Days of Future Past First Class Sequel - July 18, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having not read this storyline or have any knowledge of it, it just seems to me, that if this rumor is true, it goes further to the one problem I had with First Class.

Essentially, it couldn't decide if it was a true prequel/loose prequel or a reboot. And if this is the direction their going, then it's pretty clear to me that First Class was meant to be a reboot...which further weakens First Class as a film.

I mean, you really can't watch First Class and not look at how a lot of things line up perfectly with Singer's first two films but then a lot of things are just way off, which doesn't make much sense if you got the other details exactly right.

To me, this rumor seems like a neat little way to end the Singer continuity and begin anew...which is what First Class should've done in the first place.

Having not read this storyline or have any knowledge of it, it just seems to me, that if this rumor is true, it goes further to the one problem I had with First Class.

Essentially, it couldn't decide if it was a true prequel/loose prequel or a reboot. And if this is the direction their going, then it's pretty clear to me that First Class was meant to be a reboot...which further weakens First Class as a film.

I mean, you really can't watch First Class and not look at how a lot of things line up perfectly with Singer's first two films but then a lot of things are just way off, which doesn't make much sense if you got the other details exactly right.

To me, this rumor seems like a neat little way to end the Singer continuity and begin anew...which is what First Class should've done in the first place.

I don't think they wanted it to be total reboot, hence the things that did line up. But the continuity is now in such a mess that casual viewers (rather than just observant/nitpicky fans) are noticing, so this may be the best way to go.

I don't think they wanted it to be total reboot, hence the things that did line up. But the continuity is now in such a mess that casual viewers (rather than just observant/nitpicky fans) are noticing, so this may be the best way to go.

Which pretty much makes up my mind for me in that I'll just stick to the original trilogy, which for anyone who knows me during the height of the X-Men buzz is pretty big since I couldn't stand the Last Stand back in the day.

Well, I revisited the film last week...the first time in six years, and in the wake of Avengers and Marvel's Cinematic Universe over at Disney, I actually look at the Last Stand a tad different than I did...

Which pretty much makes up my mind for me in that I'll just stick to the original trilogy, which for anyone who knows me during the height of the X-Men buzz is pretty big since I couldn't stand the Last Stand back in the day.

Well, I revisited the film last week...the first time in six years, and in the wake of Avengers and Marvel's Cinematic Universe over at Disney, I actually look at the Last Stand a tad different than I did...

How is it different to you now?

How is it different to you now?

It's still not a great follow up to Singer's two but what it does have is real stakes. The universe that Singer created changed by the end of the Last Stand.

And when you look at that in comparison to the Marvel Cinematic Universe where they'll announce sequels to their main characters before the main event hits theatres (the Avengers, thus eliminating the drama and stakes of the story you want to tell ), you can actually give Ratner a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny smidgen of credit for making bold choices in that film.

For me, because I didn't read comics growing up, I look at these films in this genre as interpretation for filmmakers to mold the mythos to tell the stories that they want to tell, not to mimic the comics 100% exactly.

Again, I'm not saying the Last Stand still works but considering what Marvel's been dumping on the audiences the last four years, I give the Last Stand a bit more credit for having the balls to take some serious chances in what it did with the characters and the world by the end of the trilogy.

Well, although solo introductory films for X-Men members wouldn't work, of course, Marvel has done many things right: planning the franchise, carefully building it, ensuring continuity and consistency, recasting where necessary (Terrence Howard, Edward Norton). And, on top of that, a greater alignment to the source material to keep the fans happier.

Days of Future Past provides the perfect opportunity to rectify the X-Men series and move forward without forever trying to line up (or deliberately ignoring) the continuity.

Well, although solo introductory films for X-Men members wouldn't work, of course, Marvel has done many things right: planning the franchise, carefully building it, ensuring continuity and consistency, recasting where necessary (Terrence Howard, Edward Norton). And, on top of that, a greater alignment to the source material to keep the fans happier.

