Firefly Thread (Brown Coats)

I think Ianar was one of the only characters that did not have a complicated past. I always wondered what Wash got up to in his past.

LexCorp said:
I think Ianar was one of the only characters that did not have a complicated past. I always wondered what Wash got up to in his past.

He gave moustache rides.

Would of liked to see the origin of his dinosaurs!!

LexCorp said:
I think Ianar was one of the only characters that did not have a complicated past.

She did. They saidn she did.

I like the way they have blended the two remaining super powers of the Humans (China and America). A new government has risen and I want to know what the Blue Sun group was about.

I am now a Browncoat, unfortunately i only became one just after Serenity had gone off the cinema so i missed it. I fell in love with Firefly as soon as i watched it. And then had to wait from the beginning of November until the end Feb, yesterday in fact to see it. The wait was agonising, but worth it, Serenity was great, i just didnt like what happened to two of the characters in particular.

Yeah, I know what you mean about that last part (I won't spoil anything for people who haven't seen the movie yet though). I was actually in denial for a little while when I saw what happened. :(

Firefly is my favorite TV show of all time, and the movie was a dream come true.

I just wish they would go for another film.

We can keep hope alive untill they do.

Timstuff said:
Yeah, I know what you mean about that last part (I won't spoil anything for people who haven't seen the movie yet though). I was actually in denial for a little while when I saw what happened. :(

So was i, especially about the second one, even though i had already been spoiled about what happened to those two. I really dont know why Joss did that though, I know he explains it on the commentary, and i understand his explanation, but i just dont think he needed to do it.

Joss likes the shock tactic. He did it in Buffy and Angel.

Well i never watched Buffy or Angel, but i dont like that he did it, i guess i'm gonna be the same when X3 comes out and cyke and the proff die. I'm surprised Alan Tudyk agreed to be killed though, maybe he just wanted to do other things and not have to do a sequel.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Well i never watched Buffy or Angel, but i dont like that he did it, i guess i'm gonna be the same when X3 comes out and cyke and the proff die. I'm surprised Alan Tudyk agreed to be killed though, maybe he just wanted to do other things and not have to do a sequel.

Thank you for the X3 spoiler. :o :down

Back on topic, once I buy "Serenity" on DVD, I'm going to rewatch "Firefly", then finish by watching "Serenity". See how it all fits together as one big story.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I did hear something like that about Alan. I think I read in Empire that he had low expectations of the films success and decide that he could be killed off.

Keyser Soze said:
Thank you for the X3 spoiler. :o :down

Back on topic, once I buy "Serenity" on DVD, I'm going to rewatch "Firefly", then finish by watching "Serenity". See how it all fits together as one big story.

Sorry Keyzer, i thought everyone on these boards knew about it since there has been such outrage. Anyway, there is a chance that hose deaths wont occur.

Lexcorp, Joss just said on the commentary that they both agreed on the fate of the character because they wanted it to seem that in the following scene's no one was going to live.

Archangel said:
He gave moustache rides.

Was that between the shadow puppets. :)

As for my favorite episode, had to be Jayn's town. or maybe Shindig. and The Train Job......

As for Inaras subplot,

**SPOILER**

it had to do with that mysteriouse vial that she pulled out in the pilot when they thought they were going to be attacked by revears. They were going to do a VERY dark episode late in season 1 were she got captured by revears and injected herself with vial before they do the reavery thing to her. Turns out the vial has some super secret toxin that doesnt kill the person that takes it but kills all of there "partners". Then she had to deal with the aftereffects of the toxin when she finally got rescued.

My favourite is either Out Of Gas, The Message, Shindig, or Objects In Space. That Inara spoiler is crazy, that would taked the show to some dark, dark places.

I liked Objects in space. But Jaynes Town is my fav and that song.
"Jayne, the man they call Jayne.
Well he robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor.
Stood up to the man and he gave them what for
Our love for him now ain't hard to explain the hero of Canton the man they call Jayne"
Can not remember all of it.....

blitz_firefly_kaylee001.jpg

My fav pic of Kalee from firefly.............

I take it Kaylee is your favourite Lexcorp? I thought Jaynestown was great as well, along with Our Mrs Reynolds, i would say they are the two funniest out of all of them.

ForgotN said:
As for Inaras subplot,

**SPOILER**

it had to do with that mysteriouse vial that she pulled out in the pilot when they thought they were going to be attacked by revears. They were going to do a VERY dark episode late in season 1 were she got captured by revears and injected herself with vial before they do the reavery thing to her. Turns out the vial has some super secret toxin that doesnt kill the person that takes it but kills all of there "partners". Then she had to deal with the aftereffects of the toxin when she finally got rescued.

That would make sense, remember she wouldnt "service" crew members? That would be the reason.

Spider-X said:
I'm a Browncoat...i want this series back in the worst way, and i've made a good few threads about the it.

use the search function..you'll find'em...got some good info on the direction the Series possibly returning is in.

Not being a huge Buffy/Angel fan, I never gave Firefly a thought. That was a huge mistake. I saw the Serenity movie and really enjoyed it. So, I purchased the series on DVD and fell in love. I'm a brand new Browncoat that would desperately like to see this series resume in some form. I wonder how many other new fans the movie created and are we enough to take a new Firefly series to the next ratings level? I never saw one minute of Firefly on Fox.

Kaylee is awesome, one of my fav charaters.

YJ1 said:
Not being a huge Buffy/Angel fan, I never gave Firefly a thought. That was a huge mistake. I saw the Serenity movie and really enjoyed it. So, I purchased the series on DVD and fell in love. I'm a brand new Browncoat that would desperately like to see this series resume in some form. I wonder how many other new fans the movie created and are we enough to take a new Firefly series to the next ratings level? I never saw one minute of Firefly on Fox.

Cool, hope there are more new fans out there like you!!!!

The more fans we can convert the better.

firefly.jpg

We need you to volunteer and fight against the Alliance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"