Days of Future Past First Class Sequel - July 18, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm really excited too although I'm still worried the Wolverine might get postponed. Is anyone cast apart from Hugh Jackman?

Also I hope Wolverine has another cameo in the First Class sequel (they can't call it 2nd Class can they?) so that he's still been in every X-Men movie.

No more Wolverine cameos, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jedi

No more Wolverine cameos, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jedi
agreeeeeed! As awesome as Go F Yourself was, anything else with him would be a clearcut way to get him into the movie somehow and officially put him in every single movie. I will still go see Wolverine II (if it gets decent reviews) but I'm otherwise sick of this character. His time the X-team films is done.

Yeah, as far as this series go Wolverine's involvement shouldn't extend beyond one short amusing cameo. Three is a crowd ;)

If filmmakers listen to those who want first Class to be reboot then Wolverine would be
joining the team In Sequel.I bet now remaining prequel to First 2 films sounds good.

If Fox doesn't try to release It for Christmas 2013 It need to come out Memorial day or late july 2014.No June release.

Fox just announced an untitled X-Men sequel for 7/18/14.

Closest competition is Transformers 4 on June 27th. Nice amount of time for people to see that before X-Men comes out.

The Dark Knight Rises will be released July 20th, so Fox have set a similar date for X-Men :up:

Solid.

Is ASM really going to make May 2014 if the box office and reception is lukewarm? I doubt it.

But the proposed May 16th release I heard about is awful. Might as well buy the rights for Battleship 2 there if you are Marvel. Otherwise, the second Marvel movie needs to be June or pushed to the Fall.

Thor 2 should feel like an appetizer to Hobbit. I think Marvel could put an appetizer out there for Avatar 2. Namor or something like that.

Thank god.I didn't like the Idea of june again.Fox Is releasing the new planet of the
apes for memorial day.

Just think.Matthew Vaughn will have over a year from when they start shooting to get the film ready.This will be the most time given for a X-men film to be done.

Great news, loved First Class can't wait to see the continuation.

I was still hoping a May release, and now that I see they set the Planet of the apes sequel for the Memorial weekend it makes me feel even worse.

That weekend would have been amazing for the x-men sequel, but anyway, lets hope the movie has some great action sequences to appeal to the whole world specially after a Transformers sequel.

I will be a hard competition, I think, but we'll see what happens....

I Agree with you.I really wanted the memorial day weekend.It could have done big then.

I am very Intrested In knowing the Ideas that Matthew Vaughn,Bryan Singer,and Simon Kinberg presentered to Fox that led them to give them so much time.Vaughn and Jane Goldman had to rewrite the first Class script In 6 weeks.Filming doesn't start till January.Vaughn has been on board officially for over 2 months d still has 7 months to finish the script and prep the film.Filming will likely wrap In June 2013.That means a year to finish post.

Hopefully there wll be enough time after transformers for audences to be ready for X-Men.

I am hoping Fox takes a page from Marvel and has a preview for It with the Wolverine.

Sounds like a sensible date to me. I just rewatched First Class 2 days ago. Really looking forward to another 2 films in this universe.

I think studios have learned their lessons with 2,643,178 superhero movies out in the span of a couple of months. Best to space it out a bit.

I don't know why Marvel is bowing out of the summer. Maybe as respect to Sony/Fox for their properties. You don't want to undermine your own long term properties if you are Disney.

Nonetheless, they are still rival studios. I would slide Cap into July if Sony or Fox is hell bent on May. First Class 2 seems more of a March/April release unless they really plan to scale it up for the sequel, which I doubt. X-Men movies are grounded and do not feature huge action sequences and set pieces, at least not since X-3, which was a disaster.

Except it wasn't. It was a huge financial success for the studio, and while the level of quality was certainly different than the 2 movies before it, it's not nearly as bad as it's made out to be.

Great news, loved First Class can't wait to see the continuation.

I'm curious to see how it goes.

I hope that if they are going to do it, they respect the continuity of the films that came before it and don't just go off on their own tangent, doing whatever they see fit.

And I hope the quality of the first First Class film carries over to this one as well.

I thought the ending action sequence of First Class with nukes & missiles going off all over the place and submarines being dragged out of the water was quite a big set piece!

Excellent news, while this year has been great and there are still some amazing looking movies to come, 2013 and 2014 both have some amazing movies to look forward too, its going to be a long wait for FC2, but i'm sure it'll be worth it and i'm glad the crew are getting more time to develop it as well.

we dont need to wait too much to start reading casting calls and announcements about the new actors.

Hopefully around October or so we start getting the first names for the sequel, and hopefully they cast Polaris!!

fingers crossed! :woot:

Awesome. I figured they'd shoot for June/July. I like the July release date better; June was getting a little crowded.

Wow, an X-Men movie with a year and a half between start of filming and release. Whodathunk? :woot:

I'm curious to see how it goes.

I hope that if they are going to do it, they respect the continuity of the films that came before it and don't just go off on their own tangent, doing whatever they see fit.

And I hope the quality of the first First Class film carries over to this one as well.

I disagree completely. I think the only film they should be concerned with when it comes to continuity is First Class. I want them to have complete freedom for their ideas, not have something brilliant in mind and then have to can it because "ah, well this doesn't work in the old films".

There may have been a couple of minor continuities that showed up in FC (Wolverine, olderMystique cameo, Mystique's design, same opening as X1) but the rest of it was a solid "whatever" when it came to the movies (Charles losing his legs, Emma Frost, seeing a 12-ish year-old Cyclops, which would make him 50 at the time of X-Men 1, Erik and Charles meeting in their late 20s/early 30s instead of teens, Beast looking human in X2).

I say, just declare it a full reboot. The X-Men trilogy had its chance and decided to screw it up with the 3rd one. They don't need any more chances. Making it a reboot opens up a world of options, not to mention frees them of the tedious (and screentime-wasting) task of explaining how all their inconsistencies loop up with the trilogy. Can you give any reasons tying it to the old movies would be a BETTER thing?

It's 2 years away ! I don't wanna wait that long !

I disagree completely. I think the only film they should be concerned with when it comes to continuity is First Class. I want them to have complete freedom for their ideas, not have something brilliant in mind and then have to can it because "ah, well this doesn't work in the old films".

Agreed. I hope they do their own thing regardless with how it fits in the first X films.

I disagree Completly.First Class was very connected to exsisting films.

They made it clear as well on DVD/Bluray special features First Class s part of exsisting series.Even with cerebro mutant tracer feature trying to connect Wolverine and The Last stand to First Class.

I just don't understand the obsession some on this board have with reboots.SOme are even worse than the studios.I also gurantee you If the filmmakers listened to those
who want first Class called a reboot Wolverine would become a X-Man very quickly.

It makes no sense going forward with the Wolverine If First Class Is a reboot.Plus they are keeping the possibilt of X4 open.

I disagree Completly.First Class was very connected to exsisting films.

They made it clear as well on DVD/Bluray special features First Class s part of exsisting series.Even with cerebro mutant tracer feature trying to connect Wolverine and The Last stand to First Class.

I just don't understand the obsession some on this board have with reboots.SOme are even worse than the studios.I also gurantee you If the filmmakers listened to those
who want first Class called a reboot Wolverine would become a X-Man very quickly.

It makes no sense going forward with the Wolverine If First Class Is a reboot.Plus they are keeping the possibilt of X4 open.

Well First Class could have been X4 but they opted for the Xmen reboot route...in my opinion. So I dont think there will ever be an X4,5,6...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"