Fire Emblem Fates

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score

3DS
New Fire Emblem announced for 3DS
Published 46 mins ago. 0 comments.

Or Fire Emblem If, as it's called in Japan.

Fire-Emblem-If-3DS-Announce.jpg

Nintendo announced a new Fire Emblem for 3DS, a turn-based strategy game, during its Nintendo Direct live stream this morning.
Here’s the game’s staff:

• Developed by Intelligent Systems
  • Character design by Kozaki Yusuke
  • Story by Shin Kibayashi
The choices you make will be even bigger in this game, and will have even greater affect upon the world.
In Japan, the game is called Fire Emblem If.
Watch the announcement trailer below.
[YT]Pz2LJ-4DDWU[/YT]

Read More

3DS, Clips, Fire Emblem If, Game Announce, Intelligent Systems, Nintendo, RPG, Trailers
New Fire Emblem Game Announced For Nintendo 3DS. January 14, 2015 . 6:05am

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said that the game will feature a choice system that will have more of an impact than any previous game in the series.

Nintendo just announced a new Fire Emblem game for the Nintendo 3DS. The game doesn’t have a title yet, but is developed by the Fire Emblem: Awakening team.

Yusuke Kozaki will once again design characters for the game. The story will be written by comic book writer Shin Kibayashi. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said that the game will feature a choice system that will have more of an impact than any previous game in the series.

“You will make even bigger choices and the effect of these choices on the world will be greater than ever,” Iwata said.

Read more stories about Fire Emblem: Awakening & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.
source: Gematsu & Siliconera

Last edited:
Bring it on! Awakening is still probably the best game for 3DS. Let's see if the new one can top it!

So the Japanese name is just Fire Emblem if, as in the word if, or is that an abbreviation for something? Hm, that kind of makes me wonder if it'll play with alternate reality situations or something from previous FE games. Not like most of the world knows anything about them, though.

Fire Emblem Also Gets A New Card Game And Manga In Japan. January 15, 2015 . 2:32am

Fire Emblem’s trading card game will feature various guest artists, and will have all kinds of characters that have appeared throughout the series.

Nintendo recently announced a new Fire Emblem game for the Nintendo 3DS, and in Japan they also revealed a new trading card game for the series. They shared a first look at some of the cards, and also a recent manga for Fire Emblem: Awakening, both of which you can see below.

The cards that were shown are of Marth, Shiida, Tharja, and Wrys.​

Fire Emblem’s trading card game will feature various guest artists, and will have all kinds of characters that have appeared throughout the series. Fire Emblem developers Intelligent Systems are developing the card game, which releases this summer in Japan. More details on the Fire Emblem trading card game are expected to surface in the near future.

The Fire Emblem Awakening Comic Anthology was also recently published, on Christmas day in Japan. It’s based on the game, and follows characters like Chrom and Lucina.

The Comic Anthology features popular manga artists and writers such as Hako Itagaki (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni manga,) Ichiho Katsura (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World manga), Ryuko Kanzaki (Dragon Quest and Star Ocean 4-koma manga,) and many others.

Read more stories about Fire Emblem & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Last edited:
At the very least I hope the manga makes it way over seas. I'll probably import the card game for the hell of it. I dig those character designs.

Fire Emblem Celebrating Its 25th Anniversary With A Concert. February 16, 2015 . 10:57am

The concert, titled “The 25th Anniversary of Love and Courage: Fire Emblem Festival,” will be held in Japan this July.

Nintendo recently announced the latest game in the Fire Emblem series, where players will make bigger choices that will affect the world more than ever. Meanwhile, Intelligent systems have also announced a big event for the series, with an upcoming concert.

The concert, titled “The 25th Anniversary of Love and Courage: Fire Emblem Festival,” celebrates the series’ 25th anniversary, and will be held on July 24th and 25th at the Tokyo Dome City Hall in Japan.

The official website for Fire Emblem’s 25th anniversary currently has a countdown, which will likely reveal more information for the concert. Perhaps we may hear more information about the upcoming 3DS title around then, too, as part of the celebration.

The new Fire Emblem game for the Nintendo 3DS is currently in development.

Read more stories about Fire Emblem Awakening & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Last edited:

Fire Emblem Will Be At Comiket Special 6 To Celebrate Its 25th Anniversary. March 10, 2015 . 12:31pm

Nintendo are sending Fire Emblem to Comiket Special 6, where they will sell original goods based on the franchise.

