Days of Future Past First Class ACTORS Thread [new proyects, interviews, quotes...]

didnt know this tittle

is it a novel right?

didnt know this tittle

is it a novel right?
Here's the PBS trailer with Eddie Redmayne:

In the ruinous trenches of northern France, Lieutenant Stephen Wraysford (Eddie Redmayne, My Week with Marilyn, Richard II) barely seems to register the death and destruction all around him. His eyes are fixed instead on his drawings and his deck of cards, and his mind is focused on the memory of his one love, Isabelle Azaire (Clémence Poesy, 127 Hours, Harry Potter). For Stephen, events unfolding on the Allied front in 1916 are eclipsed by his memories of the summer of 1910, when he met Isabelle in Amiens. When Isabelle leaves her oppressive husband René (Laurent Lafitte), the two lovers share a blissful existence that seems to make up for a lifetime of loneliness and isolation for Stephen. But their idyll is cut short when Isabelle leaves without explanation. Stephen battles the Germans on the front six years later, as he also battles his own internal grief and confusion over his loss. Adapted by Abi Morgan (Iron Lady, The Hour) from the Sebastian Faulks novel, Birdsong tells the story of Stephen's awakening to love and his determination to reclaim it.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/birdsong/

Here's more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birdsong_(novel)

James McAvoy (Macbeth at the West End, London, playing now) and his Lady Macbeth, Claire Foy.

jamesMACBETH_westend_zps92713656.jpg

:atp:

Hugh Jackman appears on Inside the Actors Studio tonight at 8:00 ET on BRAVO. He was last on this program in 2004 and from video previews, he does discuss XMen and Wolverine.

Michael Fassbender was on the Graham Norton Show last Friday but he only mentioned the golf-buggy crash incident on the First Class set (when he and McAvoy were fooling around in the buggies).

Fassbender never got chance to say much else because fellow guest Mark Wahlberg was a total a-hole and dominated the entire show; a combination of jetlag and alcohol. Wahlberg was unbearable. Worst. Guest. Ever.

I wonder if anyone would have suggested Anna Paquin as Rogue after seeing True Blood, had she never been in an X-Men film before...and/or Ellen Page as Kitty after say, Juno. All Singer needs to do is tell them to play Sookie and Juno respectively.

lol

wouldnt be a bad suggestion for the actresses at all

I wish Hugh would stop using that thick beard. And I wonder how many times the "you don't know Jackman" title was used in articles about him. :woot:

not the best Hugh cover, but its nice to see him with a different look appart from the gentleman so overexposed

The older he gets, the better for the role

I wish Hugh would stop using that thick beard. And I wonder how many times the "you don't know Jackman" title was used in articles about him. :woot:

The beard is for Prisoners, the movie he's shooting in Georgia right now.

Hugh Is making other stars look bad for all his engery.wrapping The wolverine.Promating Les Mes and attending awards.Filming Prisoners,and getting ready to shoot DOFP after wrapping prisoners.He's be promating the Wolverine during production of DOFP.

Hugh Is making other stars look bad for all his engery.wrapping The wolverine.Promating Les Mes and attending awards.Filming Prisoners,and getting ready to shoot DOFP after wrapping prisoners.He's be promating the Wolverine during production of DOFP.

In the last interview I saw, he looked like he was about to fall asleep standing up, so I would imagine he should really take a day off or something soon... :oldrazz:

In the last interview I saw, he looked like he was about to fall asleep standing up, so I would imagine he should really take a day off or something soon... :oldrazz:
He's been non-stop since rehearsals for Les Mis started last January. That filming ended in June, then I believe he took off through July (I had read they were no vacation in Colorado), then August with The Wolverine through November, and then right away into hectic Les Mis promotion all over the place, then "Prisoners" (which is why had has the beard) started on January 16, and he's been flying back and from from Atlanta to London to LA doing all the requisite awards events.

He's on Letterman on Feb. 20 so looks like he's not filming in Atlanta, at least on that day. The Oscars are Feb. 24 and that would seem like that's the last awards thing he has to do, so then he can focus on finishing "Prisoners" which is rumored to end on March 26. Then who knows what his filming schedule will be for DOFP.

He did say in his recent Hollywood Reporter interview that his told his agent "he needs to be home" so I'm thinking no filming for a bit after DOFP. But he does have to promote Wolverine (Comic Con in July perhaps?) with all the talk shows, etc., and the same goes for "Prisoners" which is out on Sept. 20.

But I do wish all this award stuff happened when he was clean-shaven - not a fan of the beard but it must fit his "Prisoners" character.

Michael Fassbender was on the Graham Norton Show last Friday but he only mentioned the golf-buggy crash incident on the First Class set (when he and McAvoy were fooling around in the buggies).

Fassbender never got chance to say much else because fellow guest Mark Wahlberg was a total a-hole and dominated the entire show; a combination of jetlag and alcohol. Wahlberg was unbearable. Worst. Guest. Ever.

It's unfortunate that Fassbender didn't get to say more, but I thought Wahlberg was hilarious.

It's unfortunate that Fassbender didn't get to say more, but I thought Wahlberg was hilarious.

He was hilarious if you like that horrible awkward way. You could tell that Silverman and Fassbender were really championing through it. Actually Sarah gets the real kudos here; had it been me in that position I would have been thoroughly creeped out by him. Did like that Fass called him on ruining the pee and the golf story. Yikes.

I think I quite like the beard on Hugh actually :woot: He's such a dreamboat.

James McAvoy looks pretty badass in Ridley Scott produced Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch opposite Mark Strong

[YT]5ISSWRwczG4[/YT]

James McAvoy looks pretty badass in Ridley Scott produced Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch opposite Mark Strong
One of many great projects for James this year. :yay::up:

He also looks badass in Macbeth, and his performance is already getting rave reviews. John Krasinski tweeted "Got to see James McAvoy CRUSH Macbeth!!!" and even Gary Lineker, the soccer player, tweeted "James McAvoy's performance was utterly compelling." Can't wait to confirm the buzz myself. :cwink:

tumblr_mif8whe5sW1qg1mbfo1_1280_zps26617fd8.jpg

tumblr_mifegqY5FL1r50xflo1_500_zps8ffb778b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"