Firefly Thread (Brown Coats)

I am a big BuffyAngel fan but I've always been afraid to watch the show/movie. I need a question answered. Supposedly some of the villians are cannibals is that really true and what do they show? I just can't watch anything like that it freaks me out and makes me physically ill.

Lara said:
I am a big BuffyAngel fan but I've always been afraid to watch the show/movie. I need a question answered. Supposedly some of the villians are cannibals is that really true and what do they show? I just can't watch anything like that it freaks me out and makes me physically ill.

They are not exactly villians and they are never shown on screen clearly so you will not have to worry to much there. They are talked about by the crew as a scary but are mostly an unseen force in the series. Watch the show and I promise it is not that bad. Trust me you never really see them.

In fact if my memory is right you only ever see a Reaver (the name of the "villans") space ship and a normal mans reactions after being captured by them.

LexCorp said:
They are not exactly villians and they are never shown on screen clearly so you will not have to worry to much there. They are talked about by the crew as a scary but are mostly an unseen force in the series. Watch the show and I promise it is not that bad. Trust me you never really see them.

In fact if my memory is right you only ever see a Reaver (the name of the "villans") space ship and a normal mans reactions after being captured by them.
Well if they don't show it I may try it. The series is selling for so cheap now. I do love Whedon. Part of me though would hate to love it then there only be 13 episodes. It was so much easier to start the first season of Buffy on dvd knowing if I liked it I had 7 seasons to look foreward to.

Lara said:
Well if they don't show it I may try it. The series is selling for so cheap now. I do love Whedon. Part of me though would hate to love it then there only be 13 episodes. It was so much easier to start the first season of Buffy on dvd knowing if I liked it I had 7 seasons to look foreward to.

Yeah that's true. It is nice knowing if you like that there is more to follow. But there is a full movie after the series you know. It's worth it.

The movie is cool as well, you see more of the Reavers in the movie, but you dont actually see them eating anyone or anything like that.

They are like the boogie man. Like an old campfire story, in the series they are designed to be a fearful presence just through rumour only.

You, i watched the pilot again last night and i do think it is underrated as far as the episodes go. It is a very good extended episode.

It's priceless. I rarely watch a new show now without getting bored as they set up the series with exposition but Firefly sucked me in from the start.

LexCorp said:

However, the movie does show the Reavers. But, it never shows them doing their thing, what with the raping and eating and all.

Be on the look out for Badger too. He is a cool character.

and yes the reavers also are in the movie and they are not that scary...

Yeah i love the Reaver chase in the pilot, when they pull the ivan.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Yeah i love the Reaver chase in the pilot, when they pull the ivan.

Yeah pulling a Crazy Ivan. I like the way Reaver ships produce so much exhaust fumes to.

LexCorp said:
Yeah pulling a Crazy Ivan. I like the way Reaver ships produce so much exhaust fumes to.

Yeah, because they run with no engine cover

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Yeah, because they run with no engine cover

Very raw type ships. Do you ever wonder how they can function with all this technology if they are insane???

Well, they obviously have some humanity left in them, and some of them must have been pilots before the Miranda incident, so they probably just remember things. Or they just learned how to operate them, they had to get into space some how, and i'm pretty sure they could have only got their ships from the remains of Miranda.

This show (and the movie that went with it) rocks! Love it, and feel it's the best Whedon show.

LexCorp said:

I've always wanted to go to a convention with alot of brown coats dressed in a flight jacket and big glasses. When they ask who I'm supposd to be, I'll say "I'm Crazy Ivan", and then explain my idea of the story behind the Crazy Ivan.

LexCorp said:
Very raw type ships. Do you ever wonder how they can function with all this technology if they are insane???

Well, there's different types of crazy. Hanibal Lectre is crazy, but I wouldn't doun\bt that someone like him could learn how to pilote a ship. The Reavers are more "ape **** crazy", meaning that they're like rabbid, wild animals. Still, they obviously retain some normal cognative functions.

The Question said:
I've always wanted to go to a convention with alot of brown coats dressed in a flight jacket and big glasses. When they ask who I'm supposd to be, I'll say "I'm Crazy Ivan", and then explain my idea of the story behind the Crazy Ivan.

I like that. Maybe crazy Ivan can replace Wash. lol

Well, there's different types of crazy. Hanibal Lectre is crazy, but I wouldn't doun\bt that someone like him could learn how to pilote a ship. The Reavers are more "ape **** crazy", meaning that they're like rabbid, wild animals. Still, they obviously retain some normal cognative functions.

Awesome

LexCorp said:
I like that. Maybe crazy Ivan can replace Wash. lol

Well, my idea is that Crazy Ivan was the engineer for a Firefly class ship a few hundred years earlyer. The ship was being chased by pirates, so Ivan rigged the engine to make a huge energy wave when they went to full burn. And thus, the Crazy Ivan was born.

The Question said:
Well, my idea is that Crazy Ivan was the engineer for a Firefly class ship a few hundred years earlyer. The ship was being chased by pirates, so Ivan rigged the engine to make a huge energy wave when they went to full burn. And thus, the Crazy Ivan was born.

That's a good theory. You think Ivan could have descendents that could replace Wash?