While Comiket is known for an otaku haven for doujin artists and developers, it occasionally sees some bigger names at the events. This time, Nintendo are sending Fire Emblem to Comiket Special 6: Otaku Summit 2015, where they will sell original goods based on the franchise.

Fans of the series will be able to get their hands on original Fire Emblem series goods, which they’ll sell as part of their 25th anniversary during the Comiket Special 6 at the Makuhari Messe International Convention Complex, on March 28th and 29th.

Here’s a look at some of the 25th anniversary goods they’ll have at their booth:

A set of three clear files (1,000 yen), an original soundtrack CD featuring
an 18-track collection of all the opening themes from the series (2,000 yen) and a special 25th anniversary T-shirt (3,000 yen).

16 Fire Emblem Awakening pins (500 yen each), a set of six Fire Emblem 25th anniversary pins
(3,000 yen for the set), and an iPhone case for the iPhone 5/s and 6, which will be very limited with only 100 available (4,000 yen).

Tumbler cup with logos on front and back (1,500 yen), a tote bag with a Fire Emblem emblem (1,500 yen), and another limited item with the 304mm x 257mm photo frame, which will be limited to 50 total (7,000 yen).

Finally, the above is a look at a set of two Fire Emblem posters (1,000 yen), along with a full-color limited Intelligent Systems official staff book with Lucina on the cover (2,000 yen).

Read more stories about Fire Emblem Awakening & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

3DS
Fire Emblem If slated for 2016 release

Published 2 hours ago. 9 comments.
Will you follow your bloodline or your loyalty?
FE-If-3DS-2016.jpg

The next Fire Emblem game for 3DS, titled Fire Emblem If in Japan, will launch for 3DS in North America and Europe in 2016, Nintendo announced.
The main character will be a customizable avatar created by the player. This time, your created character is the game’s main characte, rather than a secondary character like previous titles.
The story sees the Hoshido and Nohr kingdoms at war. It’s up to the player to decide which side to take—whether to follow their bloodline versus their loyalty. There are two sides to every story. The path you choose ultimately decides your character’s fate. No matter what, the world and characters will be the same. But depending on your decision, the story lines and outcomes will be different.
The Hoshido path is the more traditional one. Because this path story is more similar to previous games, it’s a bit more accessible. The Nohr path has players forced to revolutionize an unruly kingdom from the inside. The story is more complex and the difficulty more challenging.
In Japan, the game will be released as two titles, Fire Emblem If: White Kingdom and Fire Emblem If: Black Kingdom, for 4,700 yen each. If you buy one verison, you’ll be able to purchase the other for 1,852 yen as downloadable content game. A large part three is also planned for release at the same price somewhere down the line. A limited edition version of the game including all three scenarios will be available for 9,250 yen.
Watch a new trailer below.[YT]94CCxVMltQY[/YT] View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
Fire-Emblem-If_2015_04-01-15_003.jpg_140_cw140_ch78.jpg
visit gallery »

Read More

3DS, Clips, Fire Emblem If, Nintendo, Release Dates, RPG, Screenshots, Trailers
source: Gematsu

Last edited:
What!? They're Pokemoning this? The hell...

To be clear, in America and Europe it'll just be one game, the other half of the story will either just be included in the game or be DLC, I'm not honestly sure. They would've mentioned in the Direct if it was going to be two games instead of one. If you don't believe me, look at the trailer, they mention the choice both before and after. If this was two games here, they would've mentioned it.

Well, I'm going to wait for them to explicitly say that, but you're probably right. FE isn't big enough to sustain that kind of thing outside Japan, I think.

I.... I don't know what to say.... I said that I would stick with Fire Emblem till I die, but this is kinda a stretch D:

If Nintendo doesn't elaborate on this soon there will be some very angry/confused fan boys and girls.

Cause in the trailer and in the Direct, they did not mention this. They emphasized the choice would be in game, not in separate games, so...where did this come from?

This is counter-productive for fire emblem.... What did Awakening do that warranted this? It did well, but it didn't do THAT well.

If Nintendo doesn't elaborate on this soon there will be some very angry/confused fan boys and girls.