Days of Future Past provides the perfect opportunity to rectify the X-Men series and move forward without forever trying to line up (or deliberately ignoring) the continuity.

And that's why I believe it will work. They have an opportunity to make a truly EPIC X-Men movie... And it can be made to work with both First Class and the original trilogy.

If done right, it would add a menacing, horrific and depressing tone to the films. The stakes would be extremely high. And it would give Xavier and Magneto plenty to do and discuss...

Especially Magneto, seeing what he hoped would never happen to his fellow mutants, come to pass.

But why do all of that when, because the last two films stunk up the joint, you could've completely rebooted the entire franchise and learned from the mistakes of the past two films and really go full bore with the X-Men characters.

As it stands now, it's just funky.

First Class should've been the complete 100% reboot of the cinematic franchise. Trying to Abrams' Star Trek it at this point in the game seems too little too late.

And that's why I believe it will work. They have an opportunity to make a truly EPIC X-Men movie... And it can be made to work with both First Class and the original trilogy.

If done right, it would add a menacing, horrific and depressing tone to the films. The stakes would be extremely high. And it would give Xavier and Magneto plenty to do and discuss...

Especially Magneto, seeing what he hoped would never happen to his fellow mutants, come to pass.

Actually, it can't because First Class retconned the Last Stand and Origins Wolverine out of continuity completely.

Actually, it can't because First Class retconned the Last Stand and Origins Wolverine out of continuity completely.

To me, First Class is still a loose prequel to the original trilogy. But that's just me.

With the opening scene between Magneto and Xavier at Jean's house in the Last Stand, it fundamentally can't be a loose prequel to that film.

With the opening scene between Magneto and Xavier at Jean's house in the Last Stand, it fundamentally can't be a loose prequel to that film.

Like I said...that's just me:woot:.

I pretend Xavier got his legs back. It seems to be a cruel joke in the comics. He gets them back, they get taken away:woot:

Hence the word 'loose' being included, I am guessing! :woot:

I really hope this is true!!!

I said after FC came out that using the 60s backdrop of political assassinations was too juicy to pass up. That someone(Bishop) coming back and in turn messing up the continuity to bring FC into it's own universe by accident.

That way you can have flashforwards to Wolverine and the Singer X-men's future ending but set up that Vaughn's X-men will break off into it's own thing.

Sigh, I might have to stay away from the X-Men franchise until they sort everything out.

Still, I've got the Wolverine that could work in continuity to the world set by Singer but knowing my luck, it'll screw continuity even more.

True. I'm just not big on loose prequels. Either you're a prequel fully or a reboot. Stop toying with my emotions and my OCD....

LMAO!!! Poor guy. BTW, are you on Blu-ray.com also?:woot:

havent read the last two pages, but some users on other site have already pointed this out:

What if this means that Fox is already setting up X-men 4, apart from the first class sequel??

WHAT if this is the case?

:wow:

havent read the last two pages, but some users on other site have already pointed this out:

What if this means that Fox is already setting up X-men 4, apart from the first class sequel??

WHAT if this is the case?

:wow:

I wouldn't mind X4, if Singer directs it.

I see it perfectly:

2014: X-men: "Second class"
2016: X-Men: Days of Future Past

would be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!

The best I can hope for is that this is all a rumour. Or that it's plans for X4. Heck at this point I'm so desperate for it to be not true that I'd even take it if it was the plan for XMFC3. But XMFC2 is sacred, and the most important to get right. Please FOX, don't do this.

The best I can hope for is that this is all a rumour. Or that it's plans for X4. Heck at this point I'm so desperate for it to be not true that I'd even take it if it was the plan for XMFC3. But XMFC2 is sacred, and the most important to get right. Please FOX, don't do this.

What are you afraid of? This could turn out to be an awesome event (could be a stinker too lol).

But it may end up being epic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"