I don't know. I actually had an idea for an arc in Firefly if it ever returned:

After the whole situation with the Miranda broadcast, the crew of the Serenity become sort of mythic Robin Hood like figures. One day, they meet this kid who was a student at the acadamy with River. He had heard the story of the Serenity, and was inspired. He escaped, and has been on the run ever since. He, like River, is a genius with psychic abilities. However, his psychic powers are not as well developed as River's. Also, while he is skilled in electronics and mechanics, his specialty is that he is an amazing pilot. So, he becomes the ship's new pilot. Now, he is crazy, but not in the same way River is. He's lucid and cognative, but he's still obviously out of his mind. He's Deadpool crazy. This is an example of Deadpool crazy if you're not familiar with it:

http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shoryuken5jh.jpg

He sort of takes over as the comedic releif, but is a different kind of funny as to not seem like a cheap Wash ripoff.

Throughout the season, we see a new operative tracking the crew. He's often seen watching them whenever they stop down in a town, and ocasionally speaks with alliance oficers in the towns where he's tracked them to. He's fought them a few times, and each time has almost been testing them. He seems to posseses inhuman reflexes, can leap great distances, and has been shown to be able to move objects with a thought. He's also been shown causing violent migranes in others by looking at them. It is quite possible that he is the final result of the Acadamy's goal.

Throughout the season, we ocasionally see him speaking with the new pilot, suggesting that he is a plant on the ship, or is somehow connected to the new operative. The new operative often says that the crew would no longer trust the pilot if they new the truth, suggesting that there is more to the young pilot's past than we realized.

In the season finale, the new operative apears on the ship and starts taking them all out one by one. He cripples the ship, and defeats all of the crew. He then reveals who he really is.

The pilot.

Yes, he and the pilot are one and the same. To insure that he wouldn't blow his cover, the Alliance programed a case of multiple personality disorder into his brain. He locks up the crew, and puts the ship on a course to be intercepted by an alliance cruiser. There is only one obstical left.

River.

River establishes a telepathic link with the pilot, and begin to battle furiosly in the physical world while calmly talking in the world of the mind. Eventually, the battle shifts into one between the two personalities, and with the help of River they are eventually fused together into one personality. The new personality has the inherent morality of the pilot, his sense of humor, full control of the operative's skills and powers, and a darker nature. The two of them fight and kill the alliance operatives, and free the crew. The pilot then leaves to be seen again another season.

The Question said:

The full burn wasnt the Crazy Ivan. The engines flipping and twisting the ship around was. Remember when the captain suggested full burn Zoe said " A fullburn in atmo.....wont that cause a blowback?" She didnt say "A Crazy Ivan in atmo?" The Ivan was the engines flipping.

The Question said:
I don't know. I actually had an idea for an arc in Firefly if it ever returned:

After the whole situation with the Miranda broadcast, the crew of the Serenity become sort of mythic Robin Hood like figures. One day, they meet this kid who was a student at the acadamy with River. He had heard the story of the Serenity, and was inspired. He escaped, and has been on the run ever since. He, like River, is a genius with psychic abilities. However, his psychic powers are not as well developed as River's. Also, while he is skilled in electronics and mechanics, his specialty is that he is an amazing pilot. So, he becomes the ship's new pilot. Now, he is crazy, but not in the same way River is. He's lucid and cognative, but he's still obviously out of his mind. He's Deadpool crazy. This is an example of Deadpool crazy if you're not familiar with it:

http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shoryuken5jh.jpg

He sort of takes over as the comedic releif, but is a different kind of funny as to not seem like a cheap Wash ripoff.

Throughout the season, we see a new operative tracking the crew. He's often seen watching them whenever they stop down in a town, and ocasionally speaks with alliance oficers in the towns where he's tracked them to. He's fought them a few times, and each time has almost been testing them. He seems to posseses inhuman reflexes, can leap great distances, and has been shown to be able to move objects with a thought. He's also been shown causing violent migranes in others by looking at them. It is quite possible that he is the final result of the Acadamy's goal.

Throughout the season, we ocasionally see him speaking with the new pilot, suggesting that he is a plant on the ship, or is somehow connected to the new operative. The new operative often says that the crew would no longer trust the pilot if they new the truth, suggesting that there is more to the young pilot's past than we realized.

In the season finale, the new operative apears on the ship and starts taking them all out one by one. He cripples the ship, and defeats all of the crew. He then reveals who he really is.

The pilot.

Yes, he and the pilot are one and the same. To insure that he wouldn't blow his cover, the Alliance programed a case of multiple personality disorder into his brain. He locks up the crew, and puts the ship on a course to be intercepted by an alliance cruiser. There is only one obstical left.

River.

River establishes a telepathic link with the pilot, and begin to battle furiosly in the physical world while calmly talking in the world of the mind. Eventually, the battle shifts into one between the two personalities, and with the help of River they are eventually fused together into one personality. The new personality has the inherent morality of the pilot, his sense of humor, full control of the operative's skills and powers, and a darker nature. The two of them fight and kill the alliance operatives, and free the crew. The pilot then leaves to be seen again another season.

Again I salute your more than deep thought about the show. However I am not sure if a sequel should be mainly River orientated again. I would like to see the other characters be sent in front first.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
The full burn wasnt the Crazy Ivan. The engines flipping and twisting the ship around was. Remember when the captain suggested full burn Zoe said " A fullburn in atmo.....wont that cause a blowback?" She didnt say "A Crazy Ivan in atmo?" The Ivan was the engines flipping.

Oh. Are you sure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"