Cause in the trailer and in the Direct, they did not mention this. They emphasized the choice would be in game, not in separate games, so...where did this come from?
it's made itto the gamer press already

Update: In Japan, the game, titled Fire Emblem If, will be available in two versions—Black Kingdom and White Kingdom. Buying one version will allow you to purchase the other one as DLC. A third storyline is also planned for release as downloadable content at some later point. A limited edition release of the game in Japan will feature all three scenarios

We’ve gotten in touch with Nintendo to find out if the game will be released in two separate versions in the West as well, and will update when we hear back.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/0...ly-different-story-paths/#pZQ5ZDRvMxdxcwWi.99

others will fallow suit
In Japan, the game will be released as two titles, Fire Emblem If: White Kingdom and Fire Emblem If: Black Kingdom, for 4,700 yen each. If you buy one verison, you’ll be able to purchase the other for 1,852 yen as downloadable content game. A large part three is also planned for release at the same price somewhere down the line. A limited edition version of the game including all three scenarios will be available for 9,250 yen

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/04/fire-emblem-if-slated-for-2016-release#Eb4JVE2r9JDUUW6c.99

^^^ see

Last edited:
It's being reported that it'll be bundled in US and Europe, here's an article for proof:

http://www.thetanooki.com/2015/04/0...l-be-released-as-two-separate-games-in-japan/

Well, that just seems to be speculating like the rest of us. Like I said, odds are you're right, at the very least I assume they'll release one package and have the rest just DLC as opposed to physical packaging.

I'm not fond of the idea, but if each storyline is really sufficient enough to have its own full title, then it's not that big of a deal I guess if it's basically like getting two separate games.

This is counter-productive for fire emblem.... What did Awakening do that warranted this? It did well, but it didn't do THAT well.

FE is pretty big in Japan, and Japan does stuff like this from time to time. I know there was one of those recent One Piece games that did it.

that article I posted was the first one I could find (really busy last night), but I know there were other outlets that said that the US/Europe versions of the game would not be separated.

Well, unless there was a press release after the Direct, I know there was no specification. Like I said, it's probably a safe bet, but I'm going to wait before Nintendo officially confirms it one way or the other before I make any judgement on how I feel about it.

More Details On The Differences Between The Two Version Of Fire Emblem If. April 2, 2015 . 4:36am

The story for Fire Emblem If: White Kingdom and Black Kingdom is the same until chapter 6. After chapter 6, the storyline splits.

Yesterday, we saw the latest trailer for the new Fire Emblem game for Nintendo 3DS during the Nintendo Direct presentation. The official Japanese website shares more on the differences between the two versions of the game: Fire Emblem If: Black Kingdom and White Kingdom.

Fire Emblem If: White Kingdom will be the easier of the two versions. It will provide alternate ways to acquire experience points and money outside of the main scenario and will also give you more freedom as far as growing your characters goes, although just what this means isn’t entirely clear yet.

Meanwhile, the more difficult version, Fire Emblem If: Black Kingdom, will present players with the challenge of “how should I fight with the limited experience points and money I have,” so it sounds like you’ll have to strategize in order to make the most of scant resources.

There are other major differences, too, though, and this is where it gets tricky. The story for White Kingdom and Black Kingdom is the same until chapter 6. After chapter 6, the storyline splits. Depending on how you purchased the game, this is what will happen:

• Physical version (4,700 yen excluding tax): You will be locked into the path of the version you purchased. However, you can buy the other story path at a steep discount (2,000 yen) as DLC if you wish to play the other path. Whether you’ll need to start a new save file to access the other path or if you can switch after chapter 6 is unclear.

• Digital version (4,700 yen excluding tax): You will pay your 4,700 yen upfront and play through the game until chapter 6. After chapter 6, you will be asked to choose which path you want. Once you’ve chosen a path, the other story path will be permanently locked away until you purchase it as DLC (again, 2,000 yen).

You’re probably wondering what the major difference between the physical and digital versions is. The difference is that the digital version gives you the advantage of playing the story up until chapter 6 without committing to either Hoshido or Nohr, whereas in the physical version you’re locked into one of the two paths, depending on whether you bought White Kingdom or Black Kingdom.

The Fire Emblem If website mentions that both story paths have about the same amount of content as Fire Emblem: Awakening, individually. Additionally, there will also be a third storyline available as downloadable content, although details of this story are not yet available.

Finally, the website also reveals a Fire Emblem If Special Edition, which has a special two-in-one cartridge of both versions of the game. It also includes the third storyline, which will be available upon release, in addition to a limited edition art book and a limited edition Fire Emblem 0 (Cypher) TCG card. The Special Edition will cost 9,250 yen (without tax).

Siliconera got in touch with Nintendo to find out whether the game will also release in two separate versions in the West. We’ll update once we hear back from Nintendo.

