didn't use them in the same sentence, You're mixing two posts together.
In the sentence where i mention him by name i say "responsible" journalistic practice, as in seeking to not mislead people in what's being said.

From what I've seen what he puts together does what it says on the tin, i don't feel like i'm being misled by the headline, he quotes his sources, reasoning adds up and isn't just lifted from fan speculation and called "breaking news".
That's a far sight better than a lot of what's out there.

The point is, there's a lot of outright false claims out there dominating search lists, and I wanted to promote discussion about avoiding them and finding reasoned speculation without fake news headlines.

In general, if it's not from Deadline, Vanity Fair, or another one of the major trades, than airways take it with a grain of salt. Always trace whatever you read back to the source. If it's something like We Got This Covered, then don't put much faith into it.

In general, if it's not from Deadline, Vanity Fair, or another one of the major trades, than airways take it with a grain of salt. Always trace whatever you read back to the source. If it's something like We Got This Covered, then don't put much faith into it.

Yeah I find that along with TheCosmicWonder and EmergencyAwesomse, searches are also dominated by the likes of ****************, EverythingAlways and ComicBookCast2 making an awfully big deal out of either telling you what you already know or telling you what wild speculation they've read as though it has an icecube's chance in hell of happening.

It's all just repetition of the same sensationalist formula in every thing they post.

Do we have a thread that is purely for confirmed news?
Kinda like a bullet pointed one ?
e.g. Movies confirmed for next phase....
Characters confirmed in Black Panther 2....

That type of thing

Do we have a thread that is purely for confirmed news?
Kinda like a bullet pointed one ?
e.g. Movies confirmed for next phase....
Characters confirmed in Black Panther 2....

That type of thing

That's what I want to see.
Full release calendar announced so far and a listing of all confirmed characters coming to the big screen.
People on youtube get their hits from making multiple videos focusing on one piece of info.
Fans want to know what's confirmed and if it's got a date, what's in development and which of those are furthest along, and what characters and cast are confirmed.

Why can't somebody just be doing that in a more concise form instead of dressing it up in false claims and annoying intonation?

Midnight's Edge used to be good and fairly reliable until Midnight's Edge bought into the whole TOO WOKE SJW PROPAGANDA nonsense to troll for clicks.

Every other day, Midnight's Edge would have a new video up complaining about Brie Larson comments, Captain Marvel tracking, and basically predicting that it would bomb.

I could have sworn that Midnight's Edge was copying conversations directly off of this website during the heyday of the late lamented "Keep Hope Alive" forum. Posters would present research and provide links regarding Marvel film rights and a short while later that same info would end up in one of that site's submissions.

I could have sworn that Midnight's Edge was copying conversations directly off of this website during the heyday of the late lamented "Keep Hope Alive" forum. Posters would present research and provide links regarding Marvel film rights and a short while later that same info would end up in one of that site's submissions.

That I can't speak on. It was actually through these forums that i found out about Midnight's Edge and their Fantastic Four videos when that 2015 movie was coming out.

FINDING MCU ANNOUNCEMENTS WITHOUT MISLEADING HEADLINES?

well, Marvel official twitter and site

FINDING MCU ANNOUNCEMENTS WITHOUT MISLEADING HEADLINES?

well, Marvel official twitter and site

yeah this is actually a good point. You can never go wrong with the official announcements because they are at least coming straight from the source.

Yesterday was day, when even Manabyte didn‘t catch any rumors to make a clickbait-video out of it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"