Days of Future Past First Class ACTORS Thread [new proyects, interviews, quotes...]

One of many great projects for James this year. :yay::up:

He also looks badass in Macbeth, and his performance is already getting rave reviews. John Krasinski tweeted "Got to see James McAvoy CRUSH Macbeth!!!" and even Gary Lineker, the soccer player, tweeted "James McAvoy's performance was utterly compelling." Can't wait to confirm the buzz myself. :cwink:

tumblr_mif8whe5sW1qg1mbfo1_1280_zps26617fd8.jpg

tumblr_mifegqY5FL1r50xflo1_500_zps8ffb778b.jpg

Saw these pics earlier today, looks so different than I imagined. Going to see this in April, got the best seats in the house so I'm really stoked. :D

Woah these Macbeth pics look intense! Pity I live on the other side of the world.

Woah these Macbeth pics look intense! Pity I live on the other side of the world.

I do too actually, but I've been planning a trip out to see a few friends in London for ages and fortunately the play coincides with it. Just barely though, I think my tickets are for the last performance :p

Also I find it interesting that filming for DOFP begins 2 weeks before McAvoy is available. I wonder if they're going to start with the future-verse scenes.

I'll go in April, and it's a loooong trip for me. But after seeing James in another play I know it's more than worth it.

The only thing I hope for James is that after an energy-charged performance in Macbeth, Professor X isn't used as wallpaper in DoFP. Bryan Singer already did it in two films, and in the third Charles was killed. Why is it so complicated to write a powerful telepath, wheelchair-bound character? The two weeks absence worries me, because before the whole "bring all the old cast back" started, James was supposed to be the main character alongside Fassbender. Now we can't even be sure.

James McAvoy's interview in Time Out London:

It will be interesting when Sir Ian McKellen and Patrick and I are all working on “X-Men”. We might have a Macbeth-off. I might just go, “My Macbeth’s better than your Macbeth… And your Macbeth: hmm, not so sure.”’

"Macbeth-offs" sounds like a lot of fun. :woot: I would pay good money to see James, Ian and Patrick going at it.The rest is here http://www.timeout.com/london/theatre/james-mcavoy-interview-were-all-imposters-in-hollywood but apart from the quote above he's only talking about Macbeth.

If they get Alan Cumming back, he can join the competition. He's doing a one-man production of Macbeth on Broadway this spring.

^ That would be amazing! :wow::up:

I saw him as the Emcee in Cabaret on Broadway, he's pretty awesome on stage. :up:

And since Patrick Stewart's done the one-man Christmas Carol on stage, they could just compete playing all of the characters. :oldrazz:

If they get Alan Cumming back, he can join the competition. He's doing a one-man production of Macbeth on Broadway this spring.
Was just going to post that! :p

Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart are coming to Broadway this fall too. Must see that. I geeked out when I saw them at The Hobbit premiere in NY in December.

The two weeks absence worries me, because before the whole "bring all the old cast back" started, James was supposed to be the main character alongside Fassbender. Now we can't even be sure.

The shoot it supposed to be quite long though, and there'll be scenes like the Sentinel future which James will probably not be a part of. So I wouldn't necessarily worry about the two weeks absence.

I hope that this ferocious Macbeth side of James gets used in the movies more often. The casting people probably just see his angelic features and nothing else.

The shoot it supposed to be quite long though, and there'll be scenes like the Sentinel future which James will probably not be a part of. So I wouldn't necessarily worry about the two weeks absence.
I hope so. It worries me that he'll arrive there in the middle of the action, when First Class was a project he was involved with from the very beginning. Gives me an impression that young Charles won't be that important for DoFP; I really have no idea.

I hope that this ferocious Macbeth side of James gets used in the movies more often. The casting people probably just see his angelic features and nothing else.
He'll be quite ferocious and deranged and, well, filthy in Filth, so I guess this will help change his image too. As an actor, James is capable of playing any type of role and be convincing, he should never be typecasted because of how he looks. But I know that's how the industry works - trying to keep the actors in roles that "fit" them. Thankfully he doesn't want this for himself.

When X-Men (or a X-Man and a Brotherhood member) meet: Jason "Azazel" Flemyng was at the press night for Macbeth (James "Xavier" McAvoy) today. :cwink:

BDuim9ACUAEhRqh_zpsf2db456b.jpg

Is she really 47?? I thought she was 48...so even if she's 47...that means there's a 19 year difference between her and I...gods...even still, I have a crush on her after all these years. its funny, I referred to her as the 'hot chick' in x2, not remembering what character she was playing and I was pleading her not to die when she left the jet...and I was like, "No! Don't do it!!" lol. She's still hot.

James and his bike, an outtake from the great article on the new Empire:

jamesempire2013_outtakes03_zps2f64c786.jpg

To read the entire article go here:

^ It really does! Great bike and gorgeous man, nice combo. :hrt: :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88