Fire Emblem If will release in 2016 in the West for Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Fire Emblem If & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Last edited:
Fire Emblem If Screenshots Take Us Inside The Black Kingdom And White Kingdom. April 2, 2015 . 10:50pm

Fire Emblem If is taking a cue from Pokémon and in Japan there will be multiple versions of the strategy RPG. After chapter six, the story for the two games diverge.
Fire Emblem If is taking a cue from Pokémon and in Japan there will be multiple versions of the strategy RPG. After chapter six, the story for the two games diverge.

Fire Emblem If: Black Kingdom has a more complicated storyline and gameplay. Players will have to deal with limited resources as they try to revolutionize the unruly Nohr kingdom from the inside. These screenshots are from Black Kingdom.

Fire Emblem If: White Kingdom is a more traditional Fire Emblem game where you side with the Hoshido and players will be able to obtain experience points plus money outside of the core story. Here are some screenshots from White Kingdom.

Fire Emblem If comes out on June 25 in Japan and is slated for release in 2016 in the West.

Read more stories about Fire Emblem If & Nintendo 3DS & Screenshots on Siliconera.
source:Siliconera

Marth And Lucina Are Fire Emblem If DLC Characters. April 14, 2015 . 3:45am

Fire Emblem If is getting a card game called TCG Fire Emblem 0 (Cipher) which will release simultaneously alongside the game in Japan. Starter decks include a DLC code for Marth or Lucina, depending on the deck you purchase.

Fire Emblem If
is getting a card game called TCG Fire Emblem 0 (Cipher) which will release simultaneously alongside the game in Japan. Inside Games shows us a look at a couple starter decks featuring Marth and Lucina.

The above is a look at the two decks “Dark War Volume” featuring a download code for “The Prince of Altea, Marth” and the “Awakening Volume” starter deck that has a code for “The Swordsman Who Goes By Marth, Lucina”.

Again, the booster box will feature a promotion card that’s a preview of the next series of cards, in addition to a download code to get “Pegasus Knight Minerva” in Fire Emblem If.

The next series of cards will feature the “White Kingdom” and “Black Kingdom” of Fire Emblem If, and the third series will be called “Trace of Blue Flames”. There will also be various in-store events for the release of the card game.

Fire Emblem 0 (Cipher)’s first series of cards will release in Japan on June 25, 2015 alongside the release of Fire Emblem If for Nintendo 3DS. The Starter decks cost 1,300 yen each, and the booster packs will go for 350 yen.

Fire Emblem If Special Edition Selling Out, Will Get A Second Shipment In Japan. April 17, 2015 . 12:00am

The Fire Emblem If Special Edition bundle is selling like hotcakes in Japan. The Nintendo 3DS game isn’t even out yet, but the day retailers opened up preorders, there was a rush of orders and the Fire Emblem If Special Edition sold out.

The Fire Emblem If Special Edition bundle is selling like hotcakes in Japan. The Nintendo 3DS game isn’t even out yet, but the day retailers opened up preorders, there was a rush of orders and the Fire Emblem If Special Edition sold out.
Nintendo announced retailers in Japan will get a second shipment of Fire Emblem If Special Edition packages, but that will be the final shipment. If you’re in Japan and are looking to get one of these check with a retailer ASAP.

The Fire Emblem If Special Edition is unique since it contains a two in one cartridge with White Kingdom and Black Kingdom. You also get a third storyline which will be available when the game launches, an art book, and a trading card for Fire Emblem 0 (Cypher).

Both versions of Fire Emblem If come out on June 25 in Japan along with the Special Edition.

Nintendo Developers And Masahiro Sakurai To Attend Fire Emblem Anniversary Event. April 21, 2015 . 5:28pm

The Fire Emblem series is celebrating its “25th anniversary of love and courage” with various festivities this year.

The Fire Emblem series is celebrating its “25th anniversary of love and courage” with various festivities this year, and one is a special talk show event that features various guests including Super Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai.

The theme of the talk show is “From Shadow Dragon,to Awakening, to If,” and during it various staff and other guests will appear to share their passion and thoughts on the Fire Emblem series. It’ll be interesting to see Sakurai there, especially considering the recent rumors of Roy joining the cast of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, but he could also just be there to participate as a fan of the series.

In addition to Sakurai’s special talk during the vent, Fire Emblem Awakening and If artist Yusuke Kozaki will be there, along with various developers from both Nintendo and Intelligent Systems.

There are also two slots that are marked as “special guest,” for unannounced cast members who’ve worked on the series, and will be there for the Fire Emblem talk show. The event will commence on July 24th and will also have two more showings on the 25th.

Fire Emblem If will release in 2016 in the West for Nintendo 3DS. You can also read our earlier report to check out more about the two different versions that Japan will get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"